DL501 S-Tronic aftermarket clutch pack options

Ok…so the info I was given on the Deka clutch may be inaccurate. Someone jumped the gun in blaming the clutch when it was, apparently, another issue.

Thats good news then at least this is still another option !

Good to know. I’m thinking I might hold off till something develops with that Kevlar option, and potentially upgrade at the next fluid change. I got a whole slew of tasks to tackle with the swap (coding/fab/vbanding/blah blah blah) maybe baby steps is the way to go. But the damn trans will already be out…bahhh

If anyone sees a used, complete RS5 clutch for sale anywhere, let me know. Trying to source one for development purposes. Nothing on eBay currently.

1 Like

I think eBay has a clutch now.

Looks like it’s a very close fit to the RS5 if it’s the one I’m seeing. Here’s the P/N for ours 0B5141030G. The one being sold is the “E” version, which looks to support the 3.0sc and 2.0t engines.

Hey @Ape_Factory have you had any joy with regards to getting a clutch kit for our cars from the guy who makes these for Deka ? Any news on the Kevlar option who actually makes these anyone yet or are they on there way ?

This is a bit of info for the Deka clutches stage 1-3 !

You know, I haven’t checked in lately. I’ve been super swamped but I’ll be ramping things up shortly and I’ll get the clutch sorted.

So do you recommend Deka clutch? Because i would like to order it for my A7 2013

I guess my only question would be is how much hp you’re putting out? How modified are you? The OE clutches can handle a lot of hp.

My car has dual APR pulley and intercooler and thats around 490 hp and now im facing a gearbox overheated problem: please adapt driving style! (The fault codes are P173E00 (valve 1 in partial transmission 1) and P174000 ( clutch temperature monitoring) and P17D800 ( Torque limitation due to clutch temperature))

So thats way im thinking to use a Mechatronic repair kit and change the clutch what do you think?

At those hp levels, the OE clutch should technically be fine. What year is it?

Does sound like you have a mechatronic related issue, possibly the electronics board (PCB) which contains many of the sensors for things like the clutch temp. P173E00 is an electronic error too.

1. I was thinking since i will change the clutch i would like to change it to a better ones. So is the Mechatronic repair kit enough?

It may be enough. Do you have an independent repair shop that can verify the codes and do the installation or are you going to do it all yourself?

Just realize with the new clutch you’ll have to run through adaptation on them at least twice using the VCDS or ODIS. I’ve heard decent things about the Deka clutches and I have a close friend that makes his billet clutch baskets here in the states.

Yes i have a repair shop. So i think i will go with the 1200Nm clutch (deka) and a Mechatronic repair kit. Any advice what gearbox oil should i use?

I’m quite fond of Motul Gear 300. Has a very high viscosity index (VI) and I’ve been using it for some time.

On the clutch, seems overkill given your current power levels. If you plan on going that high, makes sense to overbuild now. You’ll have to run adaptation on the clutch friction point a few times from what I hear but once done, they’re fairly smooth.

One other thing I’ll mention, I am working on a new cross bar for the A7/S7/RS7. I have an OE crash bar in my possession now and will be whittling up a version which gives more room up front for larger heat exchangers AND a transmission cooler similar to the one I make for the RS5.

https://redmistracing.com/online-shop/ols/categories/rmr-products

Can the transmission heat exchange fit on A7 ?

I’m actually working on a new cross bar for the A7/S7/RS7. Apparently there’s not a lot of room due to the OE crash bar. Other than that, yes, it would work. It’s the same transmission as the RS5 but the new fluid lines leading to the cooler core would most likely be routed differently.