What did you do to your RS5 today?

I already stripped the SAI valves off the back of my new low mile engine that I’m installing and used B7 RS4 block off plates but today I went out and stripped the two electric Air motors and SAI plumbing from the front end. They sit right behind the Aux radiators so not only are you stripping off another 10lbs of weight from the very front (although low CG), you are definitely improving the airflow to the Aux radiators. Along with Ape’s Aluminum bumper re-inforcement the car should flow air much better for cooling.

Hauled mine to the Body shop yesterday (Daytona Grey) with the idea that my new Seibon hood would get painted. After installing the hood the Carbon matches the Daytona pretty well and with the ECS Carbon rear spoiler it’s a great match. I’m just going to have him do some paint touchups and redo the door trim (previous owner had it painted Black so I’m getting it redone Black, but better quality than the previous owner). I priced the OEM Audi Shiny Black (optional I guess to the standard silver) door/roof trim. Even discounted it looks like about $400 per door, it’s definitely not going to cost me $800 to have both sides redone. Funny thing is the polished Aluminum is about $100 more per side. After this I’m just waiting on my JHM rear exhaust section and I’ll be ready to drive. Sounds pretty mean with just the headers and X-pipe when cold started. I wonder if JHM can tweak their tune to shorten the cold start cycle? Mine seems to last 20~30 seconds of higher revving, on my 3.0t S5 it only seems to last about 10 seconds.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s nearly there now just the final touches, I bet you can’t wait !!

My cold start lasts about 20 seconds if that but I do find it stays on a little longer if it’s cold outside.
Also you might find once you start using it more and more often the cycle time might shorten a bit as it’s been sitting for a while now while doing everything to turn it in to a beast !!!

Got mine back from the body shop on Monday, it looks beautiful. I’m still waiting on the window/side trim for around the door/side window. They make the trim in brushed aluminum, glossy black, and black. I dont’ think the plain black was available in N. America but that is what I ordered. All 3 types were within a hundred dollars of each other but wow, endes up being about $750 per side, $1500 just for both sides window trim. Mine was originally the brushed Aluminum, previous owner had it painted a glossy black with some scratches, now I went in deep. The Black had to come from Europe so expecting another two weeks, plus waiting on my rear section JHM exhaust which was orderd 2 1/2 mths ago. Did I happen to say the car looks great, Daytona grey, for now left the Seibon Carbon hood bare clear coated, goes with the Carbon ECS rear spoiler and the Carbon rear diffuser. Bought a new sunshade assembly as the one in the car is screwed up (common B8/B8.5 problem) so I might tackle that in the next two weeks.

Where’s the pictures would love to see it ?

Sounds lovely tho what you have done to it and the amount of work put in is impressive !!
Well done buddy :blush::+1: