Engine drop question

From the Audi workshop manual

Tighten sequence

Nm and deg

So it’s a two stage job, first 8nm on all bolts and then 9nm with 90deg

Thank you

Hey guys when the injectors start failing will it show a code or the car will just run rough with not showing any codes

You will start getting codes once your misfire count exceeds a predefined limit.

You can use VCDS measuring blocks to monitor the individual cylinder misfires in real time.

Engine II

Blocks:
15- 1,2,3 - cyls 1,2,3
16- 1,2,3 - cyls 4,5,6
17- 1,2,3 - cyls 7,8,9
18 - 1 - cyl 10

1 Like

Ok thank you

Hey guys do you know the torque on the valley on gasket under the manifold

Gutentight lol

Ok I’ll stop sry

Hahaha I’m going with it haha

Hey guys I changed the injectors and the old ones were so bad

9nm for the breather cover if that is what you were asking about.

If you are talking about the intake, the IM bolts are 2 stage torque to yield bolts:

• 22 - Bolt

• Replace

• First tightening: 8 Nm

• Second tightening: 9 Nm and tighten another 90 degrees

Ed

Thank you

Little crack

Hey guys so I seem to notice the car would randomly shoot antifreeze out and after It did that and left a huge smoke it would stop but it seemed to be an hour into driving I guess until pressure builds up enough it shoots out. I believe it’s coming by the reservoir tank because of the coolant dry spot on top of the header. I did change pressure cap but it’s still doing it but could air leaks cause this? Or perhaps the reservoir tank is bad?

Yea those tanks go bad over time, the caps can go bad but less likely, the hoses leading to the resevoir could be bad (bleeder and main lower hose)

I replaced with new oem tank and cap to be safe.

If your overheating a new tank and cap will boil over tho…

Hey I found the leak the reservoir is cracked and I saw it spraying out I assume it sprayed out there from when there’s a a lot of coolant there so that’s why every time it was low and it wouldn’t do it for a while until pressure built up enough to shoot out

I’m suffering from misfires at idle and cold starts.

I think I need to check this hose (PN 07L103217B - Vent Hose, Crank Case to MAF). I see that it’s the one with the square connector to the pass side air intake hose. What direction is the check valve suppose to allow––one way from crankcase to air intake?

[answer] should be one way into the crankcase

If I only read this part instead of looking at pictures…lol. Got her out. Did the duties.
.forgot that damn starter ground…shat! Looks like my sub-frame needs dropped
.Get the hoist . Sprawwl and I . Well he got me going right yesterday. If I only read this .
Lol

1 Like

I totally forgot about this forum lol

Glad it helped. This was back from when I had no idea what the hell I was doing but now I know everything with this car lol