DL501 S-Tronic aftermarket clutch pack options

He is legitimate. My friend in Austin owns the shop which makes his clutch baskets. I’ll work on getting something together here in the U.S. Kinda crazy we’re sending parts to Russia and then sending them back to the U.S.

Some good comments on DCT on bmw forums too

Oh wow I never knew that, that’s interesting.
You learn something new everyday and you my good man are like a book of knowledge !!

I just ordered Deca Stage 2. Should have it in 2 weeks. I’ll take some photos and update you for future :slight_smile:

That would be fab thanks. It will be good to know what the stage 2 deca is like to bed in and how it feels over all once it’s adapted.

Clutch has been made and shipped. Should have it next week. Couple pics they sent me, looks quite nice :fire:

Wow very nice! Did you have to send your old one in as an exchange?

Be sure to report back on how well it works out for you.

No i didn’t. Just ordered the stage 2 DL501 (which based on all I’ve read can also be called 0B5, DSG, NSD…so I’m 99% sure it’ll fit my facelift 2013 rs5 :sweat_smile::crossed_fingers:)

They send the whole clutch packaged in upgraded casing. This is the stage 2 with up to 850nm torque capacity which if i understand correctly, with this clutch, can be fine without updating the TCU software… (stock without TCU update can survive up to 550nm and with TCU soft with increased clutch pressures up to 800nm) with TCU software adjusted to increase clutch pressure this one should last in excess of 1000nm.

At least that’s how I understand it…

I’ll report back with more photos and how it performs…

How much was the cost?

Prices are on website. Stage 2 is 1550 usd + shipping.

Ah nice, not bad at all thanks! If jhm ever hurrys the hell up would be a nice upgrade

Very nice indeed I’m dribbling lol looks beautiful.

Do keep us posted on how it feels once fitted and what you have had to do to bed the clutches in.

Does anyone know the proper / suggested clutch installation procedure and breaking in? Clutch should arrive tomorrow, wanted to ensure i don’t miss anything. Thanks!

Will need to run adaptation when you first get it and then 500 miles later.

Arrived today. Car with new clutch delivered to mechanics for installation.

Really looks nice. Definitely let us know how things go. May rebuild my old transmission to have it ready as a Standby.

Very nice indeed making me wish I got one now :persevere:

Gorgeous! Keep us posted!