APR has been sold to Mangrove Equity

Ok. This is what I know. Arin blew up his motor a few times. APR has been sold to Mangrove Equity. Stephen Hooks is no longer CEO. APR is undergoing restructuring as we speak with the new owners. Ultimately it is up to them which projects get priority.

As for Arin, we’ll see if he continues to work at APR given his long history of trolling and inflammatory comments.

Dave

^^ That!

Someone should get Arin on here, as those are pretty serious allegations.

Did I just defend an APR tune?

Some one get FLyingdouchebag over here to snapshot my post. I want to see it on the Facebook forum ASAP.

Clochner can you split the Bullshit (like this) into a poor ol’ Skywagon thread.

nah, it’s really hard to get voted off. Something like -30 before they even look at it. You’ve got PLENTY of bullets to take yet.

I don’t see why. It’s a tease thread. It’s full of crap already. The project appears to have been de-prioritised while they launch the 4.2 kits.

WOW

that’s pretty big news…

Good luck getting Arin to give an honest answer.

I was personally undermined and attacked by that dbag while my car was at APR.

As for Mangrove equity, Hooks no longer being CEO etc, that’s all public record.

Dave

well, not really

selling to a private equity company = ownership monetizing the asset. Understandable.

steven hook being out is also understandable as he was the principal ownership person, yes?

blowing motors on the stage 3 kit also makes sense. That’s why they bought a B8 S4. So that richib86 and primetime wouldn’t be the guinea pigs. Of course if they’re blowing the motor (catastrophic internals failure? rings kissing?) with a TVSr1740, that’s not going to be good news since the kit won’t make any sense. You’re making 400-420 whp stage 2. Going to 475 whp means $10,000+ for another 50 whp and it’s blowing the motor…thus will be backed off a bit.

The lawsuit is a weird one. Likely a big corporate fued. It will just be settled for $70,000 and disappear.

I think I’ll just leave the thread as it is. Sky’s post didn’t derail it that much.

Sak - serious allegations probably wasn’t the right way to put it. I was thinking more along the lines of APR being a non-publicly held company, and so details regarding changes in ownership and personnel decisions would not be a matter of public record. Perhaps I’m wrong on that?

As for the engines blown, you’re right. Better that it’s happening on APR’s dime rather than a customer’s. (assuming crew’s info is correct)

yes, all of this assumes crew is correct. He has a pretty good history of finding epic nuggest of information.

APR made a mistake making him mad (as they appear to lol).

Not intending to discredit your allegation, just curious, what did Arin attack you about?

Haha… he had to move on to something else once Stasis went under.

Last I heard APR got an injection from a private equity group to build the new manufacturing building.

There is no public record of this stuff, private company.

Unless you can prove it, its a rumor being started by what appears to be someone with a motive (Arin, dbag, etc.)

If that’s the case, why is the owner completely out of the picture? if it was financing I can’t see him stepping back at age 46 or whatever he is.

Are we sure he really even is out of the picture?

crew seemed to think so. I haven’t seen him post something he ‘knows’ that was made up.

Anyway, Arin will I’m sure be forced to address this here or on Audizine soon.

This is not KKR spinning off RJR Nabisco to make a couple billion.

The last thing a company wants to do is provide a bridge loan, and then fire the president and think it can run an aftermarket performance part and tuning company better by a couple mouse clickers who know finance.

If they own the company, they’d hardly fire Steven if he owned it. He’d be selling to monetize the business and exit to go ahead and do something else. He likely left as part of the deal.

I don’t think Steven is a bigshot tuning superstar. He’s a business man. His job isn’t to be a tuner. His job is to be a business leader.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they parachute in one of their own guys, clean it up, and package it for sale a few years down the road. Or generate an income stream from a mature business and be happy.

The owner probably got tired of going back and forth from his house in Miami to Alabama. ( I made up the Miami house, but what the hell, lets make it interesting as long as we are throwing around rumors).

I wonder if APR couldn’t make its debt payments and in lieu had to fork over some equity or a board seat.