APR TT RS Stage 3 Released

Yeah, that’s interesting but I’m glad it means there is more in it. :slight_smile:

are they running out of fuel at high high rpms? 5 injectors yielding enough fuel to trap 130 must be pretty frigging big.

The jhm rs4 kit used stock injectors for stage 1 and 2 and they were running out of fuel on their stage 2 kit when they were low 11s around 125-126. At high rpms. Just wondering what the ttrs apr car uses because for jhm to get around 500 whp out of the stock rs4 injectors means they’re pretty massive. I wouldnt doubt the tts ones were too. But as I said for a 5cyl to hit these power levels means 5 injectors have to be spraying like a fire hose. Must be upgraded.

But wondering why they’re running out of fuel at 1000 feet. Is it right before they shift into fourth and they’re high rpms? Maybe before 1000 feet Doesn’t sound right to be that because at 1000 feet they would already be into fourth.

I don’t think fueling is a concern. If it were, I would expect the head ported setup on Jonnys car to cause problems first.

The HPFP we created is extremely large and the injectors are the largest Continental DI injectors in the VAG line up, as far as I remember. They are not like the older RS4 hitachi units (Similar to bosch HDEV 1). These are new multi 6 port injectors, similar to bosch HDEV 5. Basically, the old stuff sprayed from one hole. These have 6 holes. They also run at higher rail pressure than the RS4 so we can inject more fuel in a shorter period of time.

HPFP internals. : )

http://www.goapr.com/includes/img/products/hpfp_25tfsi_internals.jpg

Last time I was at E-Town the guy over at Tech was telling me something about new cars being exempt from this rule… There was a GTR with a tune and E85 there running 10.6 and he said the same thing since the car is so fast from the factory… I wonder if that rule also applies to the TTRS…

I just spoke to JR, it wasn’t hitting limp mode. He was hitting the RPM limiter and riding it out for the last 200 feet to prevent another shift.

Time to change wheels/tires, gears, or up the limiter… Good stuff!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/26/rehy3asy.jpg

From 1000 to 1320 they’d likely be only going from 120 mph up, top of fourth. You’d need more fuel in fourth than lower gears since there’s more time to spool, more IM pressure, and more detonation to quench. If there was a limit, makes sense it was reached here.

Here’s a set of manly injectors for your B5…
http://www.rceng.com/Peak-Hold-Injector-PL4-1200-Bosch-style-top-P12C5.aspx

Wonder what the stock ones are. The fsi injectors are stout as fuck.

Time for a cage!

Awesome results for the second time out… Glad they keep going back and reporting results… Looking forward to seeing what the car done when they get whatever issues they are having resolved…

That may be in order. I think they’ll try wheels/tires first. The limiter’s currently set to 7,300.

11.49 was time for a roll bar. 10.99 is time for a cage. Surprised Etown let them run in violation of NHRA rules. The big busy east coast tracks can be pretty sticky at times.

that’s not really true, but it sounds like that’s how they’re handling it. Makes total sense. Then you get the dorks who are by the letter of the law and kick you out. Our track had a GTR with tune and turbos trap 135 and get shut down immediately. Then there was a Mercedes SLR McLaren who went high 10s on one pass and they kicked him out.

The reality is that the safety rules are very important and trapping 130 mph means catastrophe if you crash. However eliminating all the fast supercars (who are NEVER going to roll cage their car) is bad for business. Tough call.

Considering how safe a $100,000 Audi is vs. a stripped fox body , they need some lee way

I told him to shift 5th, I can nail that shift especially with that trans…

I wanna run that car down the track so bad, I’m confident I can run a 10.6@130+ in it…

I don’t think fueling is a concern. If it were, I would expect the head ported setup on Jonnys car to cause problems first.

The HPFP we created is extremely large and the injectors are the largest Continental DI injectors in the VAG line up, as far as I remember. They are not like the older RS4 hitachi units (Similar to bosch HDEV 1). These are new multi 6 port injectors, similar to bosch HDEV 5. Basically, the old stuff sprayed from one hole. These have 6 holes. They also run at higher rail pressure than the RS4 so we can inject more fuel in a shorter period of time.

HPFP internals. : )

http://www.goapr.com/includes/img/products/hpfp_25tfsi_internals.jpg

Last time I was at E-Town the guy over at Tech was telling me something about new cars being exempt from this rule… There was a GTR with a tune and E85 there running 10.6 and he said the same thing since the car is so fast from the factory… I wonder if that rule also applies to the TTRS…

I agree, and times are changing and the strips got keep up with this…

12 years ago an S8 from the factory ran a ~14 sec 1/4 now it runs high 11’s… Obviously the rules have to change cars are getting so much faster…

I just spoke to JR, it wasn’t hitting limp mode. He was hitting the RPM limiter and riding it out for the last 200 feet to prevent another shift.

Time to change wheels/tires, gears, or up the limiter… Good stuff!

hahahaha you have GOT to be kidding me!
that car is a fucking monster.