APR hints at new B8 S4 product

According to the APR IG account, they have a new product for the B8 s4 and they are hinting that it is something new not tried before. They just posted this… any idea what it would be?

http://www.instagram.com/p/BHKlLSVjPMr/

“aprllcWe love the #30TFSI and we’ve spent quite some time figuring out how to add more power. We’ve tested expensive and inexpensive. We’ve tested too much, and too little. We’ve tested things others have done, and new things unseen. We’ve tested the good and the bad, and we think you’ll be pleased with what we have to offer.
Below is where the market was (Green – Pulley), where the market is (Blue - Dual pulley), and where APR is (Red - ‪#‎soon‬).
ETA: Boost season.
Price: TBD”

ftfy

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7440/27339241493_ca89f34ccc_b.jpg

thanks dude!

Looks like the vendorzine thread got locked… Made it to four pages… lol

Vey hypothetical posting haha womp

I’ll leave this hear just like I did on the other page.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160628/ac2f78779d14d3e9eac13df74c382183.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA that is awesome

LOL! And the vendorzine thread isn’t locked anymore…

maybe the dumbest post in the thread

[quote=bhrdvr]Honestly, if I could go back and get my S4 back i probably would. It’s crazy that for less than 2 grand you guys can have a $35,000 german sports sedan (CPO) running high 10s. I have no doubt when the weather cools off that someone could and will run a dual pulley with off the shelf stage 2 software and a CW or else a dedicated dual pulley file and hit high 10s. That is a crazy performance bargain.
[/quote]

1. nobody has ever run anywhere near 10s in a B8 S4
  2. nobody has ever run anywhere near anything interesting in a B8 S4 for $2,000

It’s funny how delusional people are. He says with tune, pulleys and piggyback, you can run 10s. Really?

Also thought it was funny that there’s a new new 1/4 mile list, run by loe

Hey now, I know you thought it was “interesting” when I went 12.38 with tune and intake back in 2010… lol I know what you’re saying though just messing with you…

lol old school

they’re talking about 10 second runs etc in the same breath as $2 grand and that’s just irresponsible.

I really liked the thread where all the B8 S4/5 guys came to the RS4 section to tell everyone how fast the B8 was and that the RS4 doesn’t stand a chance. That was cute.

Meanwhile RS4s have been running 10 second 1/4 mile times full interior, full weight, on 93 octane pump gas, for 3 years. The B8 will never get close to accomplishing that. They’ll struggle to do it on 104. And when supercharged RS4s offered to run against the B8 guys, they fucking scattered like rats.

All in all my 1/4ly visit to AZ proved that nothing there has changed. Good stuff.

Maybe larger TB and corresponding tune? Hopefully something that will apply to my car either way…

Ron you dont have to say what it is but I would guess that this is on your car and your testing this now…

Im glad to see APR is not letting the b8 market go. It was looking kinda bad there for a few seconds. It is a great idea to spin the blowers a little harder but when there was no tuning to back it up and people were using the CW stuff that kinda sucks and wasnt really a good solid solution if you ask me.

excited to see APR back on top waiting for results.

this one was funny…

[quote=Loe]MattyS4 trapped 122.66mph last night on straight 91 octane on a pump file with an APR s/c pulley + KI 194mm crank pulley in 78F weather.
[/quote]
That was LOE who posted that. Does anyone really believe a fuckign 1320 trapped 122 on 91? if so they need their keys and keyboard taken away

I remember when I first drove my car after getting the stage III installed I was shocked at how much faster it was. Dave and Greg both just got B8.5 S4/5 tuned/pulley APR. I asked them how they thought their cars would do against mine now…they said it would be close be 3.0T is still faster. I said when we get back to the shop lets run them …they both declined.

1. nobody has ever run anywhere near 10s in a B8 S4
  2. nobody has ever run anywhere near anything interesting in a B8 S4 for $2,000

It’s funny how delusional people are. He says with tune, pulleys and piggyback, you can run 10s. Really?

Also thought it was funny that there’s a new new 1/4 mile list, run by loe
[/quote]
2k is stretching it by all mean’s, assuming he meant to type around $3K?

Why is it funny that I’m running a list? Our list on AZ hasn’t been updated in over 6 months. Arin@APR finally updated the list this morning though.

That was LOE who posted that. Does anyone really believe a fuckign 1320 trapped 122 on 91? if so they need their keys and keyboard taken away
[/quote]
His 1/8mph traps are more aligned on that run though. Oh well I suppose, in retrospect I shouldn’t post other peoples results, but I thought they were interesting enough.

Justin, Hey man! Yeah, I can’t say much at this point, sorry… I’m hoping to be able to post somw slips in August but will see… I can assure you APR hasn’t forgot about us B8 guys and my current tune is NOT bypassing boost except for on shifts and to my knowledge that is by design… I WON’T run a spoof box and they know that so I need the tune to work spot on and it’s getting there… Now if I could only get them to tune my truck! lol

Can’t wait to see the results. I’m hoping GIAC comes through and allow me to flash to their beta dual-pulley file. If I run into any issues with even obtaining the flash, I’ll eventually end up switching to APR as I don’t want to run the CW stacked forever (it’s not a 100% solution I agree that those comments).

I’ve spent $45k and have yet to crack 13 seconds. Slow!