Is it true that JHM project RS5 has started now?

Not too bad. The 60’ is a must to really get down in the low 12s and then you have to fight with the transmission to make sure its not short shifting. With the JHM tune a proper launch and no short shift you should be low low 12s for sure.

Agreed. I practically grew up on the drag strip as it was an easy, relatively inexpensive way to race and easy to access. The RS5 is “complicated” and definitely not a car I’d choose to go bracket racing in. It’s a little frustrating when I’m able to nail lower 60ft. times in a high power manual transmission car on street tires than the RS5.

And yes, it short shifts in 1st and 2nd. I’ll need to learn to do the lever/paddle dance until JHM comes out with their TCU tune. I did logs of the run and it’s shifting way too early in 1st.

too bad RS5 was never brought here in a manual ::slight_smile:

Managed a 12.2 today, same 60ft. time pretty much. Almost the same temps too. I haven’t been blessed with 50 degree (and dry) temps this winter.

https://i.postimg.cc/6QXDgRfg/ACAFF99-D-7-E32-4-D2-C-ACC2-7-E93459129-E5.png

WOW all of that was won off the line. the 60’ was about the same but something different happened right at the beginning. Are you manually shifting the car… because you picked up 3mph that’s a big chunk of speed. Congrats…

what if anything did you do different. car looks like its running strong.

Nothing different really. I ran a bit more tire pressure but not enough to get any tire spin. Going to try 44psi front and rear to see if I can get a bit of slip to keep the engine from bogging. I loose about 1000rpm between launch and when the engine starts to accelerate again. Watching JHM’s video of the 11.9 run, they loose about 500rpm. Really need to get my 60ft. time down by two tenths.

Made a few more runs and lowered the tire pressure, with them all between 12.3 and 12.5 but the temps had started to climb above 70 degrees and I knew I wasn’t going to better the earlier time.

The only thing I can figure is that when I made the run, it was sort of on a whim. I was headed out to what I thought would be a good road in Mexico and came across another stretch on the way out to said road. I’d been hammering the curves and came to an intersection where I turned left and it was just dead straight for a good distance with nothing in sight. So I stopped, turned ESC all the way off and launched. I’d been running at 60mph+ in high 60 degree temps and I think the airflow just kept everything nice and cool.

Later, when I was checking tire pressure and what not, I noticed most of the components in the engine bay really weren’t that hot at all. When the car is moving, it manages airflow and heat well.

The all go no bog is going to be a big part of the majic. on NA cars the start is the biggest deal slight spin also plays a big role in helping get that MPH up.

I assume you long pressed the TRACTION control the 6 second off where its completely off.

Correct. I turn it all the way off so it says ESC OFF on the center dash.