Want to buy C6 S6 below 100k miles

Looking to buy a C6 S6 with below 100k miles. Would prefer carbon fiber trim. Also would prefer no accident history or at a minimum an honest response of what happened and if the frame was undamaged. Please pm or email at acapanna3@gmail.com. Thanks.

There are lots of S6 cars out there. Any reason for the 100k limit.

I figure that most of the S6 V10s at dealers have not been carbon cleaned so the lower mileage the better in my opinion. Also most of the listings are above 100k miles and wanted to see if that was all that was available at the market given the age of the C6 generation.

You won’t find too many that have been well taken care of and under 100k miles I don’t think because most of the owners that do all of the work on the car generally decide to keep them after investing that sort of money. You may be better off with a higher mileage lower priced car to give you more room to have all of the maintenance and extra performance mods done.

Very well said. I 100% agree.

AntonioS6 with the 5.2 V10 you need to almost rethink the normal pattern of looking for a low mileage car depending on your budjet and plans with the car. Here is why

The S6 and S8 are so detuned that the owners genereally can’t beat on them too hard to do motor damage. Obviously stay away from any car that has a hot air intake on it as those owners were most likely clueless… Not all but most that removed the air boxes tend to black out or smoke out the mirrors cut off the mufflers but what you don’t see is that kind of owner really spending the money on keeping the car maintenance up.

Since the cars were do detuned from the factory you should be able to find a car with 120k that has just as good of a comp test as a car with 75k. But the cars you find with 75k will need just as much work (about) as cars with 120k they only difference is your paying more money.

Around 75k the cars all need
carbon clean
fuel filter
Injector clean service (I would only go JHM for this other service only cleans them at 5bar or idle pressure)
Coil packs
plugs
and checking to see what year what revision the intake manifold is as its probably broken. That alone is a 1800$ bill.
oil separator needs to be changed

Now cars with over 115k will probably only need to have valve cover gaskets and a few motor gaskets changed on top of the list above. So IMHO look for a well priced car WITH A CAR FAX report and possible service report. from there get a comp test and feel free to post those results here. There are a lot of well versed guys here that will give you an idea on what your have.

Thanks for the hospitality and info. Will for sure post what I can find on here.

Feel free we would all be happy to pass on what we can to help you land in a good car. All the information I listed above will really help when it comes down to it. All I can say and strongly keep saying is. If the car doesn’t have lots of documentation its not worth as much. The more info the better the results will be for you.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d687&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=06804&distance=150&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=167880065

This is an '08. I have the carfax and it only has 12 service records and 1 accident reported. It is close by my college atm but I do not particularly care for the replaced grille and what appears to be mirror cap replacements.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465161598&zip=02452&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D02452%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2018%26modelCodeList%3DS6%26makeCodeList%3DAUDI%26searchRadius%3D0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=S6&makeCodeList=AUDI&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=AUDI&modelCode1=S6

'07 with a clean carfax and a great color imo. Seems a little overpriced but that is due to the Audi dealer and the rarity of the color I assume. Only real issue I have is that it is in Ohio and I can’t see it in person.

Can you post the car fax info. That will be helpful. Also on the first one does the car still have the OEM air boxes…Just saw the first one has already been sold.

I personally don’t like red but the red one looked in better shape. IF you can get that car fax post it.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?make=AUDI&vin=49|-89|3|-92|-19|-20|-21|-53|-126|-59|16|30|-87|-48|6|68|90|60|48|28|96|90|-66|48|&dealer_id=69431&car_id=465161598&partner=ATD_W

I didn’t see any of the usual suspects changed like injectors or intake manifold. It looks like maybe the PCV system was updated but that’s not a real big deal.

Over all its good to see the car was serviced at the dealer as much as it was but keep in mind the big ticket items look like they have not been updated

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/713001235/overview/

Carfax https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=WAUDN94F98N059498&partner=CDM_O

This one seems to be well documented in terms of service.

Also in regards to replacing intake manifold and such how much do you think an aftermarket warranty cost?

An after market warranty from a reputable company is probably going to run anywhere from $3-5K depending on the tier of coverage. :slight_smile:

And depending on your level of mechanical ability a good warranty is worth it. Just make sure you get a full idea on what there tier coverage includes. Depending on how you look at it. Your going to spend 3-5k in maintenance work in most cases over the next few years if the past owners didn’t do any. So you can swing the money one way or the other.

Did you ever purchase a vehicle? I’m selling my 2007 S6 with 51k miles, black metallic on black leather, with carbon fiber trim. It has 2 years of remaining fidelity platinum warranty. I’ve done a carbon clean and a lot of the common issues (new manifold, cv boot, gaskets, plugs, coils, injectors). I’m asking 16.5k with the warranty, and 14.5k without. I can send pictures/more info if interested.