Would this aftermarket radiator work?

Hi I have an Audi s6 2007 I was recently in a accident with it by getting hit by a girl doing 50 around a 90 degree turn while I was parked on the side and she went head on into me. I was wondering if this radiator I found on eBay would work for the car. They say it will work. The car has 3 hoses so I assume where the add-on pieces are I would put in that third hose.

Also if you would know if this radiator cooling fan for the 4.2 would work on the 5.2 and yes I know it wouldn’t fit without some adjustments but the fans look exactly the same from the fans on my car and the it has the same connectors and the reason why I’m asking about the 4.2 fans because I can’t find the 5.2 shroud for the fans and the fan motors like 1200 a piece when I asked Audi.

I think I remember someone asking about this in the past and there is a connection between the main radiator and an auxiliary radiator that needs to be addressed. The others on here can chime in more on that. Regarding finding the other parts such as the shroud and the fans, you can check ebay. The one issue with the motors is that you may need to buy new. I tried used motors as replacements and we had to go through 3 or 4 till we got a setup that didn’t make unbearable noise. Good luck.

Ok thanks

I wanted to resurrect this question in general. Is there an aftermarket upgrade to the radiator for this car? I understand the need to have an additional port for the auxiliary hook up. @laketahoequattro @justincredible did you guys find anything? Thanks!

I was having a dude build me an all aluminum radiator for my s6 in china, sent him money a year ago then covid, no word. Ima likely bag it and put an oem one in. Wish I had better news.

I know oem brands are like hella and nissens, I would def not go nom oem on a radiator. You’ll hate yourself if it blows leaving you stranded over a few hundred

I put a non oem radiator and put a thousands miles on the car no problem until the starter died

I’d sure hope it lasts a few thousand, they should last 100k. Being the s6 gets so hot under there I dont like taking those risks anymore.

Yeah I get it I’m still extremely paranoid over it overheating

I plan on doing a cooling system overhaul by next fall, including reservoir, hosing, radiators, and thermostat. Anything else? I need to put the car in service position, correct? Any instructions on that process anywhere?

I had the upper rad hose pop because when I was doing the carbon cleaning in a semi service position it was straining/ pulling against the hose. Me being a bad mechanic. I replaced the reservoir a while back to clean up the engine bay. Again OEM reservoir because the chinese ones caps dont fit right all the time.

Yea u need service position. Your side aux radiator may need to be replaced too if it has the coolant corrosion like most do found in the hoses and radiator.

I’m gonna do a coolant flush where I run CLR and hot ass water they the heater core and system to completly flush the entire system. Did it on my old ar, took a while but got lots of gunk / omd calcified coolant out.

Do all that, add some BG Cool into the coolant and it should be a happy camper. I have a stat in my parts ready to go on also, my coolant temps drop when going down Hills so pretty sure its stuck open but no codes for the “cooling circuit”

During the summer I see coolant temps at 225 deg which is WAY too high for me, especially given in at 5k elevation and engine output is 80% of what it should be. I need to do a coolant maint also.

No this absolutely will not work just had to replace mine no parts store Carrys ours. Rockauto Carrys a Beck Arnley radiator that will fit but it was out of stock and no timeframe when it would b back. Had to get from dealer $465. Ours has three outlet necks which is kinda rare and no oil cooler lines thru radiator.

OEM is probably a BEHR, but there are qualtity aftermarket radiators, if it’s a real CSF it is a good deal, Hella would be a good choice too. If it’s on Ebay or Amazon, even if it says it’s a namebrand it’s proabably re-labled junk. CSF does have a perfromance division that makes all Aluminum radiators, I know they make one for the B5 S4 and just started making one for the B8/B8.5 S4/S5.

I have put Mahle one on mine. It was the only available. Hella was out of stock, and reported as not built anymore.

i don’t believe that will work. the brass fittings on the left are meant for transmission cooling, but this vehicle doesn’t route coolant to the trans (or at least not directly from the radiator IIRC). you will find that they interfere when you go to install. i ran through this when buying off of rockauto. ended up going with one from audiusaparts (or audipartsusa… i can never remember which one is right). yes they are more expensive, but you are getting an OEM part with guaranteed fit.

sometimes the $$ is worth the lack of hassle.

2 Likes