It's not a race thing...it's a criminal thing. Why can't people figure that out

With all do respect, Justin, but those numbers or stats or facts don’t really show or explain the whole picture. White Americans make up approx 70% of the US population. Black Americans are roughy 12-13%.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/
I think, and maybe I am wrong, most sane people would agree with you that a criminal threatening people with a gun deserves whats coming to them from the police regardless of race.

Well yes it does actually tells the whole picture. It tells you that more white people total are shot and killed by police. FACT…

The thoughts behind the link you showed tries to change things from total to percentage. That’s also a possible skewed argument to have. If were talking percentage Hispanics have the highest percentage of individuals killed by cops… Or again if your looking at percentage black cops rank very high on percentage of black cops shooting white criminals vs white cops shooting black criminals. Percentage wise its very close.

As an important note percentage wise black cops made up for a large percentage of those who shot at black suspects. Again if we are looking at percentages from the bureau of justice blacks make up for 70% of the over all crime numbers. So when you factor in that percentage its completly changes the tables. You have one of the lowest percentages of the population comitting the highest percentage of the crimes. So if we want to use percentages of police interactions to killings its drasticlly flipped and percentage wise whites are killed at a much higher rate.

percentages It can be tough because some poles want to over inflate numbers. Whites dont make up 70% they seem to make up for closer to 60% and blacks basied off census make up closer to 25%. in the end we have hard FACTS and that is that more white people are killed by cops and almost at 2:1 raito using total hard numbers. So where are all the injustice storys about cops killing white people…

Again when we look at the totals not the percentages where are the outrages from the hispanics why do we not see more white lives matter rallys. You can break down percentages to move the spectrum in any fashion you really want. In the end here whatever racial percentage you want to look at. In police shootings neither group is targeted. Who is targeted seems to be criminals.

Your right and I agree with if its a criminal with a gun threatening peoples lives and putting police lives at stake. These things are going to happen. No matter what your race color or finichal siuation.

I’m sorry Justin but you HAVE to look at percentages. You CANNOT look at total numbers.

Looking at total numbers COMPLETELY skews the truth. In 2015, 7.27 blacks per million were killed by police. 2.93 whites per million were killed by police. That demonstrate a huge propensity to kill more blacks per million than whites. Looking at total numbers is ENTIRELY pointless.

The breakdown of people killed by police per million in 2015:

7.27 Black
3.51 Hispanic/Latino
3.4 Native American
2.93 White
1.34 Asian/Pacific Islander

Furthermore,

Of the total of 306 blacks killed by cops in 2015, 79 were unarmed (i.e. no weapon at all): 26%
Of the total of 581 whites killed by cops in 2015, 103 were unarmed: 18%

Actually the total number causes a big issue for the blacks are target argument. If I use the only real hard number it would be the total number and the stats look bad for the media driven black target argument. When you use percentages you start to get things skewed looking at census polls and the accuracy tends to breakdown a bit.

Still with what you posted it shows that no one is a target. The black race accounts for the largest amount of crime when looking at both the FBI and the justice department. Blacks account for well over twice the amount of crimes in almost all catigorys espically when you account for violent crimes so when you factor that in as you have to the stats or percentages make sense and show the only target here is criminals

Since this blacks are a target thing is more of a farce the question now is why dont we see more of the news accounts of the more then twice as many whites getting shot. The pool is twice as large. This year alone there are 500 cases of whites getting shot vs about 250 blacks. That is a huge amount of whites getting shot by cops. Thats a large much easier pool to grab from. you have an almost 2:1 raito.

You want to know why you dont see stories about whites getting shot even tho it happens twice as much. Because whites wont riot or they dont riot. Telling the white comunity that a white criminal got shot wont put whites into the street. Me a white person if I saw a cop shoot a white criminal Im going to say the same thing as I would a black criminal. Its a criminal that happens.

We see this with blacks because from what I can see the blacks are eaisly manipulated by the media and they will riot and they will create news.

So by one strong account your right. Blacks are targeted but its by the media not the cops.

PERHAPS but if you look at percentages vs. population, you’re also skewing data. Why are you including legions of people not involved in crime or murder in the first place?

Let’s instead look at the data comparing ONLY murders. All homicides.

That’s what the Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal did. Measure all homicides by race, then determine the number of those killed by police, and use that percentage.

[quote=Wall Street Journal]What if the Black Lives Matter movement is based on fiction? Not just the fictional account of the 2014 police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., but the utter misrepresentation of police shootings generally.

The Washington Post has been gathering data on fatal police shootings over the past year and a half to correct acknowledged deficiencies in federal tallies. The emerging data should open many eyes.

For starters, fatal police shootings make up a much larger proportion of white and Hispanic homicide deaths than black homicide deaths. According to the Post database, in 2015 officers killed 662 whites and Hispanics, and 258 blacks. (The overwhelming majority of all those police-shooting victims were attacking the officer, often with a gun.) Using the 2014 homicide numbers as an approximation of 2015’s, those 662 white and Hispanic victims of police shootings would make up 12% of all white and Hispanic homicide deaths. That is three times the proportion of black deaths that result from police shootings.
[/quote]
Interesting huh?

How about this beauty…

[quote]Police officers—of all races—are also disproportionately endangered by black assailants. Over the past decade, according to FBI data, 40% of cop killers have been black. Officers are killed by blacks at a rate 2.5 times higher than the rate at which blacks are killed by police.
[/quote]
wow…so black actually kill cops with greater propensity than cops kill blacks. That’s pretty funny isn’t it.

Here’s another fact to chew on. Shouldn’t the high number of blacks killed by police be tempered with an understanding of WHY the police are interacting with the black population in teh first place?

About 2/3 of robberies and murders are committed by the black community. Using that statistic for likelihood of police interaction with a violent or armed criminal, seems that the police killing 2x as many whites as blacks overall is pretty incredible when you think about it. The cops are interacting with blacks 2/3 of the time and are killing half as many whites.

[quote]As residents of poor black neighborhoods know too well, violent crimes are disproportionately committed by blacks. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, blacks were charged with 62% of all robberies, 57% of murders and 45% of assaults in the 75 largest U.S. counties in 2009, though they made up roughly 15% of the population there.
[/quote]
quit being a cop hater Axel. I know you don’t like the police, but let’s open our minds up a little. Some cops are fucked and fucked up and should hang. Painting them all with that brush is moronic.

this is pretty funny. Police were called to an intersction in Houston where a man was reportedly waving a gun around.

When they arrived he was pointing it at the sky. They engaged (verbally) asking him numerous times to drop the gun and get down. He ignored them.

He then broought the gun down and pointed it at the officers. They shot him and killed him.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Ashton P. Woods, a Black Lives Matter Houston activist, questioned why gunfire was used.

[quote]It’s problematic. What about a taser? What about pepper spray?
[/quote]
are they fucking kidding?

are they fucking kidding?
[/quote]
More LULZ.

When the cops shoot a black guy thats
Not a criminal
Didnt just commit a crime
Isnt the main suspect in a call
Resist arrest
put the cops lives in danger
or all together not give any probable cause for interaction I can see room for more conversation. But so far we are talking about criminals breaking the law resisting arrest fighting with cops and getting shot. I dont care what color you are thats a formula that wont ever end well.

wow…so black actually kill cops with greater propensity than cops kill blacks. That’s pretty funny isn’t it.
[/quote]
42 cops were killed by gunfire in 2015. I don’t have the breakdown of which races killed the cops but cops go to where the danger is. It’s not like they’re driving or walking around minding their own business and suddenly, someone comes up to them and begins to harass them. The fact that cops are going into danger areas will skew that number. But of course, it’s easier to look at numbers in isolation without attempting to understand the context or the reasons. That’s like saying why are there more firefighters killed % wise by fires than the general population. That’s because firefighters go to the fires. Duh.

As for blacks making a higher percentage of criminals, maybe if they were treated the same way without all the biases, and had equal access and opportunities of success, and weren’t as disproportionately incarcerated, fewer might have become criminals. But again, no one seems to bother with the cause part of cause and effect. Only the effect part. As I said, it’s futile to discuss this stuff with you guys. You’re cherry picking stats like the one above and removing context or causes.

As for Justin’s comment, when a group of people are disproportionately represented beyond margins of statistical error, there’s a larger problem at hand. Seems no one gives a shit unless you’re among the group that’s disproportionately represented.

Chicken and egg I guess Axel. But you skipped over that whole post real quick.

Axel I appreciate your sympathetic point of view. but. Blacks are given opportunity if not more now there are special programs and groups… But hand outs are not the solution its not working its just brining them down further. If the parents make the bad choices to live in poverty or to make bad money choices that again isnt anyone’s fault but there own. Its not the system working against anyone.

We have thousands and thousands of examples of refugees that come here with with no money no beits that live in the same poverty stricken neighborhoods with the same deficits and they dont get cought up in crime or held back by the same issues. The refugee or immigrants manage to pull themselves out. As mentioned before I believe its family values and values. Where you hear stories of blacks breaking the cycle its all the same thing. The blacks that broke the cycle do so by staying out of crime and out of criminal activities.

Also come on lets stop flat ignoring the fact that criminals here are getting shot black white Hispanic.This isnt a black thing its a criminal thing.

There isnt a if blacks commit more crime thing…they flat out represent the large percentage of crime not even a single stat anywhere reputes that. But whats happening is criminals are getting targeted no matter what color. Black people are not getting arrested or shot for not being criminals or doing criminal activitys lets get that perfictly stright. Cops are not making black people sell drugs join gangs shoot cops and break the law there the onces catching them doing that. Blacks breaking the law is making blacks criminals. The largest killer of black people in all sections is other black people.

Its not a black thing its a criminal thing.

Sigh. I give up. You guys win. Blacks are more violent than any other race. Blacks are more lazy than any other race. As a result, blacks deserve to be incarcerated more than any other race and they deserve to be shot and killed more than any other race.

There you go.

I’m out.

https://youtu.be/yfi3Ndh3n-g

Double post

Police shot and killed a man today in my town. 2nd of the year I believe. Both were armed, both failed to comply with officers requests. Today’s was a 32 year old white man, earlier this year was a native american.

Nobody cares. Don’t matter.

because it doesn’t advance the media’s narrative, it’s ignored.

EXACTLY EXACTLY. The media is a joke.

Ball of Confusion…

Pretty amazing it’s the exact same situation.

Black guy
Military background
Assault rifle
Ambush
Shooting fish in a barrel