Is it true that JHM project RS5 has started now?

Please please please

Jason purchased a red RS5 so yeah. Should be really interesting since I see a lot of potential from those cars.

This dramatically simplifies my “what car to get next” dilemma. I love my S5 to bits but I don’t think I’ll ever shake the urge to keep getting more every once in a while.

Knowing what the JHM treatment did for my S5 and knowing that’s inbound for the RS5… ;D

Sepang Blue RS5, driving through an underpass with the top down and the JHM exhaust reverberating everywhere… ;D ;D ;D

^How much more does the drop top rs5 weigh? I know the rs4 was quite a difference.

400 pounds? So yeah would have to do some countermeasures straight away. Like add power and lose the right weight. AKA the things JHM are in the process of enabling.

It most definitely has ;D

This is great to hear thanks for the comformation jake. I have never really been sure on the RS5 but the looks keep gaining on me. Its a 2 door so that takes it off the table as a possible option in the future but the RS5 is suposed to be the last step in the evolution of the 4.2 na. A high winding 4.2 like the RS4 but with a lightning fast DSG transmission. It will be interesting to see if you guys at JHM can crack the 11second barrier with just a few simple mods like exhaust and tune.

What are the JHM plans I would assume the normal 4.2 treatment.

Hrmm RS5 with a vortech augmentation may be tempting, however I think the problem is that the RS5 stock cant handle much more than a S5 stock before it explodes

I highly doubt that the RS5 can’t handle much more than a S5 V8. The RS5 is a much better high revving V8 than the B7 RS4. A lot of the parts are different according to ETKA too. The biggest problem that I see is that the cats are apart of the headers manifold so it requires an engine drop likely to go catless. After the engine is dropped though it would be pretty simple to use a Sawzall to cut the cats off and weld on V-band flanges to swap in catless sections. Hell you could weld on V-bands to the cats too so that they could be reinstalled if going back to stock.

Why do you think no one has made a proper supercharger for the RS5? small market? APR started on it then scraped it with no explanation to why. TTS did the S5 and R8 properly years ago; with massive numbers on both…I think when they tried to add more boost to the S5 raising it above 600bhp the blew the engine. Their 4.2 R8 claiming 700+BHP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YCk0bSrRbA) 10.8 1/4mile; not sure if those numbers have been replicated or track proven. Also not sure how many miles have been put on these kits for reliability…likely not even close to the testing JHM does.

You like the RS5 is more stout like the R8 being able to handle more?

All we know is that JHM will squeeze every bit out of the stock RS5 which is going to be exciting!

btw a 4.2 TTS R8 is madness if its reliable!

I can tell you right away that APR likely probably couldn’t tune the RS5 with a supercharger since they have needed help with both RS4 supercharger kits and most of their tunes for the current cars are having issues. For example how many RS7s still misfire on cylinder 5, lol. Then I remember seeing something about the RS5 cats posted but I would have to search for it again. Finally there probably wasn’t enough profit margin for a supercharger kit for the RS5. Lately APR has been more about turning a profit than actually producing a quality product.

I do think that the RS5 will be able to handle a bunch of power in the right hands. Probably more than a R8.

Money, it is all that matters these days right?

That would be huge if so…I reached out to a local shop who tunes modifies and races german/italian confirming the TTS kit is legit, so a 700+bhp RS5 would be nice ;D

This saddens me: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=453316362&zip=84121&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D84121%26showcaseOwnerId%3D45503690%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2018%26modelCodeList%3DRS5%26makeCodeList%3DAUDI%26searchRadius%3D0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=RS5&makeCodeList=AUDI&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=AUDI&modelCode1=RS5

https://images.autotrader.com/hn/c/91aaa92c1ada4fd3900f321800ea50a4.jpg

OMFG that looks terrible worse then terrible. I dont quite know the words for worse then terrible but whatever it is that car with the hood is it. I cant believe that APR or an APR dealer would be that much of a hack and god that supercharger red and black combination looks like shit. Honestly if you took the time to cut a hole in the hood and put that dog ugly plexaglass in there dont you think someone would have at least powercoated the red to blue to match the car…

So from the study guide the RS5 is more like the RS4 in the fact that the motors are more stout. the S5 is weaker in terms of rods and it looks like block support.

I also have to agree with jimmy on the APR dropping the program due to tuning issues. Still to this day no APR supercharger car unless retuned by JHM can pass readiness or emmisions testing. Seems they have had all kinds of issues trying to get the supercharger tunes right for the NA cars so it looks like they abandonded ship. knowing JHM and knowing the vortech units like the higher rpms than the roots style blowers I would say the RS5 is the perfict car for the JHM treatment.

Pretty much, especially since Mangrove or whoever owns APR now.

A TTS kit would be interesting.

That is a PES blower. I remember the top cover design from a local guy that had it on his S5. He now has a GTR and it is a lot faster.

I just can’t believe that anyone would want to show off a PES blower. Why not just add a sign saying please don’t buy me!

The RS5 really looks stout and with the S-tronic transmission it never misses a shift unlike the RS4 guys on occasion. The vortech/centri superchargers look perfect for the high revving RS5.

good call Jimmy that is indeed PES

we all know how the first PES RS5 turned out…after a few pages of ‘PES SUPERCHARGER IS GREAT!’ the motor blew, PES disappeared and he was fucked for about $30,000 after sourcing a new engine and selling the car stock.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/rs5-general-q/24019-rs5-oz-15.html#post768113

I emailed the dealership letting them know about the PES with a response only asking “I got your message on the RS5 - did you have any questions?” Amazing 10k price difference between RS5’s under factory warranty vs those that are not no matter what the mileage.

If I had the $$$ I’d pick up a V10 R8 sending it to JHM for the full development and treatment!

We have Software and Exhaust available for it =]

have you driven a modern V10 R8? I have and I think you’d do nothing to it.

I have a friend with a S-tronic V10 R8 and he wants an exhaust but the FI exhaust doesn’t fit on S-tronic cars.