Want some more exhaust sound, and yes I have searched the threads

So my S8 is my DD, to be honest it’s has plenty of power for my liking and it sits at less than $20k in value.

I’d like to get some more sound from the car, but don’t see the value in adding 10% of the cars value for a CBE system, I would rather spend that money on maintenance over the next few years.

Has anyone done a resonator or muffler delete, and have beeen happy with the improved sound?

Again it’s my DD so not looking for a race car sound, and don’t want a droning system.

As background I had a E39 M5 with Supersprint system on when I purchased it and for me it had too much drone at low RPM, I ended up going back to OE, which sounded great. I know the S8 is a luxury car and not an M5, but I feel it would sound great with a bit more of a bark when you get on the gas.

Any comments or experiences would be appreciated

I just saw this. Exhaust is hard to pin down what works for some won’t work for others.

The stock exhaust is going to be very quiet. pulling the resonators out can help and you don’t see much drone due to just how big the OEM mufflers are. no res will help give it just a little more bump in sound.

How about welding a Flowmaster super 44 dual inlet and outlet muffler to the exhaust right where the 1st two resonators are.

Take out the first two resonators and weld the flowmaster to that place check this link

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/street-mufflers/8425454-25ind-25outd-super-44-409s/

I don’t know how it will sound on the V10 but i had it on my GMC envoy 5.3L V8 it gave it a deep aggressive sound. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Or the cheapest exhaust mode is just after the exsaust manifold the place where the rest of the exsaust joins the manifold ( some call it cat back exhaust ) for the V10 there three screws on each side joining the rest of the exsaust to the manifold carefully open those bolts and put metal washers then reconnect the exsaust. It won’t close fully because of the washers the good news is some exsaust gases will be coming out from that small space you have created and it’s after the cats so there is no bad smell just loud sound coming out. Bro it will be so loud it’s aost like driving without the exhaust just the manifold so experiment by increasing the space slowly slowly. I have not tried it out but in theory I think it will definitely be loud. What do you guys think ? , Thanks

uh, yeah no. dumping exhaust gas and flame from the cats under the car will create heat and soot problems where the car’s not designed to deal with them…

There’s a local who did a muffler shop mod - I think he straight piped the stock mufflers leaving the factory cats and resonators in place. It sounds pretty good - it’s definitely not buttery smooth like the JHM catback, but it’s not raspy either and has a nice bark at WOT. I think he spent less than $200 for it, so I can’t fault him for going this route.