V8 4.0tt Swap

Has there been any talk about this in this forum? I’ve searched here and on the Zine, and googled as well to see if any discussions are floating around. Either I suck at searching, or there just really hasn’t been any solid content to go off of.

I’d like to get an idea if this is even an possibility for this platform, or a hopeless dream. What would be the main challenges in making something like this happen? I’m mechanically inclined, and have pulled motors, and have experience with all internal upgrades on a VQ motor. Luckily, this would be more focused on a swap and not cracking the block open. However, aside from hardware challenges, and I’m sure the endless amount of wiring harnesses, and then the drivetrain, I assume software would be an issue too. I wonder if it would be utilizing an ecu from that platform, (S6, RS6, or the like) or if we could run the current ECU? So many questions. Then the challenge of getting the right tune for any upgrades…ie, APR.

Ideally, I’d love to swap in the 4.0tt and run the RS6 turbos with the software upgrade from APR. Then again, not limited to that particular motor, I’d even be happy with the one from the RS4.

Let’s open this for discussion, I’m really curious and you guys are probably the best to go to with something like this to get some educated responses.