4.0T Performance Parts

What you said is blatantly obvious to me.

Some backdoor cable sharing doesn’t require website marketing.

He is getting mad at mucking up his thread now. Which the only reason, I suspect, was to start fresh as Chris’ thread was full of embarrassments.

After reading thru blades thread, i learned that lowering modules are performance parts.

And the stancetards are upon us.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Gstno1/IMG_20131030_174419_zps2014fd13.jpg

thats how to completely ruin a fucking scary fast luxury sedan…

I get that it’s retarded, but I do think that is a pretty sick lookin shots. It’s crazy how long it makes the hood and overall car appear. Reminds me of the old 7 series BMW’s that people slam.

Why all the hatred? There are performance based air suspension options now…track tested with adjustable damping. The stretch/poke thing isn’t my game but these systems are now viable options for maintaining sporty handling and flexibility to raising/lowering for specific daily “hurdles”. Personally, I like the sporty stance of my CO’s but daily life bites back on occasion. Also, TOTAL systems come in about the same weight (and sometimes lower) than CO setups.

http://youtu.be/1ScCHuaCLrM
http://vimeo.com/51467775

scary fast?

it’s an A7 3.0T

I didn’t pay that car much attention… I was basically referencing the 4.0t cars in the 4.0t performance thread.

Anyways there is a huge difference in a nice ride height and perfect wheel gap/flush…and stancetarded

Unfortunately The Smoking Tire has become a biased media machine. Look for the results the Airlift/TAG/GIAC S4 put down at ECGP this year (will be in the Jan/Feb issue).

Our benchmark with a B8 S4 on the same track was 1:25.727 (run in a previous year) Let’s see how close the bagged B8 came.

I wasn’t specifically referring to the Accuair “package” (that was mentioned in the Smoking tire). They make good management but I don’t believe using the stock strut and shock combined with a single bellow bag is the best approach. The AirLift performance front/rear setup combined with Accuair for managment makes more sense to me.

However, some perspective. I’m talking about a setup for 99% of daily drivers that also want a car with sports car handling. At the pinnacle of motorsports a fully track prepped (traditional suspension equipped) car will likely handle better than a performance air setup but a) it would rattle your teeth out on the street and b)0.05% of drivers are capable of realizing the difference between the two setups.

Like the majority of others I’m not tracking my car every week. However, I still want a lowered stance (nothing “ridonkulous”) that handles well and that I can live with on the real streets. Many turn their nose up at air suspension because of the stretch/poke crowd but I can certainly see the benefits of 98.5+% of the performance, the desired look and flexibility of not getting (a lowered car) marooned on a speed bump ;D

Maybe you missed the photo of the stupid fucking a7 a few posts up with the ghetto fabulous giant wheels popping out at 45 degree angles so the body of the car can almost lay down on the pavement.

LOL, no I saw that…I guess I misunderstood the shit flinging as toward air suspension in general, instead of the big wheeled ghetto ‘laying frame’ look ;D

It’s pretty funny how sciblades@unitronictuning claims he’s not bias in his thread but puts up a video of his car on race gas and puts APR’s heavier S7 on pump gas as the comparison.

This is the problem when you’re a tiny little company like unitronic. They have no quality control. Could you imagine an APR dealer running around pretending to be just a customer, then posting lame ass comparisons like that? APR would shitcan them immediately. In fact, they’d likely never get to be a dealer in the first place.

^ Unitronics is a nightmare. They regularly report having tunes available for particular engine/turbo combinations and write it and ship it practically on the spot. The early customers end up being QA testing…with horrible customer service backing them up. I would never trust a Uni tune on modern ECU.

Lol for what it’s worth he’s not a unitronic dealer, his story about the cable might be true. I emailed uni with an address a couple miles from him asking for my nearest dealer,but they directed me to a shop 2 hours away.

I don’t understand how receiving perks and declaring yourself impartial makes sense.

More and more like a politician.

So after a couple months, APR released their RS6/7 tune and Milltek released a third exhaust version for the S6/7 (eliminates rear mufflers ala B8 S4).

So far APR is the only one to really indicate development for the platform (i.e. downpipes).

Hopefully the Springtime brings more updates, as its been slow from what I can tell.

A b8 with no mufflers would sound obnoxious. Does anyone have that?

Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlf0LGlJEk

The Milltek kit (non-resonated) only removes the rear mufflers and retains the front and center resonators. Sounds pretty good (IMO) unless you remove the cats, then sound raspy and obnoxious (again IMO).