v6 vagcom questions

I was curious if there were in blocks I should log on the car to just double check the health of it?

What are you trying to check the “health” of?

I’d say no code, no misfires is a good thing to start off.
Actual health of the motor will require things like compression test, leak down test, maybe an oil analysis…etc

Your in luck when it comes to the NA motor. If there is an issue or health issue that can be checked with vag com you can simply check codes. The big thing to look for is split vac lines. Then do the usual checks on plugs filters and the rest of needed service parts.

euroswagr is right if you want to really see whats going on do a compression test. That will help tell more

Thanks guys. The car runs greatm. It just hit 99.4k miles. TB was done at 94k. I figured the usually vagcom for misfired and what not. Any plugs worth throwing in or just stay stock?

Change plugs depending on your future plans of performance. If you’re going JHM tune consider looking into colder plugs. If you’re staying close to stock, you can keep the stock plugs in.

With a 3.0 you really want the newest ignition coils because they always seemed like the big coil killers.

What are these colder plugs you speak of?? I thought the NGK laser platinum stock plugs JHM sells were supposed to be the best ones for the 3.0, PFR6U-11G

I just run the stock plugs with the red coil packs.