Finally found my perfect v10

I would love if you would detail this in a separate thread. I’m a video/audio/computer idiot, but would really like to make these updates. It’s the main area that the car falls short for me.

Pretty please? :slight_smile:

Yes I will make a thread now

So in attempts to make the car perfect for my Ceramic Pro appointment on 9/14 I have painted the front bumper, hood, fenders, rear quarter panels, door blades, rear bumper, and trunk. What has not been painted is the doors and roof. Clear braw has been applied to all repainted areas with exception to the trunk and bumper, but did put bra behind rear tires on bumper on right and left sides.

Also had the headlights redone again and clear brawd. The f’ing car has to be perfect before ceramic. Black is near impossible. I had to get the fenders painted twice because we found a blemish under the clear coat after clear bra was applied. Repainted fenders, re clear braw fenders. Now dust under the fenders braw!! Back to get fenders brawd AGAIN for 5th time on Wednesday.

Headlight braw came out perfect and ready

Filler plate refuses to not take chips, drove 40 miles after painting it for the 2nd time. Still chips. Gonna live with it. No not happy

In front of rear tires. No the door is not chipped, just dirty.

Door blades and clear came out perfectly. Dirty pics

New OEM windshield put in today. $640 w/ tax + sticky tape for rain sensor +$175 for install. Good deal imo. Old windshield was chipped, pitted, afu. Ceramic goes on windshield so has to be perf

AMEX loves me

Lake,

Excellent update. The car is coming along nicely, and will turn out to be the cleanest s6 in the US lol. AMEX and Audi may be in partnership… the requirement for funds on these cars is never ending. Cheers and keep up the great work.

Haha agreed! This car refuses to play nicely. Towing the car on a flatbed to get ceramic’d today. I will never tow on a flatbed without a front shield. Now in need of drivers side drl led strip. Ughh

!

I’m on my 2nd DRL replacement. Should be able to find new OEM on eBay for about $150.

Your car looks incredible.

Thanks wtmmm, time and pain. Pain & $ lol

I did find a used on for $175. I am going to live with it for a while as I took the supra gr off track last weekend and now need to put money into that car :frowning:

Got the phaeton brake ducts installed today. Straight direct fit with the rs6 calipers, no trimming or cutting required at all. Also clears the level sensor by 1cm at full lock. What I really like about these ducts is that they direct the air towards the hub so it can be vented through the vanes in the disc, not direct to the rotor like I have seen with some diy, causing the inside face of the rotors to be cooler than the outside.

Stock S6 Shields

Phaeton Shields

I want to install 2.5" ducts from the front lower intake vents that are not used. They are blocked off with exception to the one aux radiator. I’ll run them to feed the brake ducts. The oem rs6 has this feature.

I’ll do it clean, home brew but “a must do” to have full efficiency. When the car sits flat, you can see phaeton brake ducts do not clear under the car, maybe because mine is lowered more than a phaeton.

I know folks wants to always wants to go fast but after experiencing brake fade on the track with 3 different cars I desire brake mods.

Until that SC kit is released, I’ll want the go fast kit!!

Clean. What are the part numbers needed to do this brake duct mod, or the RS6 OEM swap?

Referenced here for a C5:
https://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=61029

The shields are
3D0615311C & 3D0615312C

The ducts are
Left: 3D0615447E
Right: 3D0615448E

The ducts to go from the front of the bumper thru to the wheel liner I am going to home brew. Not ordering rs6 parts.

Just need something like 4 of these (two in the lower inlet grills and two in the fender liners feeding the brake) and some 1’ or so tubing

Got the car up on stilts yesterday as I work towards engine out PM. Here is a perfect example of what happens when you do not loosen the control arms and re tighten at the correct ride height when lowering the car. Had a mechanic do it, obviously he forgot to do this step. Want something done right, do it yourself.

My set of (5) stasis 20x9 et48 wheels are FS btw $1000 for the set. They also have ceramic coating on them about 800 miles ago. 1 wheel has some rash rest are near new condition

Ykes. Thats messed up.

Shipping to 17538🙈

Exactly. Do it yourself.

I’ll check with fedex. Assuming $50 p/wheel minimum

On order is all coolant hoses associated with the trans and trans coolers, new trans coolant thermostat hose and electric pump, lower rad hose, PS pump, (likely PS hoses also), lower CAs, (8) Bosch O2 sensors, FCP ATF kit, aircon canister and seals, trans cooler seals, new starter. Sure will be able to add to the list but currently at $4k + $500 for HF table and 28mm jack stands.

Next is to wire a 208 plug in my garage so I can weld in the pipes

Love it!!

Takes lots of pics and post. I’m right behind you starting in September.