Does JHM Still Technically Hold the B5 S4 Record 1/4 Mile Time?

Just as the title states, do they?

The only cars ahead of them on the fast list are:

-OZ (Poland, full drag conversion, would like to hear other details)
-Guruman (Swapped A4, apparent weight reduction, would like to hear other details)
-Marc (Completely gutted, debatable nitrous usage)

With this in mind, is the 10.8 run on RS6’s and 11.1 on K04’s still the fastest legitimate B5 S4 times? I feel that they are, and frankly I would like to hear more information that others have about the modifications to the cars that have been faster.

I hadn’t really thought of this earlier, because I wasn’t too familiar with Guru’s setup. But it seems that he is tentatively not fully qualified to be in discussion for the fastest B5 S4 (Or discussion, but not contention).

An s4 is still an s4 know matter what engine is in it. For that matter, why not add USP’S VR6 S4 to the list? I personally wouldn’t include the vr6 s4’s to the list because I consider those cars to be on a different level, especially because a properly built vr6 engine should automatically put whatever car it is transplanted in, into a 10 sec, or better pass, excluding Nycvf6, who wasn’t ablebto pull it off in two whole years, Lol.

If your thread is just what the title states, guru man’$ a4 shouldn’t be on the list for any apparent reason, which leaves, JHM, Oz and Marc. Let me say this first. I am sure that all three of those cars are modified in some way or another. If a car has nitrous and one has lightened wheels, or a stage two flash, it is still a mod.

With that said, I will vouch for Marc’s car. I have 20/20 vision and I was told by Marc, if wanted, to search his car for nitrous, because even eye was curious. I am far from perfect and will say that Marc is one of the smarter/clever individuals that I have ever met.
While changing his clutch by myself, two weeks before I believe he mad his 10.5 or so pass, I did not witness any nitrous in his car. I also drove his car after the clutch job and will say that it picks up speed very fast.

1. jibberjive who ran 0.00 in the 1/4 and 000.00 with his trap
  2. Oz
  3. Marc
  4. JHM

YOUR INFO IN YOUR THREAD SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

Great question

Considering I administer the list here for the most part, I will give you my rationale

Simply put? No they don’t (check the list here)
http://audirevolution.net/quartermile/

JHM’s S4 ran 10.8, and that is the second fastest S4 quarter mile time at an NHRA/IHRA certified track that we have on the list. The fastest time is Marc’s 10.7.

While Marc’s car may have had 900 pounds stripped out of it, and may not have shared his entire modlist (who knows…but I made no mention of nitrous) he still ran the fastest time that qualified.

The USP car is arguably faster but it’s tough because
a) it is not using a 2.7T…so I am not sure it’s an S4. A car’s heart is its engine, and that car has a VW VR6 heart.
b) they never shared the multiple timeslips etc. we need for the list. Hopefully they have and I just missed it. I asked them for it on youtube but they maybe don’t check their youtube

That leaves

OZ - not an official dragstrip certified in any way
Guru - that’s an A4 with a 2.7T swap and the list was for S/RS cars. I recently added an A4 time for an A4 who came to the strip with a bunch of us (Cory Can B8 A4 stage 2 13.59 @ 99). However is it fair to the proper A4 guys to compare them to an A4 with an S4 engine? So swaps all around leave a question. The list is for comparing performance, not handing out trophies though, so should we care?

What do you guys think? The list is for everyone, not my view.

Merlin, great thread. I have wanted to start a similar thread for a whlie to debate the merits of the other times.

It is just kind of funny how we were just talking about the lack of progress, and if you step back and look at it the time from 2007, while maybe not technically the fastest, is what I feel to be the most impressive.

Marc is definitely on the list, but there is no denying the serious weight reduction. Take 700 or so pounds out of any car and it puts it in an entirely different realm.

Guru is too, but like I said I am not too familiar with the specifics of his swap. Saki from what you mentioned about the bumpers, I am very curious what he was weighing in at.

Guru’s car was making legit power and from the looks of it was tuned to allow him to actually go fast in all gears, not just in 4th like lots of the EPL guys we see.

Bumpers or no bumpers, his times are legitimately power related rather than weight. Pull your seats and bumpers and you’re only down about 190 lbs. You look like a massive ricer, but that’s not moving the needle too much in the quartermile. That’s maybe a tenth for cars lthat are as fast as this.

The JHM 11.1 on K04 turbos is indeed crazy good. People lose sight of how great K04 turbos are. It’s sort of funny that everyone is trying to reinvent the wheel. If I owned a B5 I would have K04 turbos on it in a heartbeat. Power up top…and also downlow. Really really ironed out tuning and fuelling solutions. It’s a great option. funny, in Europe you rarely hear about Tial or GT turbo’d B5 RS4 or B5 S4 guys. It’s all about the K04.

A friend of JFonz-Josh recently went 11.3 on K04 turbos.

I’m kinda fighting this battle right now myself. Looking at times and also builds of all these euro s4s its always K04s like you said. I love the idea of the RS6-Rs of having headroom above what the K04 performance would be to possibly take advantage of on a stroker motor. But as much faith as I have in JHM products and the fact I’ve never had trouble with them I’m sad to say a bit of doubt has creeped into my mind on all this naysaying thats spread about them.

I think that, irrespective of what JHM has or hasn’t done, a K04 frame turbo has proven to be the best option. Whether it be the RS4 K04 or RS6, these turbos give the best powerband. I’m sure Tial’s are fun, but just look at the powerband. The guys in Europe who have experience with Tials and RS6 hybrids will no longer touch Tials due to what they describe as unreasonable lag.

^^^what doubt?

The funny thing about all the ‘doubt’ is that:

a) the turbos are making excellent power on both stock motor and built motor cars
b) the turbos have not failed, anywhere

The only ‘doubt’ has been whether some guy who ripped off JHM’s RS6r is selling the same thing (irrelevant…and if you believe that doubt, buy the $999 version from ARD), and whether or not JHM’s impeccable record of tuning B5/6/7 S4/RS4 cars has suddenly evaporated because one guy with a JHM tune bent rods using his RS6r turbos.

The naysayers will point to the ‘three blown engines’. In fact it was one. The other blown engine was tuned by Jfonz, and a review of the file showed it was hardly aggressive…just a base tune on a break in remote-tuning setup. The third RS6r in question was actually a hoax perpetrated by Meow in one of his many bad decisions of late. That car’s engine and turbos are in fine shape, however it’s tiptronic transmission did not survive the turbos unscathed. Who cares about that car frankly because that was part of JHM’s research into what they could achieve on a budget build using an allroad with a Tip transmission.

So what doubt are we talking about? Would love to hear it because, like the mickf29 debacle, who was embarassed after raising ‘doubt’ which turned out to be lies and an elaborate hoax to promote a competitor, to the point he has withdrawn from the RS4 world in shame and has parted and is selling his car.

The things I’ve seen lately in B5 land have really been blown out of proportion in typical internet drama fashion.

Mark admitted to using nitrous he did this several times on AZ. It isn’t changing his outcome its not a raal car when you look at ti. I think we almost need to have a picture of that car next to the time to show what it took.

The RS6 debate… I don’t see how there is still one. Two times JHM and hunter… sakimano any reaon hunter isn’t on the list… I didn’t see him. Now the top 10 list of best B5s with full weight are made of up Rs6 turbo cars or hybrid veriosn. the ko4 turbos have more then enough attmpts at teh track and with all the ko4 cars they still don’t put a dent in the handfull of rs6 times.

If you have a post where Marc admitted he ran nitrous on the 10 seconds runs, please let me know so I can adjust the details of his modlist. For the record it says 900 lbs weight reduction right in the notes.

Hunter is not on the list because he hasn’t given me his full modlist. He gave me his actual timeslips, which I photographed with my phone and posted up. Just want his modlist so everyone can know exactly what was on his car when he ran . One limitation of the list is that you can’t ‘edit’ an entry…so you have to have all the info when you add it.

turbo - RS6r
tune - JHM
octane - 93 file using a mix of 93, 100 and 110 (kept adding race fuel as he ran low on regular fuel at the track)
downpipes - unknown
catback - unknown
intercoolers - unknown
intake/cams/etc - unknown

This is a quotr from mark on az

[Quote]11-26-2011 10:39 PM#147CueShipAccount TerminatedOne RingJoin DateApr 28 2008AZ Member #28173LocationNortheastMy Photo

0For starters, I’m not trying to hustle anyone here with a “ringer.” I told you what my gray car ran and even told you my black RS6 has upgraded turbos. If I was trying to hustle you, I obviously wouldn’t have told you that much.Secondly, it was mommy’s dime I was living off of, not daddy’s.Thirdly, I never ran nitrous in any of mynames except th. blue S4 which had a small 175 shot.And lastly, it’s not my fault my RS6 is two seconds quicker than 91gl’s S4. Both are forced fed 4.2Ls. Mine just so happens to be more than a thousand pounds heavier too.

P.S. I have a GTR for your Talon newaudiguy.
[/quote]
To show this was him below he posts his name in respjce to a missing ecu

#[quote]42CueShipAccount TerminatedOne RingJoin DateApr 28 2008AZ Member #28173LocationNortheastMy Photo Gallery: 0My Classifieds: 0From QW…"What you’ve conveniently left out is the fact that you shipped me an ECU contingent upon A Paypal payment for a reflash. I waited months and you never paid me a dime. Now suddenly you’re in a rush to get your ECU back but you never even Paypal’d me a measly $5 or $10 for return shipping.I’ll have your ECU out tomorrow. Feel free to commence legal action in the meantime. Marc
[/quote]

He didn’t really say the nitrous was on during the 10.7 run though. That’s what I meant. I have never seen him admit to running nitrous on the ten second S4 quarter mile times

Also a “small 175 shot” sounds like a joke.

Mark only sprayed his car in a 5k dollar street race that is the only time it was hit with a 75 shot! he went 10.50s in his tin can end of story… now mark is shitting on everyone in the b5 game with his 9.80 stock turbo record GTR and his 10.80 stock acr viper and his TT gallardo

I think I’d get along nicely with this Mark fellow…

^^why do you say that?

As per his sig, probably the quest for 10’s. ZeroT - are you hinting you might be looking at nitrous on top of your RS6R’s?

My brother-in-law has me partially convinced that my built bottom end can handle nitrous.

Dude. Get your car dialled in without the bottle first! lol.

If JHM can make it in the 10s with their RSR setup…that should be your goal. You haven’t even enjoyed your car yet and if you keep trying different things, or upgrading this or that it will turn into the reject car that is never done…or more importantly never gets to run like it should. Your going to have plenty of power…why fuck with Nitrous?

Is your brother-in-law a B5 S4 guy? or just come guy that first saw NOS on F&F

Oh, absolutely. I just want the darn thing back in my possession at this point! :stuck_out_tongue: