Audi s6 v10 Electrical diagnosis

I had the same issue. Changed sensor and no issues anymore :grin:

Damn it and thank you

It sounds like you had a major electronic event that fried several sensors.

Looks like it well I just removed the auxiliary coolant pump and I ran power directly to it and it came on maybe it’s weak and why the transmission is overheating. Anyway I bought a new one and it’s going in there. I killed myself removing that today in this 90 degree weather. I will test the new pump and compare the noises.

Curious to see if this remedies your issue.

I hope it does this is really a killer now

Also my manifold comes tomorrow so looks like I’ll be messing with as well. I’m going to put new pump and mount on tonight and test pump before hand and hopefully there’s a noticeable difference saying it was the pump. As I said before when I watched the transmission heat up the temperature is jumping from 40 to 41 to 40 to 41 a couple times until it hits 41 and does same thing to 42. It makes me think it’s weak and I hope it’s that

Okay so I compared the pumps. My pump sounded extremely weak while the new one was louder. I didn’t really get to see if it was overheating because the manifold is so bad so I’m not trying to start the car at all. But another relay burned out and it’s the same one as before

It’s 7.2 that keeps burning out

Do you have an actual picture of this in the car. I was looking at a buddies car trying to poke around and see we can could track down one of his issues while seeing if I can make sense of your issue. But it would be helpful just to make sure if you had a physical picture from the car perspective.

New manifold

I was told those manis were 3500 now! How much you get yours for? Btw my new one had a failed pos sensor right ot of the box. I had to reinsert push on the driver side flap sensor and have not had an issue since less the leakage I described. This was after only about only 2 thousand miles

2400 from JHM

Hello everyone I’m yet again removing the entire engine just to change the o2 sensors I got very fed up with two codes so I’m pulling it just to change it. I started pulling it since last night and I almost have it out and I’ll do a quick swap of the sensors and stick it right back into there. Hopefully that’s the end of the electrical. I have no more codes anywhere else other then the two sensors.

Well atleast you have it narrowed down to only two faults now after what you have been thru. That’s good news. Wish there was a way to slightly tilt the engine back and let the trans drop ever so little to access the O2 sensors. I am assuming you have to replace the ones located more towards the engine?

Good move. Depending on the sensors that can be a big deal. not too bad after all you have been through and all of the issues. You had pop up. This should be really nice to be at the end of the electronic issues road.

i just dropped the damn thing completely down yesterday to the floor and i removed the 02 sensors which was complete hell but i did it. the 02 sensors i changed were at the end of the rear cats at the top and on the same day i put engine back in and aligned it all up and put subframe on and all that. Today i just hooked up all the electrical and some things and started the car to test. i did get only one code but nothing with the 02 sensors. The code was P0113 (Intake air temperature sensor 1 circuit high bank 1). I never got a chance to hook up driveshaft and the exhaust due to it raining but i may go out tonight and hook it all up. For these 2 days I barely had any sleep due to my determination to finish all this crap. i should defiantly have it done tomorrow or possibly tonight.

1 Like

Alright people I finished this hell. The car no longer shakes I have no more o2 sensors codes. and the only code I have is that below and I did have secondary air injection removed from the jhm tune and I physically removed it I’m not sure. Why this is showing maybe I left something unhooked or I have to re tune it?

Fuck well this isn’t working now it was working fine yesterday the engine wasn’t even shaking now the car is running rough