..... I can't believe it but I've gone domestic....

That is interesting

Yeah I know man and I thought about selling it privately but it’s usually a hassle. I might keep my eye out for a cheap S4. I’d love to pick one up with a screwed up engine as a project, but I have other things to do with my time and money first. If you see any for cheap, like 2-3k let me know. I’ll probably throw some different wheels on the truck and enjoy it for a while.

also, holy shit that you bought a 3500. They’re massive.

The best part of the 3500 is that you Dont have To signal To change lanes, you just lean… And people get out of your way lol

Last week I picked-up a Ram Eco-diesel 1500 Limited with air suspension and Ramboxes. I’ve never owned a pickup before but I’m enjoying how handy it is. The ramboxes are awesome and can’t imagine owning a pickup without them. So far I’m getting 10ishL/100 km or roughly 22mpg with 100% city driving in hilly terrain.

Euro, sucks to see you leave the 4 ring family, but like you said you will be back at some point! I’m very glad to hear your happy about your purchase, having a truck is really starting to grow on me, been thinking about building a new shed/greenhouse, not to mention I already started digging to build a koi pond, their would be no way for this to happen without paying for shipping, and with bedrock it gets stupid expensive. Not to mention a few buddies go on a annual 2 week offroad adventure on a trail locally called whipsaw, so I’m excited to go on that as well.

It would have been fun for the fact that I could drive over top of half the prius’s on the road, but that would be about it lol

The diesel is what sold me on the truck, 181hp and 370ftlbs good to tow 7600lbs in the 4x4. Heck I’ve even read some guys were pulling some massive 10,xxxlbs boats down in Florida(flat roads granted, and not ideal) although was interesting to see that the v6 was able to do it, Not to mention it’s expected to get 35+mpg highway.

Placed and then took back a deposit.

Ordering a midsize now, tacoma/frontier sizing, actually believe it’s pretty much the same size as a 92 dodge 3500, just about 6" shorter.

I was seriously looking into those, they are very nice trucks! And pretty damn efficient for a FS, and was my second choice behind the canyon.

I keep borrowing vehicles to tow stuff. Luckily I never have a shortage of family or in-laws willing to trade cars for the day :slight_smile:

I picked up another house rebuild side project downtown, and I need a truck or big SUV. I have an enclosed now, pretty sure I’m going with a used Sequoia or something. The 2008 has a 10000 lb rating, but they adjusted it later to some new standard so I think it’s more like 8000. Crazy it can do a low 15 in the quarter.

I have too much stuff to tow.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/13/5e82339b613662d582ea6d18a3e0b4a4.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/13/e4d9ba0a0af2b0d9ef2c446ec257119c.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/13/3dcca0c12f97bd7b0135cde8afa6a311.jpg

I’m still part of the family (Q5), I’m just a slow, rounder overweight cousin now.

I was also eyeing the new Titan XD that will have a new Cummins motor in it, but I really didn’t like the way the truck looked, but was very interested in the powerplant.

I had the Diesel Canyon in my sights (wasn’t available yet) but I decided I wanted the next size up for my intended purpose…mainly towing our Airstream. After owning it for a week or so it’s become a big comfy family vehicle. My son and dog have oodles of room in the rear.

What the hell is a rambox

Not my photo, and I can’t say I’ve used them like this but you’ll get the idea. There’s one on each side and it’s a very handy use of the dead space between the wheel wells.

http://charlesandhudson.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/rambox-beer-tailgating.jpg

Here’s another picture:

http://i39.tinypic.com/10gz87m.jpg

There isn’t normally that much dead space though. I think it’s a pretty cool idea, but how wide is the usable portion of your bed now? 4 feet or so?

Will it fit a sheet of plywood, 4 wheeler or a lawn tractor?

Again, really cool idea but it’s too permanent IMHO. You basically have to keep a bunch of shit in them or they are useless…or you drink a lot and always have cold beer on hand, lol

it’s not taking away width. If you could fit a drywall sheet or tractor in there without these boxes, you can fit it in there now with them. The wheel wells are the limiting factor.

^ exactly, there is no bed width loss except for the area outside the wheel wells. Plywood fits fine.

Perhaps you won’t see the beit until you live with them for a few days. They’re water proof, lockable and perfect for smaller items when you have your cab full with people/dogs and you don’t want (the small items) rattling around in the bed. Went to get a gas can filled for the lawnmower, perfect place. Grocery shopping, perfect place. These will also be perfect for carrying misc camping supplies (haven’t made it out yet), and some use them to lock away their hunting rifles. I’ve heard golf bags fit too.

Every pickup should have them.

Ah, it’s kind of an optical illusion to me.

I joined the Domestic club today.

Got the F250SD with a 7.3 liter Power Stroke diesel and a manual transmission.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Jimmybones777/My%20F250_zpseiwe6rpa.jpg

Nice jimmy gonna mod, or is it for official biz only? Sell the a6 or 850?

I am going to leave it stock. If the exhaust rusts out then I will get a bigger exhaust but that is a minor thing. It is a good thing that I know a guy that works at Ford and has had a modded 7.3 diesel.

Got it mostly to tow my cars, take trash to the dump, and as a back up work vehicle.

Still have the S4, A6, 850i, and my car hauler trailer. Not selling any of them right now.

Congrats, man! Truck looks good.

Would be interesting to poll the forum to see how many have owned domestics. I never have. Owned four cars - an Infiniti, 2 Audis, and now a Lexus.

850i…I forgot about that thing. Bet you could sell it for exactly what you paid for it.