Closer

They sound horrible…

Right. These M3/M4 cars don’t need a tune to run 104 octane, and it is nice that they’ll adjust up from the factory to take advantage of better fuel. Most street punks are still rolling around on California 91, and 365 whp with admittedly a lot more torque than I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSEkUV7torQ

Really west, a video about a E46 M3, i.e. ~14yr old car, that has always been known to have weak rear halfshafts. The only thing more douchebaggery/out of context than posting the link is the guy in the video. It’s funny how much you hate on non-audi’s lol.

That video is the classic. M3 owners love using it to say ‘these cars aren’t made for the dragstrip’ to get themselves out of losing races before they’re even run.

Rs4 owners on quattrofail have posted that before too to show that the dragstrip is worse on your car than the road course.

Those people are of course retarded.

I can’t imagine something harder on a car than a road course. Maybe towing.

Or maybe the tow truck driver lol!

You’re right. The half shafts are bulletproof now. No need for a rear subframe even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miA5qj5ergM

That last one is very hard to watch. As for the drag strip. How can you say it’s the ultimate driving machine if ultimately you can’t drive it hard.

Quattro fail is BMW owners who bought Audis and yes they are retarded.

Having had a 325i/328i/330i/335i doesn’t qualify anyone to drive an M3. The former drivers all want a limited slip differential, front engined, RWD car and have no idea how much responsibility that is. The anemic torque of the E90, E46 and E36 made those cars pretty easy to drive and learn on. You just leave the car in 4th gear and go learn the track.

The F80 M3/M4 is 0-100 real quick, literally. I’d put this car in the class of recent Ferraris (360 Modena, F430), Dodge Vipers of past and present, etc., for the reason of hugely slippery rear end and massive accessible power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34LYlgLJG-Q

Looks like Sky is getting some custom files from Revo… Good for him and them… I guess it answers our question as to if they tune over here in the US… Funny how he made the drive to WV but wouldn’t go to APR or the GIAC dealer… Again, either way cool to see and I hope they get the car running right…

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/632375-Visit-To-Revo?p=10402903&viewfull=1#post10402903

At the very least they will properly setup his methanol system. Kind of hard to believe that you could install something like a methanol system on a 60k brand new car and not spend the time to make sure it is properly setup.

One thing no one can give him shit for is the tenacity to solve these problems (not necessarily the brains lol)…fixing his car seems to be a full time job.

I’m sure he’ll be in the 11’s after this. Maybe one of the revo guys could drive his car to remove that variable…

Or cut a hole in the hood for that “Ram Air” effect…

Agreed though he is determined to get it running right just not sure I would take the same approach but to each their own… Also, like your idea on getting a driver… lol

Ed, Fair points on APR and GIAC… Just glad they are working with you and hopefully the data they gathered and shared with their calibrator allowed him to make the right changes… IMO it would be better if they were physically there but still cool to see what they are doing… Ask if you can get all the logs, I assume they use vag com or do they have some other software for logging like APR? Thanks for sharing!

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/632375-Visit-To-Revo?p=10402958&viewfull=1#post10402958

AFAIK he is there.

Ahh fuck, you are referring to the tuners.

My bad.

Ugh if you’re going to drive to West Virginia at least go to a driver event at Summit Point Raceway. They have 3 pretty great tracks. That’s where I learned how to drive.

West, not a bad idea but I was sideways on ice on my to REVO. Weather, obviously not conducive to that idea

Gents, my visit to REVO was a success but most importantly they discovered the 2014 ECUs are unique. Regardless, the thread on Audizine, if you go there, has some interesting information. Thanks.

Sky, Again happy you are happy… Will see how the car runs, looking forward to the results… Any logs you can share from these dyno pulls?

As for Revo discovering the 14’s are different… See the link below and note when I first raised that questions and I don’t even tune them nor own one… lol

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=2613.0

Oh and as for the Vendorzine thread it’s really a LOL thread!

I still think it’s interesting how Revo cars log differently. Apparently my quote was sent to the engineer who replied below:

[quote=""]
I gave the car a once over, and finding no issues with any of the hardware, strapped it to the dyno and we’re off to the races. It made 343whp, on the 100 map with the methanol (100% blend) on, which is about right on par with what other 1+ cars have made here, on plain 93. I was noticing some boost oscillation and control issues down low, as well as a very rich mixture when the methanol was on. This was the first car I’ve had here on our new dyno with all the goodies including CPS and headers, and it did teach me some things. Tuesday morning I had some more information I needed to make some more changes, and I stepped through 4 or 5 revisions until I got it performing happily.

The APR CPS was very very impressive-- intake temps were very consistent and barely over ambient… this caused the car to meet my torque requests with less boost than would normally be required, which caused the bypass valve to open more than it normally would. The SIMOS ECU is very smart, and it will blend various strategies to arrive at a consistent and smooth power output.

Sky I think it’s also strange how you frequently say “Call Jeff at REVO, he has the answers.” Why don’t you take ownership of any of this knowledge/testing data or even what exactly they did? Are you not even there to watch them as they work on your car? This is one of the problems that led you to where we are now, an example being how you installed the meth system but never figured out whether it was working properly or not, just assumed the shop did everything and it was “set it and forget it.” You are trusting a lot of people with your car, and while they may have your best interest in mind, you should at least be there and understand what they did and why they did it. My .02