B8 S4 runs 11.67 and it's not me... Boom...

bear, I had a slight cross breeze the day I went 11.69, maybe 3-5mph but it wasn’t at my back…

Saki, Yep, I see no reason why he would not disclose but we have seen stranger things from people… lol I assume your “simple reason” comment was a reference to the track being the cause?

Oh, and I still don’t believe that eurocode trap… something happened on that run as the others weren’t that close and even some wheel spin off the line isn’t going to make the trap jump like that IMO… Also, I don’t remember for sure but were they even at a real dragstrip fot that event?

0/3 now. I’m sure the test pipe idea will put me 0/4

3pm, wind was gusting high directly from the North, and the track runs exactly North —> South.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/histGraphAll?day=27&year=2012&month=10&ID=KRZL&type=3&width=614

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KRZL/2012/10/27/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Lake+Village&req_state=IN&req_statename=Indiana

So I’d say that’s our winner.

J

no limits raceway = no rules raceway? I can’t see them physically altering the timing equipment. Share your thoughts Saki, or is it too much for us to handle…

yes PT, I think the track is providing part of the delta.

He went from track A to track B, and picked up a huge delta. All that changed was density altitude, and LW rotors. As we know the B8 does pretty well at managing bad conditions (better than the NA 4.2 anyway). The delta from DA alone is going to be significant, but not game changing as this was.

Same goes for his LW rotors…shaving 25 lbs of rotating mass is nice, but not this nice.

Bottom line though is that it’s another B8 S4 running REALLY FUCKING FAST! Worst case scenario is he goes on this modlist to an NHRA track, and runs probably something like 11.9@ 115 or 12.0@115. That’s epic for a car that looks bone stock and would pass emissions easily.

Jspazz, keep searching. 81bear ran 12.05 in a HUGE tailwind last year…and this year with what…cooling (doing nothing really on a cold as heck October day) he ran 12.11 with no tailwind. I have it on video…it was a cross wind (which would actually hurt his time).

I like that you think all of these tracks are perfect. That’s very noble of you. Keep it up.

Fuck… I need to change my shirt… I got coffee all over it!

Sak - The 12.11 run was with the V2 APR tune + about a 500-600 better DA. In my eyes should make up the 1-1.5 tenths right there.

I agree, wind is probably not his only aid but I do think it accounted for about 2 tenths of it. If we back that out he’s hitting 11.87 which, in my opinion, is still to fast for his mod list…

Hey B8 guys, come to my house tomorrow. I’ve set up a dragstrip on my driveway. 1/4 mile. It’s not certified by any sanctioning body, but it’s legit. Trust me.

My RS4 ran 1.2 seconds this morning when I was backing out. Awesome. I think it’s a record. New RS4 sherriff is me!

Edit: forgot my timeslip

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/29/paje3ape.jpg

I guess the time was posted up on the AZ List lol

Yes, the new timeslip that meets NONE of the new conditions imposed after KEVKEV embarrassed APR and the most of the B8 community, was indeed added to the APR employee run AZ B8 S4 list.

There’s an overriding umbrella condition that nobody mentioned: APR TUNE > ALL CONDITIONS/CHECKS/BALANCES

p.s. I would love to see someone ask Arin…what happened to the kevkev policies, needing witnesses and video?

(Not to mention it’s not even a sanctioned/certified dragstrip)

Shame on Arin and AZ but I guess that’s what you get when a stakeholder gets to maintain the list. I’m not saying NHRA/IHRA tracks are immune to errors/cheating, but it’s a start.

the NHRA/IHRA thing is a good idea, but I don’t think that’s the affront with respect to this time being added on AZ frankly.

For me, it’s the fact that Arin got duped by kevkev…then put kevkev on the APR webpage, blog, facebook and of course, the top of the AZ 1/4 mile list.

After we exposed kevkev as a liar/scammer, Arin was adamant that this would never happen again, and implemented a system where guys had to prove themselves with forum members (not new ones) as witnesses and or videos, especially if it was a significant time.

Instead, that has been thrown out the window, and the time has been put at the top of the charts. An APR time again. TinS5 had more trouble getting his frigging 12.7 Stasis tuned time added to the list lol.

FOR THE RECORD - I have no problem with the time, nor am I saying it’s not legit (i frankly don’t care enough to investigate it…I already saved the B8 guys from 1 scammer…they can do their own homework this time). Rather, I’m disappointed that the integrity of the list on AZ remains flawed, with the failsafe mechanisms implemented after the KEVKEV debacle being ignored. It shines a spotlight on the fact that the AZ list is something to ignore, while the AR list, which is organized and maintained by users , not sponsors, is a better model.

I didn’t read all of this, but all I see are people bitching about me for posting his time slip.

What did I do wrong?

He sent the slips (Many of them). Everything seems legit. It’s posted with all of the given info. No one but people on here seem to say anything is wrong.

So, what’s wrong? How did he cheat? How is it not legit? Do I need to make a second list that’s considered ‘legit’ that shows a non cut video from the time he fills up his gas tank till the time the slip is printed? Is that we need to begin doing? Fill me in.

cliff’s

1. you got scammed by kevkev and posted his APR time real quick
  2. I outed kevkev, and you deleted his time
  3. you then said there would need to be proof of times via the witness or video method, and even added columns for it
  4. ryanurz posts an APR 11.67, no witness, no video, non-certified track…and immediately gets added to the list without delay

Just seems a bit hollow.

He has not been added to our list here because he ran at a non-certified track (something you should also consider…because you’ll end up with guys running at runway events in Europe filling the list with bullshit times calculated by second rate systems)

Arin…some advice: if you are going to make rules and post them in GIANT FUCKING FONT on the thread on AZ, don’t act like a sarcastic bitch when a bunch of people notice you skip the rules (for an APR car no less). :smiley:

We’re just holding you to the standard you yourself imposed.

This is a good point. Wasn’t there a GIAC or REVO tuned car running 11.xx with just a tune and 100 oct at an air-strip in Europe, or am I imaging that?

There are a ton of times from over there. You weren’t imagining it. It was MRC tuned though.

It’s not going on our list because it wasn’t a certified (IHRA/NHRA) dragstrip, but there was video and witnesses galore of that run over there. By that right, Arin should have it on his list…since there’s no standard on where the time was recorded. To that end, pbox times also qualify for the audizine list. As do best guess, handheld, eyeballed stopwatch times.

Since you know a lot about this stuff, would you mind filling in the new “Track Certification” category?

I’ve started off with the first one.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/400241-Official-1-4th-Quarter-Mile-Drag-Strip-Times

Actually, this isn’t true.

I added two categories in an effort to help those participating fairly to do so with added confirmation.

Here’s what I said:

A new video confirmation and witness category is now available. To help eliminate [fakes], please list your name and video link (if available) as well as any forum members.

I don’t believe I ever said it was required, nor should it be as that ruins the fun for those who are in this on their own.

That’s not what it looks like when you see a jpeg image of your post. You put ‘if available’ after video link because not everyone will have a video, but it was implied that one or the other would be required ‘to eliminate fakes’. How are you doing anything to eliminate fakes if you…do nothing?

Also, look at the post you QUOTED when you made these new requirements…

“I think we need strict regulations on these slips…as proof to keep this true”

Then you posted this. You didn’t say ‘hey guys ,maybe, if it’s possible, please maybe add a video or a witness’. No, in giant red letters, you said that you were adding those columns, in response to the outrage, and the request for ‘proof, to keep this true’. You also then went on to qualify the witnesses’ identify confirmation requirements…and threatened cyber-outing someone if they cheat.

Arin…NONE of that sounds optional.

Bottom line? You don’t have the time to properly adminster that list. If there is an hour you can spend on the forum, I think it’s best spent addressing APR product threads…I don’t fault you for that. This is why I think you should turn over admin of the list to a site member. Just a guy. Not a guy selling stuff. It also looks terrible when unverified times like this and kevkev get pushed right to the top of the list, being APR cars…while other guys need to bug you for days or weeks to get added, being Stasis/GIAC/REVO tuned. Again I’m not saying that’s happening on purpose, but you shouldn’t be running that list just so that conversation never comes up.

http://i45.tinypic.com/i5rvd2.jpg

Arin, Thompson(where I run) is a IHRA certified track… I also had a witness for the 11.7x runs as Imolamonster was there and I can be a witness for his times…

http://www.thompsonracewaypark.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=54