Epic Tuning Group and Frankenturbo?

I once believed sites like AZ only accepted a certain kind of business. Does frankenturbo even have a store front?

I’ve looked them up, they rent some kind of facility in new york, but I think its just a shipping facility, no actual sales happen there.

How to Lie and Make Profit : Part 2
Building your own 1.8t F21 for half the cost.

http://youtu.be/lNyjtNqXnaY

Oh man, I knew Doug did some shady things in 2.0t community, but I wasn’t aware how obvious it was for the 1.8t guys.

The manifold is a cheapo cast manifold, that he gets from whoever makes godspeeds mani, cuts some slits into it, ceramic coats it to look nice and out the door!

The turbo is basically a k04, the compressor wheel is even the same size. Inducer is about 1mm smaller, but the excuder is the same, probably because he puts in some crappy cast wheel that will blow as soon as you turn up the boost.

shady shady shady

He supposedly ports the wastegate too…

Doug just admitted in a post on AZ that his comp. map is bogus.

www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/620969-FrankenTurbo-Statement-on-Our-Published-Compressor-Maps

about fucking time…and still somewhat in denial

Yes, we made it up.
Yes our integrity is for shit because we did this.
Yes we denied it and avoided the topic for months, and did our best to villify the guy who caught us.

But compressor maps don’t matter anyway, so don’t worry about it.

I like how they’re saying they worked backwards.

Sure you did bud lol.

We still haven’t seen anything that corroborates the suupposed output of this turbo, correct? Still no real compressor map. Still just a bunch of bogus info and easily manipulable logs.

here is his quoted statement. Basically he is using this as an excuse to show less proof of his product. I stated in the other thread. Trying to say the stuff they made up isn’t so bad because they have dyno proof too. Well if they faked the compressor map how do they think anyone will believe there dyno sheets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREMIUM-QUALITY-K04-TURBO-TURBOCHARGER-FOR-AUDI-A4-B7-2-0T-TFSI-k03-53039880106-/131533166655?hash=item1e9ffcd83f&vxp=mtr
Here’s The FT 23L. Guess the chinese guys want to direct sell now and bypass Doug

Im so glad I came through this post man…
I have been with a k04 upgrade in my mind for some time now, but couldn’t decide which company to go with. Should a go apr and have they’re more mellow delivery and keep my 145k and growing miles engine somewhat safe from giving in, should I go unitronic and their more aggressive but over worked n75 duty cycles or maybe source all the parts and go for a custom tune with tyrolsport or a reputable euro shop around nyc/nj or Long Island.

So I started looking for what it was needed:

K04
Hardware
Dv relocation (if going with oem BW)
Injectors
Software

And the only 2 reasons I was leaning towards the frankenturbo is because one, the DV can stay down there by the turbo (personal preference, not something I studied on pros and cons of having it relocated) and the fact that the turbo could grow past oem k04 status…

I understand with an apr kit the DV could also stay by the turbo down there since theirs is machined and that cost would not be exorbitant for software since I already have stage 2, but I’m still concerned that this tunes or mass produced and not especific like a euro tuner would do to my car on the specs and conditions it sits today…

Back to the drawing board I guess. U guys saved me a headache and my money. Thank you!

Im APR KO4 tuned and Ive got 225,000 miles on my car and going up as its my DD. The tune itself is not the most aggressive but it has never once hiccuped on the 3 yeas Ive had it. Stay away from FT. They have a very bad reputation with the 2.0T crew

A few things to think about. A well made mass produced tune is much better then a poorly made custom one and thats what you would end up with in the non APR case. Standard or mass produced tunes are something that when the right company makes them are just like the OEM tune from the factory. The big money is spending the money with the companys that know what they are doing and are vested in the platform.

APR basically invented the 2.0T game. But consider JHM as they have taken the 2.0T game to a whole new level. ko4 turbo seems nice but the JHM big turbo results have been impressive and I know they are keeping it tame for the stock block cars

That’s my objective vce. This is my DD and I have been very happy with stage 2 apr tune on it. I went with the apr on the first place because I didn’t have a clear background of how this car was treated and figured it was a softer tune to keep the car rolling without hiccups. And dead on 45k after still not a problem. So going K04 was my idea to stay at APR, but to my surprise, at this last waterfest, while at the unitronic booth I was told to once going k04 (of course with one of their kits) ,to actually go to a UNi dealer and have them do a custom tune based on my car health and parts.

It was surprising for me to hear that, but it did raise a valid point of a 145k vehicle (which is healthy in every way) how bad can it go if you go to a mass produced tune that is going to push more than you should. Those tunes are built with new cars, and true and tested after time, but it was developed on a new car. So I went sourcing the parts and was gonna go that route.

Then again like Justin said, this tunes have been tested over and over and experienced by people like yourself for miles and miles.

I guess I will just bite the bullet and go apr k04 plus injectors. I already have everything else to support it and I guess the one tune that is working for me is bound to keep working, I hope lol.

Thanks guys. I’m definitely staying away from the FT after this thread

Just to let you know the APR KO4 injectors are nothing but re-branded Bosch S3 injectors that you can source out cheaper then APR sells them for. Ive seen used sets go for about 250-300 from part outs

JHM Stage 3 BT is nice but it does not fit my driving needs. I drive in city and urban area’s 85% of the time so I need by powerband on the lower rpm spectrum.

I’m not sure I’d really refer to JHMs stage 3 kit as “big turbo”, I’d be willing to bet it has the same or similar drivability to a stock car, just way faster.

Well it is a big turbo. However at the same time we retain a ton of the daily drive-ability aspects.

That was one of my personal concerns with going big turbo. I thought I was going to hate the car below 4k. Nope, I was completely wrong.

What is it comparable to? In my mind and from my 1.8T days a “BIG” turbo was something like a GT35, but even guys with a GT28 would describe their kit as big turbo. I pretty much dislike the description of a big turbo kit as much as I hate “stages”…technically anything bigger than stock is a “big” turbo kit, right?

EDIT: TD05H-20G so it is a nicely sized turbo. I wouldn’t call it big, but very capable and perfect for keeping a nice, usable powerband.

The 20g is bigger than a 2871 but smaller than a gt3071.

Your referring to BAT (big ass turbo) it is all relative to how big the turbo is compared to the size of the engine. For a small little 4cyl, these are big compared to the k03.

hahaha, ok we are straight now. BT and BAT

My wife’s hair dryer is big compared to a K03…

Hmmm interesting. IIRC Even new Bosch set is about $400 so I will go that route then… But yeah I’m there with you. I don’t need 500 whp on a FWD DD… I will be satisfied at 350 from the k04 and a lsd to keep it all tamed… At least that’s how I sold the idea to my wife lmao!

Jake I might be that dumb that I can’t figure out where is your turbo kits for the a3 8p in your website. What am I doing wrong here? lol