Help motivate me to pull the V10 out

Doing the cats atm. Total pita, first time welding but getting it down. I like my homemade head jig I made with the old exhaust gasket. It’s taking me about 3 hours per test pipe but gettin there.

1 Like

Not too bad. looking good.

It’s a monster of a job.

How do the cats look?

The cats were fine actually. Some missing a little bit on the hot side around the outer diameter but maybe only in 2 spots about 3mm inwards. Finally done hope they fit lol

I have these available if anyone knows where I can make a few bucks on em…

Looks like $200 to me. Call your local salvage yards.

Looks great!

Wish I could use the CMM at work to get some dimensions for headers… JHM wouldn’t reply to my emails on cost for a set, and I’ll have to go elsewhere.

With all of the crazy EPA stuff going on and raiding shops. Almost all companies have put talks on headers or any emissions related changes on hold.

What lake did was above what I think anyone really needs to do here. You can just gut the cats but that extra step is clearly not going to do anything but help.

I was able to get $460 from Schnitzer fyi to yall who may have some they want to sell. They offered more than anyone else

That’s a good chunk of change.

Awesome!

I need motivation to put the V10 back IN lol. Been sitting ready to be installed for last two weeks.

Still no radiator solution yet, likely replace with another OEM or nissens equivalent

Ok just finished up putting it back in there. Really isnt too bad with the cherry picker.

1 Like

I had a hard time tracking down the right radiator. My car had the auxiliary radiator so that was a bit tougher. Ended up getting oem from ECS.

Found this out in my dog yard and looks important for heat. Any idea where this was supposed to go? #37

I’ve searched for hours pn 4f0301325 and find generic only

I think I spied it on a fellow post the location! Knew I would find something on audi rev!

It’s a heat shield but I think it is for the top of the transmission for the wire harness.

I think the half shaft heat shield is 3 bolts.

There are two heat shields on the RH side of the tranny. The three bolt one shields the inner CV joint and the two bolt one (circled in red) sits above it and shields the front differential housing.

Appreciate it gents

Good post eng92

lake that should cover the shifting cable and I think maybe it’s the R selonid or some other 02 wires get tucked in there…