Another JHM Tuned S6 in the 12s

Great work. So many are looking to see the full potential of the 5.2 thanks for being on the front line showing what can be done.

That’s OBVIOUSLY the WORLD RECORD. JHM Tuned S6 12.57@110 thats moving.

Here are the performance numbers for a 2009 R8. It’s the 4.2 but still

List price $109,000
Price as tested $109,000
Curb weight 3580 lb
Engine 4.2-liter dohc V-8
Transmission 6-sp
Horsepower, bhp @ rpm 420 @ 7800
0–60 mph 4.0 sec
0–100 mph 10.1 sec
0–1320 ft (¼ mile) 12.5 sec @ 113.2 mph
1 Like

I know its not the same but its similar. Guys in europe running 1000hp on stock rs6 motors and trans. I feel we’ll get close i really feel this motor and platform has so much potential especially once boost is introduced.

Also if I had that 3500lb weight figure id comfortably be in the 11s lol

Props man! Like seeing that figure for sure. I run a super lightweight Northstar agm battery it is about 3/4th the size and half the weight. Same power specs

Wow, great numbers!

Was able to get my S6 to the strip today hoping to improve on my last 12.57 @ 110 run. Did not change anything like i hoped i would but the weather was beautiful and much less humid and the car drives hard when the temps drop so figured id be able to improve on my PB. First pass clicked off a 12.49 @ 111, backed it up next pass with a 12.50 @ 110. I still have coilovers and lw battery i want to do as well as get tuned for being catless. Im sure we’ll be knocking on 11s doors by November when temps really begin to drop.

Still full weight minus spare.

1 Like

WOW. That is really getting after it. This is again a fantastic working example of what good parts good maintanence and good track prep will do.

King demetrius…

1 Like

Nice!

Yea you could have a “100lb” jockey drive and loose some more weight lol. 1/8 tank of gas

What tires and psi are you running?

I just purchased an S6 with the V10 and it has the JHM long tube headers 3” JHM exhaust, high flow cats and JHM ECU/TCU tunes, spacer and LWCP.
I had watched the the YouTube video of the white S8 claiming 100hp gains.
After driving my car for a week now I can say that the YouTube post would be accurate.
The previous owner had completed this work and the synergistic effect is a significant power increase.
Absolutely the best upgrades you could do to improve flow, and of course power throughout the power/torque band.

Congrats. I’m assuming you picked up the black S6? Great catch.

Thanks! Yes this is the same black S6 with the full JHM package!
I look forward to getting acquainted with this car!
This forum really is an excellent resource!

Congratulations on the pick up. That’s a super great car.

I just might know the guy who built that car (motor / exhaust wise) so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot!
The car is unreal, and yes the previous owner mentioned you and the site! I had been searching for an S6 for several years actually and happened across this particular unit. Once the previous owner spoke to the factory exhaust and other design flaws and of course having addressed them with JHM upgrades, I jumped at the chance! The headers and exhaust are beautifully made.
This forum will be a huge resource!
If I have a technical question can I message directly?

You can PM all members directly. I think you have to meet a minimum member requirement just to assure your not a spam bot but I think you have probably done that by now.

Countvohn would be the guy to contact if you had ANY questions but for sure the guy to contact about your car… I too have seen and worked on your car but Count is going to know more than anyone.

A big welcome and congrats to you on such a great car.

OK great to know!
I do have some questions, so I can message yourself or CV when I have the chance.

If you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM.

Any update on the stage 2 tune, for your car?