B8 S4 runs 11.67 and it's not me... Boom...

I think that we should stick to our rules. If his car is indeed this fast and he really cares about forum 1/4 mile databases, he will go run at a sanctioned track, I know that I would. Adding in every other type of 1/4 mile run (regardless of where it was conducted) will not only add a bunch of “Junk” to the database to sift through, but it will open it up to people once again trying to cheat the system to look fast. The AR database will turn into the “UnOfficial 60-130mph Challenge” thread where guys video tape their speedometers and try to document times by a stop watch…haha

Well put euroswagr. On the ATCO thread, there’s guys doing 3h trips to get to a certified strip.

Wasn’t sure if you were referring to my pbox unofficial 60-130 thread here but that’s as legit as you can get.
Same strip every time. Same pbox used. I am there for every run. Don’t accept data from other places/people. Only what I log. Saki can vouch for validity of that info.

If you weren’t … never mind.

I agree with rules put in place. Certified dragstrips only.

^^^ 8 hr trip…but I managed to combine a work trip to the Roche facility in there…:slight_smile:

Anyhow, not my rules, but I’d think the 11.67 should be added, I’m sure it will get added to AZ, but who knows.

Look at the mph on the slips posted. It’s quite crazy that he trapped 118 to 119 consistently…that’s 6 mph faster than he did before. I mean, weather, sure, but that’s a 50 hp difference. I tried to look up the wind speed there, no luck.

First of all… that track seems shady as all hell. LOL just reading some posts on it. Not best place to bring your family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faoFVmL-S4E&feature=youtu.be

The empty ambulance/extremely shady owner might be part of reason for the lack of NHRA certification we seek. ;D

Wish he had a pbox slapped onto his car… would love to see the type of decline there, b/c there definitely is one, especially towards the end/post 1/8th mile mark.

The two cars (Prime’s and his) were essentially dead even from the start up to the 1/8th mile mark ET/trap-wise (prime was actually ahead up to 330 ft), yet at the 1/4 mile mark he ends up trapping 1.6mph more than Prime?

That’s a huge difference, especially given that both cars are DSG and are at top of fourth or shifting into fifth at end. And then I scratch my head at seeing a 113 mph trap as his previous best :-\

Those traps sound ridiculously high for those mods.

119 mph? WTF?

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/9549/photo4ff.jpg

Here is weather info for 2:55pm that day anyways… (Corrected)

No Limit Raceway
(formerly U.S. 41 Dragway)

Track Elevation: 680 feet above sea level

Air Temperature: 50.4 degrees F

Barometric Pressure: 30.22 inches Hg

Relative Humidty: 51%

Density Altitude: 12 feet
Relative Density: 99.97 %

Didn’t seem to be a windy day per weather archives.

Was referring to AZ list and specifically to the type of track not being specified.

If you really want to vet the top time it should require two slips both besting the top time on different days and/or require verification via pbox.

Back to the most recent top time I do find it a bit suspect that he switched tracks to post this best time…

I don’t understand…on one hand your think it should be added, but on the other you question the legitimacy because of his abnormally crazy pick up in time and mph.

With that point, maybe we should question why this track isn’t sanctioned…and how much of a decline it may have.

Someone else already said…why would he chose this track when he has ran at sanctioned tracks?

…and 2 slips besting a top time IMHO is a lot to ask, sometimes the stars only align once. If it is a guys first time out and he shatters a record he better have other slip with runs very close to his best slip, otherwise people will question it.

Also, to add to my rant…I looked over on AZ and he says “I don’t car if anyone believes that I ran it, I know I did”
Kinda BS if you ask me, if you are the fastest of any platform out there it’s a pretty great accomplishment. Did he only run once? Why has no one asked to see his other slips? I’m not calling this guy a fake, just curious.

Saki, Understood…

J/tsivas, yeah I noticed that with the trap also right away… He is nearly identical mph wise in the 1/8th but picks up a ton(over 1.5mph) on the backend… probably a slight drop at the end of the strip potentially causing the higher traps… I do wonder if he shifts into 5th… Also, wonder exactly what fuel he is running… I’ll ask on AW as he setup an account and posted there… I’ll have him post the other details, ie tire pressure, amount of gas, things removed, etc.

Also, he ran on the 27th and the DA was 12, you posted numbers from the 26th…

Euro, He posted other slips on AZ… Also, I agree he cares as he emailed me minutes after the pass and posted the title of his thread as “There’s a new sheriff in town, and his name is 11.67” Never knew I was thought of as a sheriff! lol In the end I am happy for him and glad that others are testing this car on the strip… I don’t think he is trying to scam, did he go to a favorable track, probably…

Sorry Prime- corrected it. +12 it was.

http://www.7machine.com/car/75500.html
http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9947&sid=abd420e3e6e4a1da7db6c1d56f374332

Looks like it was IHRA once upon a time. Wonder what happened.

He was referring to the unofficial 60-130 thread on AZ where guys post video of their speedo or vag logs, even if they are running down the side of a mountain.

Thanks Saki, exactly what I was talking about…I was going to PM him in order to not clog up the thread, but you beat me too it.

It took a look at his other slips, either I missed those or they weren’t up earlier. He ran within 5 minutes of getting there…after a 1.5 hour drive…then he ran 5 times in 20 minutes, talk about hot lapping…

Primetime, do you cool down at all at the strip? I’m just kinda amazed…being a 4.2 guy, that these cars car run like that back to back.

If I can hot lap I usually run 3-5 consecutive runs before I think about a 35-45 min cool down. When I dynoed my car it continued to pickup hp for 11 straight pulls.

Interesting, like I said I was curios…I feel like if I sit in the stanging lanes for more than 30 secs I should just abandon the run…haha

Oh ok. Didn’t know about that one lol

Ya man, it’s about as UNLegit as you can get…haha…sorry if you thought I was taking a shot at you

hahaha same here

All good swag

I don’t want to openly question the legitamacy, I was hoping everyone else would, and investigate, lol.

I personally think he got lucky with the conditions.

Ryan’s runs are VERY VERY consistent with the exception of the 60’ times, which he attributed to the 1-2 shift issue (which, once again, was likely due to individual wheels spinning, he did say he had wheelspin).

The ending 1/8 times and speeds are all between 4.16 and 4.21 sec, and delta speeds between 24.6 and 26.14 mph. The first 1/8 is all over the map, you can see the slips, because of the 60’. Lets say compared to my 12.08, I had a big end difference of 4.32 sec and gained 24.85 mph.

Prime’s times are the weird ones. He only gains 23-ish mph in the big end, on the best runs…my guess why:

On my car, a 115 mph run shifts 4-5 smack in the middle of the traps. I see Prime’s 4-5 shift is happening just before the traps, so the clutch engagement dictates the trap speed. Ryan’s 4-5 may be happening sooner (worn tires?) or possibly he chooses it sooner, and gives him a few mph gain before the traps. Ron asked him in the AW post about the 4-5 shift, so I’d guess he feels the same.

Another thought. How many of these cars are lowered? Mine isn’t. Prime’s, Ryan’s, and Bear’s are. There’s a decent drag reduction there, I’d guess worth 1 mph at the traps.

^^I’m not lowered… But I do run on 18"…