3.2 mod interest.

I dont know how many mods it would take to make 300 hp. But I am sure that a supercharger or a turbo charger upgrade would cost tons of money… Due to the fact that our cars have such high compression

Exactly. High compression and boost does not mix very well. But high compression and nitrous works very well together. i wouldnt mind having a small 30-50 shot

just keep in mind the cooling effects of direction injection let you run higher compression safely. The 3.0T has a scr of 10:1 iirc for instance. Also look at the supercharged S5s and RS4s for an idea of how aggressive one could get with a forced induction option on the 3.2

This is very true. The direct injection does pose as a benefit for such high compression. I just saw specs on the 4.2 that is in the RS4 and it appears that the 3.2 motor is more closely related to this motor. It even shares the same compression ratio! Dare i say we need a supercharger kit in the works?

I’ve been interested in seeing if the 3.2 FSI could really be tuned. I didn’t even think there was any interest out there from 3.2 owners or tuners. For this reason, most of my time has been spent researching products that are applicable to the 3.2 like modified S4 downpipes, aftermarket exhausts, mounts, and suspension. I’m sure it will take a lot of work and testing to make tuning the 3.2 engine a success. Count me as “subscribed” to this thread.

There is lots of interest on the 3.2 and 3.0 right now at JHM. They have been aggressively building the foundation to advance the 3.0+ guys.

I think the 3.0 guys are going to see lots more power with the addition of the Dp’s that are on there way and the word on the street is that the 3.2 is going to have a strong product line the first part of next year.

I think now that we got the ball rolling and there is interest in parts for the 3.2 & 3.0, that we will be very pleased by the developments being made by JHM and maybe other companies in the future. I think theres a lot of potential locked up in these motors and hopefully we can get the parts to unleash it.

I bet you guys have the same shit exhaust the S4 did. Lots of crinkles and crimps in it to fuck up flow. Sucks for high end. B6/7 S4 with tune and full exhaust picks up between 25-50 whp. Pretty huge for an NA car.

what’s the car at stock? (3.2 B7 I guess…not sure if B8 is different)

Stock exhaust is horrible and the piping ont he 3.2 is smaller than the piping on the s4. The car stock is 255hp and like 250trq i believe. Im hoping 300hp at the motor is possible.

Given the difference the Jhm tune made on my car and what we have seen in the 4.2/3.0 I would say there is a solid chance on getting over 300hp

Sounds like JHM should let us know whats in store for us 3.2 guys. I bet if they give a little hint people would show some interest. I feel let down as a 3.2l owner from other shops promising parts… Oh well gotta be paicent I guess…

but if JHM let you know what was coming and then failed to deliver for a while for whatever reason, would you not feel let down by them also ?

I would prefer to hear about real products or “we’re currently testing xyz and have results of abc, expect more in a month or so” than vapourware. Thsi way we as customers know what to expect and they get to keep their good name and not get a rep for not delivering what they promise.

Just my 2cents worth.

Trust me. . . you won’t know until it’s close to release (and close to release to JHM is the point that other companies would have released & sold it publicly MONTHS before).

Just look at their history with the S4, b/c it’ll follow the same trend for any other platform.
Catback designs were on cars for 4+ months before public offering.
Headers were on a car for ~6+ months with no one knowing.
Nitrous was on a car for 8+ months with no one knowing.
S/C was on a car for almost 12+ months with no one knowing.

This is just a couple of products to name a few. Heck, the Rear BBK still isn’t on their site for whatever reason, but it’s been publicly available for a LONG time. But the other platforms have the advantage that the S4 market already figured out all the hard stuff, it’s just adapting it for the most part after that.

Registered on this forum just to post in this thread…

I’d love to see more options for the 3.2. The only mods I have on mine (and was able to find) is a cold air intake from the 3.0. With so many mods available for the 3.0, 4.2, and other engines similar to the 3.2, what would it take to make these work on the 3.2? Are the exhaust systems that different?

From what I understand the ECU on the 3.2 (either the Bosch or Siemens, not sure) is not able to be reprogrammed like the other cars, which is why tuning is limited. I could be wrong though.

I too am interested in seeing what JHM can do to liven up the 3.2 engine a bit.

Does anyone have any info on the est. bump in TQ / HP for the tune only? Tune + DPs? Tune + DPs + SC?

Prices would be a nice to have too. :slight_smile:

I think you could see even bigger gains from simple mods than the 3.0 guys. First thing that’s killing all of your cars is carbon buildup, whether you like it or not. That is the first thing that needs to be taken care of. By taken care of I mean taking it apart and getting dirty.

From there I would focus on making sure the engine is running like it should. Fresh plugs after the carbon cleaning, clean filters and oil are all good places to start.

Then I think the car just needs a tune, catless, and a good catback. Your cars can be tuned, it’s just a little more difficult since (I’m assuming here) you can’t just send in your ecu to get chipped. Assuming its like other FSI’s there are two ECU’s so flashing is the only way to tune them

iirc the two ecu thing is only with the high rev motors becuase the single ecu can’t keep up with the data processing needs at higher engine speeds… I believe the rest of the fsi motors only have a single ecu.

I think that there seems to be a good amount of interest in the 3.2/3.0 subject. Hopefully we will start seeing some parts available to us within the next 6 months. I know for a fact that i cannot wait for a good tune and a set of downpipes to unlock some power. The car could definitely use some help with 0-60 times and also some help breathing above 5000 rpm.

Be patient guys, they already have their plate more than full with the s4/rs4/s5/3.0 stuff going on

I completely understand that they’re busy doing research and design and i appreciate how a JHM representative has taken the time to email back and forth with me for days. I just cant wait to make my car faster lol