B8 S4 runs 11.67 and it's not me... Boom...

Saki, Understood…

J/tsivas, yeah I noticed that with the trap also right away… He is nearly identical mph wise in the 1/8th but picks up a ton(over 1.5mph) on the backend… probably a slight drop at the end of the strip potentially causing the higher traps… I do wonder if he shifts into 5th… Also, wonder exactly what fuel he is running… I’ll ask on AW as he setup an account and posted there… I’ll have him post the other details, ie tire pressure, amount of gas, things removed, etc.

Also, he ran on the 27th and the DA was 12, you posted numbers from the 26th…

Euro, He posted other slips on AZ… Also, I agree he cares as he emailed me minutes after the pass and posted the title of his thread as “There’s a new sheriff in town, and his name is 11.67” Never knew I was thought of as a sheriff! lol In the end I am happy for him and glad that others are testing this car on the strip… I don’t think he is trying to scam, did he go to a favorable track, probably…

Sorry Prime- corrected it. +12 it was.

http://www.7machine.com/car/75500.html
http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9947&sid=abd420e3e6e4a1da7db6c1d56f374332

Looks like it was IHRA once upon a time. Wonder what happened.

He was referring to the unofficial 60-130 thread on AZ where guys post video of their speedo or vag logs, even if they are running down the side of a mountain.

Thanks Saki, exactly what I was talking about…I was going to PM him in order to not clog up the thread, but you beat me too it.

It took a look at his other slips, either I missed those or they weren’t up earlier. He ran within 5 minutes of getting there…after a 1.5 hour drive…then he ran 5 times in 20 minutes, talk about hot lapping…

Primetime, do you cool down at all at the strip? I’m just kinda amazed…being a 4.2 guy, that these cars car run like that back to back.

If I can hot lap I usually run 3-5 consecutive runs before I think about a 35-45 min cool down. When I dynoed my car it continued to pickup hp for 11 straight pulls.

Interesting, like I said I was curios…I feel like if I sit in the stanging lanes for more than 30 secs I should just abandon the run…haha

Oh ok. Didn’t know about that one lol

Ya man, it’s about as UNLegit as you can get…haha…sorry if you thought I was taking a shot at you

hahaha same here

All good swag

I don’t want to openly question the legitamacy, I was hoping everyone else would, and investigate, lol.

I personally think he got lucky with the conditions.

Ryan’s runs are VERY VERY consistent with the exception of the 60’ times, which he attributed to the 1-2 shift issue (which, once again, was likely due to individual wheels spinning, he did say he had wheelspin).

The ending 1/8 times and speeds are all between 4.16 and 4.21 sec, and delta speeds between 24.6 and 26.14 mph. The first 1/8 is all over the map, you can see the slips, because of the 60’. Lets say compared to my 12.08, I had a big end difference of 4.32 sec and gained 24.85 mph.

Prime’s times are the weird ones. He only gains 23-ish mph in the big end, on the best runs…my guess why:

On my car, a 115 mph run shifts 4-5 smack in the middle of the traps. I see Prime’s 4-5 shift is happening just before the traps, so the clutch engagement dictates the trap speed. Ryan’s 4-5 may be happening sooner (worn tires?) or possibly he chooses it sooner, and gives him a few mph gain before the traps. Ron asked him in the AW post about the 4-5 shift, so I’d guess he feels the same.

Another thought. How many of these cars are lowered? Mine isn’t. Prime’s, Ryan’s, and Bear’s are. There’s a decent drag reduction there, I’d guess worth 1 mph at the traps.

^^I’m not lowered… But I do run on 18"…

Aren’t 18" stock?

18 & 19 were stock

If he has 245.40.18 that’s only going to make him 0.15" lower than the 255.35.19

Lol maybe it was those little lightweight reps that fooled me.

I’m 0/2 since i thought the new Sheriff had test pipes too. Maybe I’m not wrong…? Because he’d be the only car with stock cats that can compete with cars that I consider powerful. Allow me to ramble.

Consider the cars I think are fast. They belong to Primetime, Richi, Bear, Fonzie, Imola, and Eurocode Dave. It’s not necessarily the ones at the top of the E.T. list - and my car doesn’t even make this list - so why do I think they are fast?

Prime’s car has been talked about enough - obviously, it’s fast, day-in and day-out. HFCs.

Richi’s car trapped 115 mph on a relatively crappy pass on 93 octane. Everyone knows he’s running catless longtube headers. If you look at the big 1/8th end of his slip, it’s almost 27 mph. That’s insane. And it’s on 93.

I have ran Bear’s car on 93, and it feels like mine on 100. It’s done 11s on 100 octane, and traps 115+ on 93. HFCs.

Fonzie’s car hasn’t been talked about much, but Fonzie trapped 115.71 on 93 gas. On a run where it short-shifted 3-4 at just over 6000 rpm. To put it into perspective, on the big 1/8th, he ran:
4.27 sec / 25.6 mph gain (93 tune, 12.273@115.7)
vs my
4.32 sec / 24.9 mph gain (on 100 tune, 12.08@115.1).
That’s crazy powerful. Oh, test pipes.

Imola’s car, I guess it’s fast when stripped 150 lbs off - and guess what, catless headers.

1. If the Eurocode car really trapped 120 mph, and gained 27 mph on the big 1/8th, crazy. Of course, catless headers.

So if anyone tells me they gain .6 seconds and 6 mph with just weather and lightweight rotors, I’d say there’s something else he hasn’t told us about.

Hey even kevkev knew you had to have catless headers to run an 11.5 or 11.8. His might have been made-up, imaginary custom headers, but you can be sure in his mind they didn’t have cats.

J, interesting data comparisons… appreciate the insight… Richi’s car and Eurocode are tough to compare given they are 6-speed but I still agree… Vogz and Ynnekdude have asked him to meet up and maybe hit the strip so they could probably see if he has test pipes or headers that he isn’t disclosing but I don’t see why he would not disclose but who knows… He mentions he is probably done for the year so we may not find out until next year… Also, I trapped over 118 twice prior to the HFC’s when all I had was 100 tune, catback and strat intake, with a very very good DA… Could the HFC’s be a bottleneck and choke the car slightly in the upper RPM’s? I traded some emails with Joel from APR awhile back and he never flat out said that but he alluded to it… I am confident they help down low…

If this storm doesn’t destroy us the forecast for Sat. is mid 40’s so will see what I can do…

Oh and my car is not lowered either… lol

It was alluded to that he also had a nice tailwind (not sure if that is true or not). This is why the top time should be validated by two separate runs on separate days so that you can virtually eliminate the “perfect storm” situation (no pun intended… lol).

I personally think that my tailwind (65mph… eh Sak… lol) was good for 1.5-2 tenths so adding that back to his time he wouldn’t be all that close to PT’s record time (that assumes PT had zero wind aid of course).

He wouldn’t hide his modlist. There’s no reason to expect that. What’s the point…to prove for Audi how great their stock cats are? Definitely not.

I think there is a simple reason for the times, and you guys seem to be trying to find any reason possible for that not to be it. I guess you will soon.

OH…and this made me lol

1. If the Eurocode car really trapped 120 mph.