Where are all the fast EPL 1/4 mile times? (NO FATS, NO 60-130, NO DYNOS)

In the discussions about the tial car failures (bad 1/4 mile results) there has been one item that a few people have alluded to, but we haven’t explored it.

EPL TUNING

We couldn’t discuss this on any other site, because EPL is an advertiser on them all. 91GL got banned for posting in the ‘Tial results thread’ as his posts were construed as a call out on the EPL cars. Quattroworld is the same…with posts on this topic getting deleted and covered up very quickly. So, here on Audirevolution.net where there are no sponsors, there is no coverup…we can discuss this topic.

Do we really think EPL knows how to tune cars to be real world fast (track/street/strip)? Or do we get the impression they are great at tuning for a dyno sheet, but in the end the cars are a little lackluster where it counts. That’s my impression. I haven’t seen a compressor map for the Tial 605 or 770 (because I heard there isn’t one which is another story lol) but I get the impression they are indeed able to flow a bunch of air to make power. So if the supporting modifications are there (cooling, exhaust etc) and the turbos are there for the power…why are these cars not performing anywhere but single gear high speed, high rpm pulls???

It’s gotta be the tuning.

Here’s a great resource for B5 S4 quarter mile times. Anyone ever notice the absolute lack of EPL tuned cars on this list?

http://audirevolution.net/quartermile/

On that list, some interesting things pop up

1. the fastest EPL car is NYCVR6 who ran 11.66 @ 123 with K04 hybrids and EPL tuning on C16 (and who wasn’t even EPL tuned really…the tune had to be tweaked quite a bit)

2. the next EPL car is a 12+ second car

3. the Tial cars that went to the strip as a group in WA never posted up their info, so we can’t see them or their timeslips (although they weren’t fantastic so who can blame them)

[b]There are 30 B5 S4s that ran 11.999 or better…and only ONE is an EPL tuned car.

There are only a handful of B5 S4s that dynod 600 whp or better…and a MAJORITY of them are EPL tuned.

That’s a gigantic disconnect.[/b]

Here’s something else that’s funny. We have about a dozen quarter mile times for Tial cars. They are just about all tuned by EPL…but one of them is not. Which one? The fastest one. Notorious VR self tuned his B5 on 605s and pump gas to a 11.9 @ 116 quarter mile. The other Tial cars? All well into the 12s, mostly in the teens mph with a couple of exceptions.

EDIT: We have now seen a Tial car get DEEP into the 11s. TonyAiello went 11.1 @ 129 in his Tial 770 car. Great news for EPL right? NOPE. Great news for JFONZ, who actually tuned the car. So 2 different Tial cars in the 11s…and another dozen in the 12s. EPL has 0 cars in the 11s and owns all of the ones running 12s. Wow.

Anyone else finding this super odd???

No doubt it is very odd, would be interesting to see what NYCVR6 has to say since he had one of their tunes.

Has any of EPL porches been down the strip, would be interesting to see if they do any good

Only 2 cars in washington went to track that are TiAL/EPL this last year.

1. EPL 605 car went 12.1 @ 125
  2. EPL 770 car went 12.2 @ 128

I have watched so MANY high HP cars flop at the track. That is my point, you can win big, or FLOP huge, doesn’t matter how much power you have.

The 605 car had a passenger, first time 1/4, and I was the 770 car first time 1/4.

And where did you hear EPL had fast cars? I call rumor… :frowning:

I went 11.6@126.XX MPH too, also c16 and full weight 3750lbs roughly. I am interested as well in some results…Tony tuned my car, but I “perfected” it myself… That was also only holding 22 psi up top, because the C16 was less volatile, we weren’t able to hold boost like on pump. I did an off the street complete pass with tools, spare and all in the car that same day and went 11.7@124mph… The car ran pretty well for a pig.

What kind of track allows passenger? You’ve watched many high hp cars flop at the track but not all by the same tuner running the same setups. Theres no excuse for not running a decent mph, no lift shifts have very little help on mph. Also you dyno’d more than 100whp over the 605 car and yet you really mph the same if you take the passenger out.

You’ve spent more time running your S4 @ the track than most & you no how much power it takes to go 126mph ie not 500whp. You went 126mph and could of went 128+ with some small weight savings. You no what your car made on Epl’s dyno and you no what some of the 770 cars have claimed to make. Would it be safe to say that some of these 650+whp cars are showing 200+whp more than your K04 car and yet really haven’t mph any faster than your car. Vast went 134.5 mph and never made more than 517whp on the stock short block so 650whp should easily run 140+mph

Actually there is plenty of excuses for not running a decent mph. :slight_smile: I think maintaining momentum will help MPH, just a guess.

Not sure what you guys want me to tell you at this point.

You didn’t hit the brakes did you lol, you said the run was pretty clean just lifted on shifts. This won’t rob you of 12+mph. Anyway as long as your happy with your car than thats all that matters just don’t push your setup on others with dyno charts at the exspense of other setups on the market thats all.

Winter is really screwing with this argument badly lol

[quote]You didn’t hit the brakes did you lol, you said the run was pretty clean just lifted on shifts. This won’t rob you of 12+mph. Anyway as long as your happy with your car than thats all that matters just don’t push your setup on others with dyno charts at the exspense of other setups on the market thats all.
[/quote]
I am not pushing my setup on anyone else, I share data with community.

Hate on it people will(yoda), more power to them. Heck if your faster then my car, just do a 60-130 and kick my ass and stop just posting about it, then you can really laugh at all the TiAL people… Seriously lols… Might as well do something when tracks are closed?

A quick scan of this forum you can tell everyone hating on EPL and AMD. Pretty amusing and entertaining actually.

I am not pushing my setup on anyone else, I share data with community.

Hate on it people will(yoda), more power to them. Heck if your faster then my car, just do a 60-130 and kick my ass and stop just posting about it, then you can really laugh at all the TiAL people… Seriously lols… Might as well do something when tracks are closed?

A quick scan of this forum you can tell everyone hating on EPL and AMD. Pretty amusing and entertaining actually.
[/quote]
Strictly just my opinion.

I think people are sick of the misinformation being shared with the community! See your new to the bullshit and probably don’t no any better “I mean hell your lead to think you have near 1000chp car or the potential” ::slight_smile:

You have 1 reason why you believe this ie dyno chart but theres 10 facts why you don’t. To be honest I don’t think your setup will make 625+whp let alone 775+whp. I would have rough time believing you have 535whp when looking at your mph.

I think people are sick of the misinformation being shared with the community! See your new to the bullshit and probably don’t no any better “I mean hell your lead to think you have near 1000chp car or the potential” ::slight_smile:

You have 1 reason why you believe this ie dyno chart but theres 10 facts why you don’t. To be honest I don’t think your setup will make 625+whp let alone 775+whp
[/quote]
My 60-130 is in the same times as cars with 800-1000HP.

Basically you are saying my car won’t get faster, I disagree.

I’m not sure what you are saying, are you saying I have not made 625 or will not make 625? Or you don’t believe I made 625, or 640, or anything over 600?

My 60-130 is in the same times as cars with 800-1000HP. But lets not get into verifiable specifics…

Basically you are saying my car won’t get faster, I disagree. Well see how that turns out soon.
[/quote]
Your car will get faster but forget about those dyno numbers cause there not practical. Sure your dyno numbers will climb but they will never ever match your track results. Every platform has the very same shit going on in it ie dyno charts etc. The B5 is just the worst ive seen lol

I’m not sure how “accurately” EPL’s dyne is reading these days… When I was there years back it was during the “EPL Happy Dyno number Fiasco”… I do recall my original tune numbers being a bit high for what I had, then after we did a more aggressive tune, my numbers were lower or something was funny. I don’t care about dyno numbers personally, so I just went to the track and ran the car… Yes there are a few EPL/AMD cars out there with high dyne numbers and poor MPH at the track… My car with about an ugly as a pass as possible still went 130 on a 28 psi tune, roughly 592 whp if i recall correctly… Then that day was extremely hot and I was having water temp issues, causing my management to pull timing as well… Not sure where I was sitting power wise, but it felt pretty flat up top… My numbers are on a dynojet too… There are a few 600+whp epl and amd cars running slow trap speeds for the claims… It’s hard to be off by 10+mph on a pass lol… Very hard… So Evilevo for example dynoed at 600+ on EPL’s mustang dyno, the car trapped 124 on a pretty ugly pass, but that is WAY off the trap it should be seeing even given the conditions… I would expect at least my trap on my bad pass since the mustangs are supposedly heart breakers and the dynojets are happy… Something seems off, this can’t be all driver… That said, I don’t give a shit anymore… I’m going out this season and shutting it down… If I have any excuses at the end of this season, I am going to put my tail between my legs and hide… lol… I need to pay attention to me… Fuck EPL, Fuck AMD, fuck everyone… I need to get my shit together and down the track in one piece. That’s my only concern…

What is the 60-130 crap? Does anyone really use that as a benchmark standard for how fast a car is ever?? Does road and track have 60-130 in their performance tests? No, they have 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc… We want to know how fast a car really is… The 60-130’s can be doctored and faked as well… We have seen no videos to even prove that those claims are real… Just saying… Like I said, you guys do your thing (60-130), I’ll do mine, drag strip… I can’t get caught up in this nonsense and arguing anymore… I’ll race tweets, I’ll race gear head, I’ll race any of the cars, Im never going to back out… I just don’t want to hear excuses after… clutch slipping, tools in the trunk, sprained ankle, etc… Run what you brung… My performance this past season was PATHETIC… Expect big things from my car this year…

NYCVR6,
When your S4 went 126mph with the tools and spare tire in the trunk I believe the car dyno’d mid 400whp on EPL’s dyno I think you posted like 465whp. Personally think that was a tad high and still you mustard up 126mph and could of easily went 128+mph with the spare and tools out. Probably would put the car at a solid 425whp

My point was that you were making 200+whp less than some of these other cars but yet your heavier and pretty much mph the same or more ???. Vast/Kurts car barely broke 500whp on stock short block and went 134.5mph on a generic file 5 yrs ago and with more seat time probably could of gone 136+mph. Point is that you don’t need 600+whp to get these cars into the 130ss like people think as your car, JHM and Vast/Kurts old GT car is a perfect example.

For the people who say GT cars aren’t ment for the track “well thats complete bullshit” GT cars are perfect for the track. If someome has accomplished these times ie 600+whp, sub 6 sec 60-130 times and 2.0 3rd gear pulls clearly you cant say “these setups aren’t ment for the track” your car makes great low-mid to top end power or how could it acheive these times. Clearly the tune is good or the car wouldn’t perform these numbers etc. Shit just don’t add up!

Dude anything can be faked. I know people who run the strip in martin MI who’s to say I don’t have them fudge the times for me and not race anyone else… I think 60-130 is one good way of measuring, I think 0-60 is good, I think the 1/4 is good. FATS are one thing, there isnt anything showing elevation change or anything else. yes, anything can be changed, no most people don’t in my opinion.

you sure it was 125? Jason@AMD said it was 121.

Also, wasn’t it a K04 car, K04 hybrid car, 605 car and 770 car? I remember the thread pretty well. Jason’s post about the trap speeds must have felt like trying to swallow a porcupine after all the shit-talking in that thread lol.

the thread wasn’t titled 'burningcoals and tweets4…explain yourselves

the thread wasn’t titled ‘tial owners please check in with excuses’

the thread is titled ‘where are all the fast EPL tuned cars’

Why you guys feel the need to defend/explain anything EPL and AMD does poorly is a bit confusing at this point. This isn’t a witch hunt for guys like you who have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on these companies’ products. The thread is asking a simple question…with years of tuning excellence (according to the dyno) under their belt, you’d think that at least a few of these superstar EPL tuned cars would have run a 1/4 mile time that ends up in the top 30. There was only one, but it turned out it wasn’t even EPL tuned…it was an EPL base file that was tweaked by the owner (NYCVR6)

I’d love to see EPL themselves check in to set us straight. It’s unfortunate that the sites they advertise on would never let this thread go on for more than three posts.

You love hearing the sound of your own E-voice, don’t you?