How many 3.0L B6 A4 owners are there in here?

Exactly, notice my thread with 2701 views and just over 100 replies! and those replies are all from myself or a few of you devoted 3.0 guys and a few other people on AR that have made a few comments. Thats why i was trying to get people to poll so they wouldn’t even have to say something they could just click what they are thinking. Oh well sucks for them, I never planned on making my car fast, I just wanted a little more go without making certain sacrifices. I will never drag my car, launch my car, or anything like that.

Its sad for us as 3.0L owners trying to get companies to make/remake parts.

I’d like a custom intake pipe that the airbox resonator connector part is removed to look factory.
Companies have already 3rd partied the MK6 throttle body pipe to correct the turbo backlash
in that pipe.

What do they say when you ask them to help up?
NOTHING just the big middle finger or we’ll work on it but never do.

I’ll post PICS the next time I have my car on the lift.
I had a problem for a whole year where the flex pipe was hitting my trans support.
It scared up pretty bad.

I had the CATS replaced and had a custom exhaust place fix any additional problems when they installed them.
The car is so much more quiet inside the cabin now and no chatter from the flex pipe hitting the trans support.

02 6spd sport. Ming Blue (hence my username paint code)

Vmaxx
A8 Flat Fives
B6 S4 front brakes
Neuspeed mufflers

Waiting to go on…
LED tails
S4 Cabrio front seats

jamietA4,

I see your going dark in some areas.
Are the mirrors chrome?
Are You going to get rid of the chrome accents?
I notice You haven’t played with the ride hight yet.
If You want a fixed ride hight I have H&R ride springs and Bilstein sport shocks I’ll send You part
numbers if You want.

For wheels I am going medium dark with lighter accents or paint matching. Not sure what way to go yet.
I’ll post a PIC to show the ride hight soon.

New here will post pics eventually.

05 usp tip black on black. Currently just rockin 800watt monoblock, 2 12s n no mufflers. Waiting on parts to reinstall coilovers.

Welcome VagLife…

Drop a few PICS.

I know We don’t have the 1.8t numbers but We still want to be heard when it comes to making
parts for the 3.0L.

I have an 03 A6 with the 3.0 if it counts. The A4 section seems to be a bigger hit. Ive currently got my motor and trans pulled, cleaning the motor up, changing gaskets on it and the trans. I plan to remove the cats, basically make my own downpipes and custom exhaust, to wake it up a bit.

Whats Your motor code?

EX:AVK

AVK is my engine code.

New to AR. Was directed over this way from AZ because I heard there are more 3.0 folks over here.
Glad to see this holds true. ;D

I have a 03’ Dolphin Gray 3.0L A4, Quattro, Automatic

Under the hood is still completely stock. I have it lowered on ST Coilovers with 18" gunmetal RS4 Reps.
Have had my car for almost 5 years now…currently at 156K and still runs like a freggin’ beast even though the torque convertor is throwing codes.

I didn’t know that the A6 3.0L motor code was the same.

Welcome.

The more the merrier…

The JH Motorsports Tune should work for You also?

Lets ask JHM.

Welcome.

We’ll try and respond to the CODE question soon.

Looks like JH Motorsports ECU tune will work for You.
They say minor tweaks but it should work no problems.
I would think the 2.5 downpipes should work also if Your AVK is the same as mine.

Do You have a VagCom cable?

Again Welcome to the Revolution.

The only difference for the tune would be adapting it to the A6 ECU, but I wouldn’t think that would be to difficult. As for the other stuff, I think the downpipes are the same, or at least very similar. The rest of the exhaust though would be different since the A6 is a little longer.

Called JHM and they said they would confirm it if the ECU code was the same as mine then the tune would be the same.

As for exhaust its about 6 inches longer where the center mufler/resonator is in front of or behind.

I would almost assume that even the ecu codes would be the same for the AVK codes. I know on my 1.8 A4 when I was looking for a spare ecu to get flashed, the 557N and 557P computers are interchangeable. When I first found this site, I wasnt too sure if the engines were the same, but it looks to be that they are, which helps out a lot. Ive also found some good exhaust examples for my A6 through here. I cant wait to get this thing back on the road.

xdewaynex

Do You have a VagCom cable?
http://www.sinosells.com/goods.php?id=7274

Really? Recommending a knock-off cable and hacked version of the product? I realize that it is expensive, but even if you do spend the $350 for it, the depreciation is minimal. I’ve seen people sell the cable that was 3-4 years old for close to retail cost. It is a great investment, especially if you plan on having VW Group cars for an extended period of time. The least you could do is spend $10 for a generic cable and then get the $100 VCDS lite version, at least then Ross-Tech is making something off of their work.

Whats point of a vagcom cable?