Intake questions

I have the intake off and I’m splitting it to fix broken flaps while I’m stuck at home for a while. What kind of epoxy should I get? I am going to lock it in the long runner position, what spot is long runner and how do I go about locking it there?

1 Like

Have you happened to watch this yet?

Yes I have. I got everything apart. Cleaning it out now and going to epoxy it tonight. Only thing I didn’t know is what kind of epoxy should I get and what sealant to seal the manifold back together

Hi temp Epoxy is important. You generally don’t want the fast acting stuff. They tend to not set up as well. The two part mix systems are what I have found to be the best.

To seal the intake back up. Black permatex is good.

Thanks CV. Had 4 flaps on one side broken and one of those flaps started breaking around the edge so it’ll be interesting trying to seal it

Also what exactly should I be doing with the motor and arms for the motors?

You can just disconnect them. If you have the JHM tune the tumble flaps work to help on start up so leave them alone. As those are also the ones that have the sensor on them.

It’s the TQ flaps as some call them that you want to just eliminate that motor arm connection all together

Here is the motor and arms just as a reference

Greatly appreciate it count. Can always count on you for great info

Sorry to revive an old thread, but do you know what would happen if you dont unhook these connections after the intake flap removal? And I am struggling to understand which motor arm to disconnect. If I number the motors from left to right as 1-4, is it the connection between motors 2 and 3?