I live my life one quarter mile at a time.

I had also thought mdubz had put his car up for sale and was looking for an rs. Guess not. Congrats on the stg2!

Dude he isn’t out to get you, lol. You really don’t post much here and the last time we heard from you it was about selling off the car and getting in an RS4, which to be honest we all undertsood your dilemma.

So maybe he is just confused that there was another guy that decided to move on. You aren’t the only one who is doing a stage 2 build and you’re probably not the only guy that has considered scrapping the project and moving on.

All in all, I’m glad your sticking with it. I can’t wait to see the car back in your hands and to hear some reviews or see some video.

My bad guys, misinterpretations are fun, I’m a goof, and sorry again saki.

8100 da forecasted for today!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/28/ydavavun.jpg

Might just hit the strip, see if I can squeeze out a 107, and work on my launching to get sub 13.8

You were talking about grinding at high RPM shifts, so I would be careful lol.

I just put an offer on a replacement transmission at a local place, and I’ll be fixing my old transmission as well. I like having options, so this way if it blows I’ll just run without third gear until I can swap in the new tranny!

So you are going to have three transmissions now ???

Correct. I know it sounds reckless to take this one to the strip when it’s already grinding, but it’s just part of my process. I had no clue how bad a misfire was before I built my engine, now after having a million misfires. Boost leaks, coolant loss , low oil, etc I know very well what’s safe and what isn’t in terms of engines, not tuning safe, but if I hit a snag I’ll say yeah I can drive home with these misfires or yeah I have low oil but it’s enough to get me to the next shop, I’m low on coolant but I can substitute water for right now. It just helps me feel more secure about the health of the car when it breaks, and I can avoid calling a two truck and taking it to a shop. Same thing with transmissions, I really don’t know what it even looks like inside, it’s a black box of gears with two shafts for all I know.

So if this one blows I’m not upset, I learned a lot from it and I’ll toss in another. Luckily you can find them for super cheap. This one I found is $500 but I’m trying to talk the guy into $300-350 picked up, since it’s not likely anyone else will buy it.

I suppose to paraphrase it’s similar to what you or any other performance shop would do, test the crap out of a product, see how far it can go until it blows, and when it does blow then you walk away happy because you learned and met your goal. Get a new product and replace it.

I love it. Total JHM way of thinking you got there.

Surprisingly there a lot of shops that leave that part of the process up to the customers.

Wink wink frankenturbo…but that’s ok because they are getting a billet wheel upgrade when the turbo blows, don’t mind the 700 reinstall bill or the downtime, or the fact they paid oem price for a pos part.

:-\ That sounds unfortunate.

Mec love reading your posts and thoughts. That’s right what most of us think. It’s great to know your here on Audirevolution. Most guys are looking for someone to blame your just looking to learn. That’s how you get ahead. And if you can’t find em grind em. Powershifting lingo.

I need a shirt that says “Grind it to you find it!”

Thanks bud! Honestly AudiRevolution came to me at the perfect time, I was getting quite exhausted of Audizine, people over there just don’t care, at the end of the day everything boils down to how much crap can I throw onto my car with as little quality as possible for no money at all. This site definitely seems to have way more educated people who actually care about the quality of parts on their cars and actual performance instead of “feeling fast”.

Grind’em til you find 'em lol I definitely need to get a shirt that says that.

http://puu.sh/baxbf/1d202bca77.jpg

On this topic, anyone ever made a custom t-shirt online before?

I want to get some old concert posters and make them into t-shirts.

For example, this tour from 1991…Alice in Chains with Mookie Blaylock (not the NBA player…that was the surviving members of Mother Love Bone + Eddie Vedder before they became…Pearl Jam)

http://www.twofeetthick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/post_mookie022091.gif

I use spreadshirt.com

I have my own “shop” on their website and I create different designs and what not. People actually buy them and I get commision. Kind of neat.

You just pick the type of shirt you want (they have a huge selection) and you can upload a photo and place it where you want on the shirt. When you are done just check out and they make it and ship it to you.

approximate price for a high quality t shirt with a reasonably simple design like the one above in 10x14" or so?