Anyone else notice this?

There is a striking similarity between

This:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/540202-EuropaParts-com-Drakes-Performance-Limited-Edition-Billet-Valve-Covers

and

This:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/436003-VAST-Performance-2-0L-Machined-Valve-Cover-Introduction

???

He machines down where it says Vast and makes a plate that says Drakes and its now his product?

What if he designed it? or better yet…VAST doesn’t even exist so I don’t see an issue.

Looks like a clear cut and paste of the product that VAST made but when they went out of business he just scooped up.the product machines the name off and calls it his… Regardless kinda funny…

Ask why it says ‘performance’ on the right.

It originally said performance because VAST PERFORMANCE was the shop name. DRAKE or EUROPA or whatever has no reason for performance to be there.

See what they say…give them enough rope to hang themselves with some cockamamy explanation…then post the VAST photos.

Funny shit.

edit: Is Shane Drake the same guy that used to be Draklore? Weird how lots of companies are circumventing the Audizine advertiser rules by having authorized advertisers sell shit for them. Taking a cut. Kind of what EuroPrice offered to do for Primetime.

A B5 guy just shook the nest a little…

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/540202-EuropaParts-com-Drakes-Performance-Limited-Edition-Billet-Valve-Covers?p=8734646&viewfull=1#post8734646

Yea Shane Drake is Draklore on AZ lol

someone should totally post the picture side by side now and then ask them why it says performance lol.

wow… how sad. the b7 section is actually defending him for putting is name on vasts products and taking credit for it.

:facepalm:

Hahahaha

B7 a4 is great for teh lulz

Lol…agreed

When Vast when out of business they left quite a few VC’s behind, Drakelore was friends with Mike from Vast, so he took the VC’s off Mike’s hands are resold them as a limited 40 VC’s, but he didn’t want to sell them with Vasts logo on them, so he machined that off and made “Drake’s” plates that installed in the slot.

I don’t think this was a secret or a surprise to anyone, in fact I think he may have even come out and said it in the open. It was pretty obvious that it was Vasts Vc’s.

But as far as advertising without being a sponsor, it seems that Anthony really doesn’t care much anymore, that whole site is making moves downhill real quick.

Has that car ever run anything significant since Mike decided he would have a go at tuning it? There were 2 interesting VAST cars right when VAST was folding up. That car, and the Nogaro Blue gt car that was JHM tuned. The Nogaro car was monstrous, running well into the 11s @ 127 or something on a terrible night (100+ degrees). There’s a video somewhere. The car was only at the strip because JHM was testing their supercharger on a local tip car and the owner of the car tagged along. It got even faster…and then it got retuned by Mike and kept running 13s lol

Nope…it was gt30’ed on a revo tune…I think he sent an engine to vast to have them build it…but they held it for months and then went out of business…and then the car ended up in a tree, and now he is in a stock b7, no more modding, ended up being shipped out for military to Japan.

I haven’t seen that nogaro gt car, would be an interesting video. who was doing the tuning before mike?

Count Vohn

There’s a JHM video with it on there. Maybe some else remembers?

I’ll look around for it, I doubt anyone is going to stop in here lol the b7 section needs more members.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/the-first-b7-a4-into-the-low-13s_140392.htm

That was really funny… “while other companies stand around making empty promises, Vast delivers”…13.2…and Jake you just ran a 13.3 on a beta stage 2 tune…That’s pretty bad for a big turbo kit, I’m surprised they posted that.a

That was posted in 07 haha

Oh ya this whole thing again. Mec, has hit the nail on the head with all the information. Shane tried to help the B7 community out with lower priced parts. He really was not making much money off of what he sold honestly. Vast really f-ed him over with this engine build. Anyways, I know much are enjoying the new cover and neither of the companies are in existence since Shane closed up after his inventory was gone and since he got orders to Japan.

I would never have let Vast touch my car tuning or building wise. They just seemed to break and make everything slower.

When Vast when out of business they left quite a few VC’s behind, Drakelore was friends with Mike from Vast, so he took the VC’s off Mike’s hands are resold them as a limited 40 VC’s, but he didn’t want to sell them with Vasts logo on them, so he machined that off and made “Drake’s” plates that installed in the slot.

I don’t think this was a secret or a surprise to anyone, in fact I think he may have even come out and said it in the open. It was pretty obvious that it was Vasts Vc’s.

But as far as advertising without being a sponsor, it seems that Anthony really doesn’t care much anymore, that whole site is making moves downhill real quick.