10,000 mile review of my 2010 Audi S4… lol

Solid work Ron. Thanks for sharing your results.

Now if we could just get you to come to Atco and one of our private rentals…

Very fast! I never thought the V6T was capable of such numbers with the stock internals! Have you thought about reducing drag/increasing aero? (fold in mirrors, lowering the car), and add even lighter weight wheels?

Thanks bud! Maybe someday… Pete needs to show some times in that slow M3 first ;D

[quote=“bigserve134,post:22,topic:9159”]
Internals are fine the limiting factor is heat given the amount of boost and overall blower efficiency/capacity… some head work and cams would probably help quite a bit… I think matty has cams but no sure as I know he stated that at one time… who knows?

Yeah, I already fold the mirrors! lol Lowering it may net me a little in the aero but I like the way it looks and sits now. More likely I’ll buy some forged lighter wheels, a very light battery and some other small weight reduction things and see what else APR has in store…

10s will happen on a 1320 3.0t with seats.

We can’t forget that it’s still early. The car is what…6 years old? It wasnt until about 7 or 8 years that the B5 S4 started posting really fast times. The B67 didn’t have many huge breakthroughs until about 2010.

Takes time for either the big guys to refine it or the performance guys to perfect it.

Early spring rental is when he will probably start the sickness/mods/track.

I’m sure he will post times. Love the car. His car / color combo is pretty sweet.

Private rentals really do spoil you. Moogas has become addicted. Hopefully he follows your modifications path and I can get some runs in it next rental :wink: I was there for his last session. Car runs well and track was really prepped well.

private track rentals are like the 2 days in 5 years when you show up at the track and it’s you and 5 guys. You get 21 runs in whenever the fuck you want.

Then you go back three weeks later and there are 125 cars and you wonder why you are even there. It’s just not the same.

Auditude bought a new M3 (4 door?)

It really does spoil you and you never want to go to public track day again.

I had a buddy’s E63S at one of our last ones. Ran all day. Different lanes/ different tire pressures. Just beat crap out of car. 10.95 iirc in +1500 da. Tune pump gas and dps. Great car.

Yes new M3. 6 speed manual.

just a tune and it ran 10s? stock wheels and everythign? that’s solid. high 120s MPH?

They’re mid-high 11s @ 120ish stock usually.

Is that tonyRS4?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161129/891fe3a92689414b6fb296434b5670d8.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161129/a25bcca2887855450e903ac78b5a947f.jpg

AMS 93 tune , AMS catless downpipes.

Wish I could have taken it back for October rental we had. Prob had another 0.1-0.2s in it with the DAs that day. Car moves up top.

Drove car for few weeks as daily. Awesome car and very tempting to pick one up. It just goes without effort. AMS setup is pretty perfect. Just couldn’t stand the catless fumes in garage.

Not Tony’s car. He runs Weistec. 11.2ish @125 was his best. Same setup iirc.

do you have multiple 123 timeslips? If so, you already have enough speed to make an 11.0 or 11.1 at worst ET. In converting speed to ET, the DSG B8 S4 is incredible. We have already seen a few RS4s (with old fashioned manual transmissions) go 11.1-11.2 @ 125. DSG B8 S4s traditionally have been about a tenth better than RS4s at similar traps.

I would be stunned if a B8 S4 that traps 123 can’t go 11.1 or even 11.0. If you guys hit 125 MPH you will have a 10 pass. So where will that extra 20 - 25 hp come from I wonder.

I agree with the statement above, 123mph should get you 11.0x or a very very low 11.1x ^^

I ran 11.29 @120.77mph (bleeding boost of course), our time-to-distance we can cover with such a low trap is pretty neat.

That’s the plan gentlemen, only wish I could run race-tune at track and switch to pump for drive home. The way it looks car wI’ll stay with 93 tune and all the goodies when APR releases it to the rest of us. Kai at Elite has me on standby as soon as this stage comes out or slightly after. I always let some racers go first and watch the results and any issues that might pop up. As for Ron’s times they are solid as can be and after watching the vids a couple of times it gives you a different perspective on how the car runs/shifts. When I run it usually feels more violent and after thinking about it I realize why… My engine mounts need changing, hahaha. Btw, Tsivas we need to come up with a logging setup next time we track. You know I’m pretty bad at figuring out some of the adequate parameters to log and keep forgetting to group and turbo, smh… Ron, high 10’s or super low 11’s are yours next time keep up the awesome work. Until next time Moogs over and out.

Couple more vids I was sent… Ignore the title in the one, not sure why he thinks the cars turbo vs sc…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny1tytQVv1k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E8JKvnuRzk

Great vids Ron car looks good :+1:

I could have sworn that Chevy Equinox would have pulled lol…

Thanks bud!

LOL! Trust me I was a little nervous…

maybe the giant T on the side lol

it’s always terrifying when you’re lined up with a minivan.

‘oh shit…am I going to end up on some fucking sleepers youtube channel?’