Clutch recommendations

That quote is a bit high… It should I would double check.

As for the tune if your doing the flash at home option I would get the cable at the same time. But I would wait for the clutch to be broken in before you try to flash the tune. It can be a bit different driving experience with the LWFW as it is let alone with the JHM tune that transforms the car.

The removal of the throttle lag alone makes it very difference.

I’m sure that labor quote is a bit high. I’m still a little shocked by that, but I don’t have too many options on that. I wouldn’t mind flashing at home, I just have some fear about bricking the ecu. Do you know if the downpipes have to be removed to replace the clutch?

Flashing at home is really simple.

1 have a good internet connection
2 have a good trickle charger on the batt
3 flash during the biz hours that JHM is open. You can flash on the weekend or even at 2am but if your worried JHM is good on support for stuff like that when they are open

again flashing is super simple. Its well thought out and not something you should worry about IMHO

To take out the transmission removal of the catback and dps will make it much easier. You will need to remove the dps from where they mount to the transmission as well. I know some people with after market dps that just pull one dp and depending on the dp you might not have to remove the dps at all. In general to make the removal easy you should remove the dps.

I have a ship to shore charger and a new battery so I should be good in that dept. I was asking about the dp’s because if they did need to be removed, I could have my piggies installed at the same time or new dp’s. I haven’t decided which yet. Possibly not have to worry about that labor. I have a feeling with the things I need and want done I will have to do them in stages.

IF you have stock dps on the car then yes they will need to get removed. The cats will be in the way and you won’t really be able to get the transmission out without removing them. So its a great time to get piggies done.

[/quote]
The 1R is a great way to go you won’t be upset. your are right the extra little money will be long well spent. You don’t need the metal slave just make sure your getting a new pilot bearing with the flywheel the rear main is a good time to replace that other than looking at the transmission fluid at that point your on a good path.
[/quote]
Good thing you brought up the pilot bearing. The kit does not come with one.

I’m here with you. That’s always something good to check on.

AFter my car was supercharged the stock clutch didnt hold up very long. I went with the JHM 5R with lightweight flywheel …now I have put over 15k miiles on it and its still great.

I don’t think there is any chatter, grabs great but not to grabby imo, and smooth as butter!

I launched the car hard from 4500rpm dropping the clutch yesterday AWD burnout 8) …no issues except for the alfa romeo’s ego

;D ha ha. I would love to go supercharged, I don’t think I could justify 10k. Though in my 20’s I had a dart race block civic with turbo. All in all I was 10k in and 2yrs of my time. I only enjoyed the finished product for 10 days and got rear ended 10mins from home. I don’t think I could go through all that work again, just to have it taken away by someone in a blink of an eye.

You say that now but wait till you get JHM tuned and clutched up. You might get the bug for just a little bit more.

Oh I’m sure I will, that’s what I’m afraid of.

I’m interested in hearing your thoughts after the transformation. I think like most you will be happy for a long time after you do the JHM tune and clutch and piggy upgrade. I still love my car after all these years.

I’ll give updates once I get things done.

Please do. If you have any questions or run into any hang ups. Let us know.

Does Jhm typically have sales during memorial day weekend? My vacation has more than likely gotten pushed back, so I would more than likely not get the kit until the end of may. I was curious to know. I’m also still debating 3r kit since its only a $150 difference.

I don’t think they have a season specific sales pattern. I know they have the big X mas sale each year but I don’t think they have a summer sale that I can remember.

debating between the 3r and the 1r?..

[quote]Does Jhm typically have sales during memorial day weekend? My vacation has more than likely gotten pushed back, so I would more than likely not get the kit until the end of may. I was curious to know. I’m also still debating 3r kit since its only a $150 difference.
[/quote]
Honestly, if you don’t have a supercharger on it the 1r will do just fine. It’s a personal choice and if $$ is not a issue then fitting the 3r will cause you no regrets. Either one will do great!

I’m still debating getting the 1r kit or 3r, since its only a $150 difference between the two.

Honestly, if you don’t have a supercharger on it the 1r will do just fine. It’s a personal choice and if $$ is not a issue then fitting the 3r will cause you no regrets. Either one will do great!
[/quote]
Can I honestly rule out getting a supercharger a few yrs down the line? Nope. I can’t see myself getting one this or next yr though.

Can I honestly rule out getting a supercharger a few yrs down the line? Nope. I can’t see myself getting one this or next yr though.
[/quote]
You can’t go wrong with either one. If you plan on keeping the car long term. spend the few extra dollars and get the 3r. I have to be honest. I have doubled down on my car and after getting a chance to ride in a few JHM supercharged S4s. There is no other car like it and with all these cars nowadays only coming in automatic the manual car is going to have extra value and enjoyment.

Keep in mind. The more aggressive the compound the quicker it will ware. So in theory a 3r will ware faster than a 1r. I say in theory… how much quicker is debatable. but on the other hand a 3r will last longer than a 1r if you get a supercharger.

I don’t know if that makes sense.