Kimovitzh's green S6

How bad is the smell? Are we talking noticeable within the cabin?

I did notes it when I picked it up.
But haven’t since. I guess it depends how sensitive you are.

My dad has an one beetle, it smells way more. So it also depends on the tune.

Yeah good point. With the JHM tune I think they actually go in and change the entire ecu to make sure the cat system is fully turned off and completely not functioning at all not just not reporting a CEL… This not only reduces any envirmential impact but it reduces or eliminates the smell people get when going catless.

Neighbors will love me in the near future.
Can’t wait to get this done and have the final logs and tuning done!

Btw, yes. I do feel a difference with the cats gone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me likey.

Really excited to follow your progress Kim! :star_struck: big props for the updates during the different project phases and as an owner of a bone stock S6 I’m very eager to see the different dragy times between the different steps!

I’m in a situation where my car is performing a bit sub par especially in the 0-100 sprint. I’m around 6,3s atm with bo apparent engine issues but I’m planning to do a post about this as well and the project of breathing new life into my white 2008 S6 :heart_eyes:

Update to sync my own tread, so here’s is the copied text from a different thread.

I’ve been hard working this weekend to make a new exhaust system - and I’m no fabricator, so this is literally my first time welding and cutting pipes at angles.

My plan was to have 2x3” pipes from the cats all the way to the back mufflers, with an x-pipe. Right before the rear mufflers there would be an cutout valve.

But nothing would go my way so I’m on plan E, I guess, and I have front resonators on, then x-pipe, and then straight pipe from there on - all in 2x3”.

On Wednesday I’m at it again to stop the droneage and cut the noise with the valves - right now it’s just straight out a race car (by sound).
Numbers are coming, I just need a break :sweat_smile:

I didn’t get a picture of the x-pipe but here’s one of the other half of the exhaust I did this alone as a first timer so go light on me.

Looking good ! Keep us updated !

You made the right decision going with the X pipe. Glad to see you making so much progress, I went through a similar nightmare myself. The cars are such divas.

Oh yes, mega divas.

I just went to the Swiss alps for a week which involves 970 km (600 miles) on the autobahn each way.

And it wasn’t long before engine light came on. Misfire on cylinder 7, so no fun for me.
And driving for that many kilometers with a straight piped V10 on on highway with no speed limit was torture.
So I limited myself to 120mph and it’s a slow acceleration.
Then we arrived in Switzerland and the. Small shakes began. Well CV boot on front passenger’s side had a small hole - and with 120 mph on the autobahn all the grease had left the boot and was all over.

So now back home the first day the day has gone with new CV joint and boot and cleaning injectors and replacing the two injectors on the cylinders that had misfires, yes cylinder 10 joined the party halfway way home to Denmark.

Oh!
This is how the valves look one year later after walnut blasting them, not bad :slight_smile:

Nice job Kim… stainless?

+1 from me to the diva statement :sweat_smile:
We went to Croatia in our V10 (1700km each way… over 1000 miles).

In Germany with no limits we “partnered” with a Corvette and “roared” together through some low mountain area… suddenly we lost oilpressure :flushed: and had to back off :see_no_evil:
My brain went into redline listing possible scenarios. Boiled it down to oilpump, electrical issue or oilpressure switch :exploding_head:
Turned out to be the latter … it was leaking from inside the connector :sweat_smile:

On the way home we drove from 36°C in Croatia to 12°C in the “real” mountains in Austria and when we wanted to continue our travel the next morning … low coolant level :see_no_evil:
We had to top up all the way home to discover a cracked cooler (the plastic).

I will write a thread on all that because I found more issues… “leftover” issues from previous owner (or his mechanic) :roll_eyes:

Yes stainless, my first welding job. Never welded before, but it turned out OK. Well if we forget about the plan with mufflers and valved cut outs. :roll_eyes:

Our drive was only 1400 km each way, but we did a lot of driving in the alps, with a bad CV joint and misfirings. :see_no_evil:

in 2019 I suddenly had no oil pressure, stopped to look and the car had plenty of oil and was dry underneath. But the suddenly oil was everywhere and guess what - oil pressure sensor.
Leaking through the connector/plastic. So yes I know that one. :see_no_evil:
Cracked cooler sounds bad though :cold_sweat:

Now that the car is OK again newest logs has been send out to JHM.
Looking for the last trimming on ECU and TCU before 0-100 (0-62) and 1/4 times.

But believe me, it’s already quite spicy! :smirk:
The amount of support I have received in not comparable to any other tuner I have ever met!

1 Like

Still trimming in the tune, it’s amazing that it just keeps getting better and better.

So all this extra trimming is due to the gutted faulty IM.
As you all know we’ve already earlier this year hit 4,64 sec 0-100km/h with each trim the car behaves differently. But the JHM tuner is narrowing it down and it’s a fun and great journey!

Anyway, new tiers were needed this week.
So opted for wider tiers to get more grip.
Before 235/35-20 front, 265/30-20 rear. New setup 245/35-20 front and 285/30-20 rear.

My FL tire was corded because of faulty lower control arm from the lowering. Keen to see how your fitment works out for you with the staggered setup

I beat my own PA!

What was done to the car:
JHM ECU tune
JHM TCU tune
JHM IM spacers
Gutted IM (Flaps removed and bottom half of the long runner insert removed)
Exhaust - Decatted, standard front resonates hereafter 3" straight with x-pipe.
PCV delete

Numbers:
On road - none prepped surface.
Gas: 100 OCT (RON) E5.
DA: -365m (-1197ft)
(Humidity was 96% and visibility was 225m - so the air was very wet, but I managed to get thise numbers!)

0-60mph - 4.42 S
0-100kph - 4.68 S
1/8 - 8.22@142.25kph(88.39mhp)
1/4 - 12.63@179.29kph(111.41mph)

1 Like

Jeez man ! Almost 1G, insane performance !

1 Like

1G and also slightly above is also possible :slight_smile:

Same day:

Different day:

Bravo! You need to GoPro so I can live vicariously through you. I just bought a Chevy volt to replace my s6​:face_vomiting::sob:

Sad to hear that brother!
I actually filmed it with my GoPro max to capture the dragy screen and the dash to have more data to work of. :blush:

Great numbers. Makes me anxious to experience my car whenever the time comes for it to be back on the road again. Until then, I’ll be waiting for your video and continue to live through all of you guys on here.