JBones's Silver Bullet B6 S4

lol I miss the old ones. They looked like something from The Flintstones. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing your car back together.

Nice, very nice!!

JimmyBones, more pictures please.

Were those the ones scotty@advanced got you that warped?

I like your work, nice looking units. Plasma cutter for the WIN. Anytime you can use plasma cutter in a post you should be given a prize.

More will be coming. I didnā€™t get any time to work on it today since it started raining but tomorrow looks sunny with a high of 50.

Yes the rusted flanges are from scotty@advanced. They donā€™t look that bad in the picture above but now they are totally covered in rust. It probably doesnā€™t help that I threw them out into the scrap metal can today with the rain. Later on, I might make door stops out of them since they are not worth much as scrap.

I really like the plasma cutter, it is fun. Just make sure that all gas cans/flammable stuff are far away because I set a bunch of leaves and other stuff on fire.

Plasma and flamables donā€™t mix lol.

Great work thus far, looking forward to more pics.

Joey cuccaro burnt his old s4 part out car to the ground thanks to a stray spark form a plasma cutter.

Come onā€¦seriously? No fire extinguisher in the garage? I have three in there.

Or are we talking an insurance thingā€¦

no, he was using the plasma cutter, then left to go to school. Slow burn turned into an inferno.

Holy crap. That sucks.

It was great for him. He was chopping up the car to take it to the dump. Came home to find the car was taken away for him after a massive fire lol. Someone sentbhm a photo of it. It looked like it was snowing out with a foot of foam on the ground.

wow, lol. Well that did work out for him then I guess!

Update:

Over a month ago I realized after being forced to look at my work schedule that I was not going to be able to finish my exhaust before my vacation in July. So I ordered headers and a FI catback exhaust from JHM. The catback showed up already and has been ceramic coated satin silver. I got some pictures of the headers before they were mailed out so here is a treat.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Jimmybones777/MyJHMS4headers_zps24b79bc4.jpg

Yesterday I got a new project car for after I finish up the S4. It is a 1991 BMW 850i with a six speed manual. Very fun torquey engine that actually gets decent gas mileage. No where close to the power of the S4 but it is super silky smooth and just cruises.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Jimmybones777/BMW850i6mt1_zps1cd57a25.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Jimmybones777/BMW850i6mt2_zpsb3324240.jpg

Beemercer, here is your cookie.

Thatā€™s a cool car. So 850 is a 5 litres v8?

I think v12

EYEspI is right that it is a V12. It is a tiny V12 but the Europeans donā€™t usually have large displacement engines like the Americans.

Love the 850ā€™s. There is one around here I see time to time and a real crazy enthusiast near my brotherā€™s house has two. One of which a tree fell perfectly down the center of the car - such a shame. No idea if it was from a storm or a chainsaw whoops but it was left in that way for about 2 weeks. I bet I can find a photo.

Both were immaculate cars from Texas. He still had/has the Texas plates on them. One silver one black.

Best of luck with it, such a unique car that you donā€™t see everyday.

Those long tube headers look so mean. And nice get on the 850i, Iā€™ve always loved those cars since a doctor in my neighborhood picked one up in like '91.

http://th156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/a_rod212/GIfs%20Album/th_Byah.gif

Nice find. You should post some details on the S6 you were talking about on AZ.

Thanks guys. Right now I just want to get the 850 through the hateful emissions and state inspection here. Since it is RWD it has to run on the dyno with a sniffer to pass as the Audi just rolls up with the readiness codes set and rolls right back out.

All in due time Beem. First I have to see about moving that secondary radiator first.