VCDS Coding Help

Good evening,

I was messing around on VCDS and was looking to do come coding after reading this thread:here. After unchecking the box for the amber side marker I exited the Long Coding and clicked “Do It!” to be greeted with a box that said something along the lines of a module that wasn’t set up and asked me to either 1) accept default values 2) manually do something or 3) to cancel. Unsure, I cancelled and am now here with my question of what to do. Anyone got some advice? My VCDS is up to date.

Probably a limitation in the module you are coding or the hardware the module is connected too. For something like the headlights, the module maybe capable of a change but the N. America headlight maynot be capable but if you install Euro lights they may work. Check out these two threads since you have VCDS and can use it to enable the Hidden Menu.

That’s the thing, I’m able to deselect the bit for the amber side markers but what happens afterward I’m unsure of. I’ll take a photo of the menu that comes up tomorrow. Everyone says it’s working properly but no one mentioned what to select in this pop-up menu once I click “do it”.

Here’s the pics. I simply go in and uncheck the amber side marker box, exit, select do it, and get this pop up. I’ve seen YouTube videos and no one else gets this box.

Doing more research…seems I should select Yes for default.