Where are all the fast EPL 1/4 mile times? (NO FATS, NO 60-130, NO DYNOS)

300 whp less even lol…that’s how insanely absurd this shit is.

Imagine a K04 car on race gas making around 450 whp and running mid 11s at 125…like jaybquick’s car on K04s…and then add Tials, an AMD dyno and 300 whp and see what the car can do. It should increase the velocity of the rotation of the earth when it launches…not limp across at the same MPH as the K04 car.

and you love playing the victim. It’s the actor in you. Why not have jason post in this thread and see what he thinks. I would love to hear what he has to say about the EPL tuning hurting his customers’ cars performance in gears 1, 2 and 3 (since they’re apparently just dandy in gear 4).

Here’s some fun math:

Bugatti Veyron 60-130 = 5.6 seconds
Bugatti Veyron 1/4 mile = 10.1 seconds
Bugatti Veyron 0-60 = 2.5 seconds
Bugatti Veyron 0-130 = about 8 seconds

Burningcoals 60-130 = 5.7 seconds
Burningcoals 1/4 mile = 12.2 seconds at 128 mph
Burningcoals 0-60 = 12.2-5.7 = 6.5 seconds ??? (and this is generous because the trap wasn’t 130 mph…so the 6.5 would be bigger)
Burningcoals 0-130 = a little over 12.2 (based on his 12.2 @ 128 mph quarter mile time)

From this we can see that burningcoals is the only car in the history of performance motoring to take longer to get to 60mph than he does to go from 60-130 mph. Pretty incredible.

Other 0-60mph 6.5 seconds cars like burningcoals 6million whp B5 S4:

Chevy Malibu (V6)
Honda Civic Si
Mazda Miata
Mercedes E320 diesel
Mini Cooper S
Nissan Altima Hybrid
Nissan Sentra SER
Saab 9-3 Convertible
Volkswagen EOS 2.0T
Volvo C30

The Veyron gets to 60 mph 4 seconds faster than burningcoals…but they’re just about even from 60-130?

Even if burningcoals limps out to 60mph in 5.5 seconds like a STOCK B5 S4 near the top of 2nd gear…take 0.5 second to shift into 4th (skipping 3rd)…then just hammer 4th to redline (adding your veyron like 5.7 second 60-130 time) , you’d have a 11.2 second time to 130mph.

You can see why we’re having a hard time with this data now…right?

I play everything well. That’s why they pay me the big bucks ;).

I agree, a GT car is perfectly suited for the drag strip, top end power and not having to worry about spool because you can launch the car right into boost… It doesnt make sense to me, and hasnt for quite some time… That’s why I have this limited, practically banned audizine account, for trying to get to the bottom of this. Just so we’re clear though, I went 124 right off the street, hot car and everything still in it. I pulled in, tech’d the car, threw my helmet on and made a pass… Then I dropped my exhaust and threw a little timing and some race gas in and went 126.xx an hour later. It’s clear things dont add up, they had to practically force Evilevo to run his car at show and go, dude looked like he had no idea what was going on. I think he ran like a mid to low 13 at 124mph… That is very hard to do with 600+whp… I have the pass on video, it’s very similar to my 130+ pass, pretty ugly… I would guess my car would have made maybe 575whp on a dynojet on the high end the way things were running on that pass… I could feel it flatten out up top, the logs showed timing being pulled, but actual power is hard to guess really… I can literally tell that Adam’s car doesnt pull like it makes 600+whp… He has light wheels and all, and it doesnt get up like it should… I would post the video, but it’s not my place… Either way, I’ve been VERY unimpressed by any EPL GT car ive seen so far…
As far as Tony’s dyno numbers on my car, maybe I can dig them up from an old AZ thread… I remember something funny like making high numbers, then coming back for a new tune and making less power number wise, but tony said the car was running faster fats… Something was funny, but I just cared how the car ran at the track, which was pretty well when I tweaked it a bit… I feel like I solely legitimized Tony’s happy dyno fiasco, I think I saw him in a thread recently denying that ever even went on though… Whatever, like I said, I have a lot of work to do before the season starts, and I plan to shut it down this year… Leave the excuses at home, and drive your car not your dyno sheet.

You think you can get a track to throw a fake time up on the clock as you make a pass, then give you a fake time slip too??? You can easily time the pass semi-accurately if it’s on video with a stop watch… a low 10 sec pass is going to be clearly different from a 12 second pass… That’s insane talk… The tracks near me are no bullshit, you get kicked out at 135mph for no rollbar, you think they’ll fake a complete pass and time slip for me?

[quote=tweets4estate]Dude anything can be faked. I know people who run the strip in martin MI who’s to say I don’t have them fudge the times for me and not race anyone else… I think 60-130 is one good way of measuring, I think 0-60 is good, I think the 1/4 is good. FATS are one thing, there isnt anything showing elevation change or anything else. yes, anything can be changed, no most people don’t in my opinion.
[/quote]
hahahahahahaha that’s hilarious. So according to tweet, dragstrips might be willing to throw their million dollar business in the garbage, destroy their reputation…for what? To help out a failed tuner scam people and sell turbo kits. Or to help a kid trick some people on forums so they’ll stop being mean to his tuner? Right. You sound like you haven’t been to the dragstrip before. It’s a place full of people who are insanely serious about the integrity of the numbers. That’s the whole fucking point.

Anyway, let’s all get back on topic. Where are all the fast EPL cars??? Is it the tuning world’s greatest co-incidence? That the ‘BEST’ tuner (with the biggest dyno numbers) only sells their tuning to the WORST drivers out there? Or is it something else?

If I recall I’ve heard people comment on the difference between JHM’s speedo and the recorded trap speed. Watch the video… Looks like the strip could be wrong… My point is human error is everywhere. Why would a shop risk it’s reputation to lie and a drag strip wouldn’t. Who says the lie would get out. You try and make my points look rediculous by making obscene comments and being E-loud. I am playing devils advocate, that’s all.

hahahahahahaha that’s hilarious. So according to tweet, dragstrips might be willing to throw their million dollar business in the garbage, destroy their reputation…for what? To help out a failed tuner scam people and sell turbo kits. Or to help a kid trick some people on forums so they’ll stop being mean to his tuner? Right. You sound like you haven’t been to the dragstrip before. It’s a place full of people who are insanely serious about the integrity of the numbers. That’s the whole fucking point.

Anyway, let’s all get back on topic. Where are all the fast EPL cars??? Is it the tuning world’s greatest co-incidence? That the ‘BEST’ tuner (with the biggest dyno numbers) only sells their tuning to the WORST drivers out there? Or is it something else?
[/quote]
Are you compensating for having a slow car by continuing this pointless debate? You are giving EPL and AMD more credit by actually spending a lot of your time bashing them, its actually propelling them into a status you trying to convince people their not.

Yes, there was other cars there, I mentioned in my post TiAL cars. Take a bunch of folks who have never done the 1/4 and see what happens, I don’t care what they drive, its not going to be pretty.

Good luck with that. EPL makes way to much money to care about 5 people on a forum hating them.

I am not defending anything. I could care less about the 1/4 BS, and non-scientific conclusions a small number of people are coming to. I find it ammusing actually. You guys have your panties in a bunch because some businesses are doing well selling product which you don’t think is worth it.

Jaybquick said his speedo was up around 135 mph when he crossed the line.

Easily explained (surprised he didn’t know this)

1. speedometer in the car is always 3-4% over reality (your pbox will show you that)
  2. trap speed is average speed over the final 66 feet of a run, not the speed at the post, and not the speed before/after the post like they used to calculate it.

So I believe it’s not that far off reality (his 130). I reckon once he has the car in perfect working order (does that ever happen with a 12year old car making double/triple factory power?) he’ll be more like 133…and a hair lower than 10.8.

so, you think I am mentally weak enough to need to compensate because I define my self worth by my car’s performance/dyno sheet ? And if this is indeed me, I managed to ‘fuck up’ by buying a B7 RS4, even though for 1/8th of the money I could have had a 400 whp B5 S4? And for 1/2 the money I could have had a worldbeater like your car? You think i have made 15,000 posts on Audi forums over the past 5 years and despite being so desperate and needy to be the boss, dyno-sheet wise, yet I somehow managed to not know I could have owned a B5 and be ‘the man’?

Come on man. Making jokes like that don’t work on me. I know exactly what’s out there, and what my still bone stock car can do (which is incidentally sprint from a dead stop to a point 440 yards away in only about 6 tenths more time than your car that apparently makes double the power!).

I guess nobody wants to address the very simple question…they’d rather just point fingers, call people haters, talk about 60-130, make fun of other people’s cars for not being fast enough, and generally just avoid the issue altogether.

you missed the point. The MPH for the 605 car was indeed 121 mph by p16.D4, not 125 mph with a passenger. I’m the guy who created the Tial 605 official quarter mile list, don’t forget.

12.1 @ 121.3 - p16.d4 - Tial 605 B5 S4, 92 octane+meth, stage III proper

[quote=Jason:addict][b]PJ K04 trapped 114
K04 Hybrid stripped interior 118
[size=15pt]TiAL 605 121
3L TiAL 770 128

All had over 2 sec 60’ [/b] [/size]
[/quote]
Also, plenty of people go to the dragstrip and do well. When I went to the dragstrip the first time ever in my B7 S4 I was a little freaked out but by the end of the day had run a time that was the 3rd fastest piggies B6/7 S4 time ever, and had matched the fastest ever B6/7 S4 MPH. I wasn’t 10-12 mph slower than I should have been (or even 1-2 MPH slower)…I wasn’t 20 tenths slower than I should have been (or even 2 tenths slower). My car did what it was supposed to do, as advertised.

Someone calling me slow that is in the 13+ sec 60-130 range lols!

I don’t care what you think I should have done, or others should have done. Good luck trying to give EPL and AMD a bad name. Hint: No one cares.

It’s funny…you just want to avoid the discussion and the facts. You’ll make fun of people’s cars, you’ll deflect, you’ll talk about other ways to ‘prove’ EPL right…but you just won’t tackle the issue head on.

This thread has NOTHING to do with 60-130
This thread has NOTHING to do with your car (although I know you crave the attention)
This thread has NOTHING to do with AMD

This thread has EVERYTHING to do with EPL tuning. Why is that so hard for you to focus on?

I think the fact that the Tials thread is 8 pages long with 50 different people posting in it, and this thread is 40 posts long after 1 day on a tiny forum should probably tell you something…people DO care. The fact that the EPL/AMD threads always blow up into 10 page long arguments on audizine also prove that people DO care. People ARE thinking about this…you’re doing your best to avoid thinking about it. That’s understandable…they tuned your car.

4 pages of that TiAL thread are from me and you almost.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

1 AMD’s name and rep is for shit already so there is no more work needed there

Honestly. honestly. There is good points being made on sakmainaos part but excuses all around other wise and people are not supoed to ask.

A 700whp dyno and a 12.4 sec 1/4 mile don’t add up. super low “FATS” times and hten 12.7+ 1/4 miles times don’t add up.

or they do and in the end were not getting real good answers. pages of excuese and explinations. When the real explination is obvious and has been stated several time.

Sweet, maybe then I can get my car in for more work.

Also hope you are having a great Friday! :slight_smile:

^^^did you see my comparison of your car vs. the Bugatti Veyron?

I would love to hear what you think about it. The numbers are pretty funny.

Are you Epson_W on AZ?