B8.5 to C7.5 Mod & Track Progress

Subscribed very interested in the progress , out of curiosity how does it compare to the b8.5 of old? Completely different world I’d guess? Anything you miss?

most importantly how does it compare to the b8.5 of old?

It’s indeed a world apart from the B8. I loved my S4 and the fun factor and drivability were probably better with it than the RS. That said, the RS is a whole different experience, it’s more of an event, the power and acceleration are just next level compared to the B8, no matter what level of mods the 3.0T has.

Amazing car, love it!

What do you think about some window tint and RED calipers?

This is fantastic. Thanks for doing this. Such a great car such a great story I love seeing that it has its own thread. And WOW the car looks fantastic what a looker… wow seriously.

I would love to hear more about the suspension module. That is a great option. I didn’t know the suspension was adjustable like that. was this an air suspension…

Tint is likely, calipers my break from my “axe murderer” look, as Saki called it :smiley:

RS Prestige comes standard with air suspension, DRC (Dynamic Ride Control) is option on the Prestige but is standard on the Performance version that came out with the facelift in 16 (C7.5). The module installs bypassing the factory air and uses a re-pinned can-bus to allow the user (me) to vary the air suspension settings however they’d like. The Auto, Comfort and Dynamic settings can all be pre-set with whatever level of raise or drop up to about 50MM. Once you’ve set the mode you only need to switch to it on the drive select and the suspension will adjust to whatever settings you pre-selected. Those settings aren’t permanent either, they can be changed and re-set at any time. It also has a setting called “Show Mode”, this is what you see in my picture above, that is a lower than drivable drop, about 2 inches, that I only use at shows or when parking the car, ECU sends suspension too low faults if you try and drive that low. Its an awesome little device and I’ve been experimenting with different suspension heights at the track as well to see what gives me the best 60’.

Awesome man! Great post and I look forward to watching your progress… Stage II should be off the hook… Has anyone run 9.9x yet?

+karma

No 9’s yet, guy in NY ran 10.25 a couple weeks ago and some of my buddies have run 10.30 all at 134-135 mph. The car has the Mph to run 9’s but getting the big beast off the line is a real hang-up it seems. The best 60’s I’ve seen are 1.52-1.53 and I think it will take mid 1.4X’s to go 9’s. I’m using your upswing method and it works very well in the ZF application just like the DSG, although the LC is not really LC, it’s more an increased RPM on the TC lockup with the max launch rpm is around 2800- which is prob a good thing because any more and it’ll likely just annihilate all 4 tires.

Very nice.

There is a somewhat local guy (Serpent on AZ) that ran a 10.4x on race gas and stage 2 at a private track rental. I personally think that these 4.0TTs get heat soaked pretty bad but I haven’t had the chance to play with one. Pretty much all the 4.0TTs locally are still under warranty so the owners don’t want to really tinker with them.

I know Sean (Serpent) very well, he ran at Cecil yesterday and went 10.34 @ 133.55 on 104. He’d prob let you tinker- he’s all about going faster. The S version 4.0TT I’d say may have heat soak issues but the cooling on the RS is much improved vs the S cars, far be it from me to assume I know more than you as a tech but I think the lower static compression and cooling improvements (including external oil cooler) seem to help quite a bit. The 2.61 0-60 i turned was after driving in town for 30 minutes and with an oil temp of 212 deg. I want to go to track on a hot day just to see how much different the car runs at 3000+ DA, my theory, based on the few runs I’ve made so far, is that the DA will have a much lower impact on this car vs TVSR cars.

Sean and I don’t get along very well so I would never help him. That is cool that he ran a 10.34 though.

One day I will get to tinker with a 4.0TT but until then it is fine watching from a far.

Made a record Stage 1 pass yesterday, same mods but using a few tricks to improve launch
Mason Dixon Dragway
GT260+
APR 104 File
DA +1698
Left Lane

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/26234224.jpg

Very nice!

unless its a trade secret. I would love to hear what you did to help knock a few tenths off your 60 foot.

uploaded GoPro Dash Cam view.

http://audirevolution.net/uploads/player_thumbs/rASLnKwnmq4c2zRZWPZE.jpg
Watch “Cobrario 10.422 RS7 Dashcam” on AudiRevolution.net

Nice time. I’m Interested in the improved launch method as well.

I can’t divulge the launch changes just yet but as soon as I can I’ll post, I’ll keep posting any updates in time slips though. That pass did get APR’s attention and they used it on their IG and FB which was cool. They may be releasing something soon to assist the RS7 crowd further, fingers crossed but not sure about the time frame since the market is pretty small. Carl

that’s outrageously fast.

your car hits 60 miles an hr in 2.5 seconds

Great thanks. As a fellow auto guy I would love to hear what your doing. I also have a buddy with the 8 speed A8 4.0T and he wants me to take his car to the track for him in the next few months. I would like to have this under my belt so I can help get him some good times.

It would be great to hear about what APR has in the pipe line for the RS7

Lastly thanks for keeping us updated. Iknow myself and others dont care for the drama of other forums so its nice to read and enjoy threads like this here and have you continue to update us

I’ve added another little “tweak” to the car and will be heading out the to the track tomorrow to see what it does. I apologized for being tight lipped on some of the things I’m working on but I have a collaboration with 3 other RS owners and we’re working hard on pushing the platform as far as we can. In due time I’ll reveal some of these things, most will seem silly and trivial but to date they’ve not really been done and we are having pretty decent results. I’m hoping after a good showing last time out this additional mod will push me in the 10.3X range and my Stage 2 buddies are hoping to get in the 10.1X’s-I’ll report back, good or bad, what the results are asap