lulz on other forums (current, not classics)

yeah dude…I have thought for years about a fix. My plan is a little velcro patch on the key, another one on the steering column, then when the car is started, fold up the key so that is held tucked up and out of the way lol.

What happens if you put the key in the wrong way? lol turn the car off and try again?

well, you should know how to do it after a while. It’s a good idea…just tough to find a spot on the key to put the velcro without it being all ghetto. The flip out part of the key doesn’t really make it easy.

do a pushbutton start? the ignition is dumb anyways due to the imobilizer

Unfortunately, with the RS4 you still need the damn key even when the push button is installed.

you just need the immobilizier near the ignition and the blade turned on… you could rig up something like nissan keyless ignitions where they just have a little stub in the ignition that you turn. You could leave a blade in the ignition and epoxy on something to the end to turn… then just put the fob near the ignition… basically what I’m getting at is that the fob can be seperated from the blade… it seems the fob is what gets in people’s knee’s way

So fob can be in one’s pocket like a keyless entry card would be for Merc/Lexus etc but the blade would need to be in the inginition and have somehting affixed to it so the driver can turn it when needed. I didn’t know the blade could be seperated from the fob and things would still function properly.

^^^all of that is too much of a compromise. Velcro people! lol.

I have a spare key, it would be kinda nice to disassemble one and do this since the car would still be secure if the fob isn’t there. I wouldn’t care about the push button, but would be nice to simply remote unlock the car and then step in and turn the key over.

Just out of curiosity, the audi keys don’t charge off the ignition like the BMW keys do they?

The b6/7 doesn’t recharge in the ignition. The B8’s charge in the ignition.

This one almost deserves it’s own thread…

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/472189-Buying-a-used-B7-RS4?p=7305641&viewfull=1#post7305641

Lol, sure dude. I don’t even want to reply to that one. Nobody is buying that shit

I think carbon robs you of maybe 10-20 hp, all of which is top top top end. i.e. the power you only reach above 7,000 RPM. I don’t think it hurts your area under the curve much. I say this having owned an RS4 with 33,000 miles and 0 carbon cleans on it now. Whenever I race someone I should beat, I beat them. Whenever I went to the dragstrip, I ran exactly what I should have run. Whenever I log my car, it does what it should do. I may be leaving a little on the table, but not 50 whp like some of the morons out there will try to tell you is ‘normal’.

For me, carbon causing rough idles etc…I don’t get how that happens, but ok. Losing that bit of top end? Again, ok. Neither of those interfere with my enjoyment of the car. For me, I am concerned about carbon causing scored cylinder walls. That’s about it. Otherwise, I’ll get it cleaned every year or two and not think much about it. People just worry too much.

I met an RS4 owner on the weekend. I asked him how he liked his car. His first words? “I think I have a carbon buildup problem”. When I asked him why he said ‘when its cold it idles rough and it feels slow up top’.

So I explained that while my car has never been cleaned, it has been dragstrip tested and ran 12.9. So we did a pull from 3k to 8k side by side in 3rd gear…and we were dead nuts even the whole time. His car was just fine.

So I kinda see what that guy on AZ was saying. I am sick of RS4 owners bitching and whining about carbon buildup. It’s not the end of the world. As I said in the other thread, get it cleaned annually for $750. That’s like 3 months of fucking gas money.

Psh… Typical B7 owner, knows nothing and acts like they do… :wink:

Am I allowed to quote AR members: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/472406-Removing-ECU-for-JHM-Tune?p=7309680&viewfull=1#post7309680

Thanks B6Joe for laugh of the day!

[QUOTE=Cards232323]So I’ve seen the video on JHM’s website…Is there anyway to do this without a dremel or grinder? If not, anyone located near Whitestone Queens NY who has done it before who can come help me out one weekend?
[/quote]

[QUOTE=B6JoeS4]You can use your teeth. Gnaw on the bolts until they loosen.
[/quote]

hahahaha nice

it’s so straight faced in its delivery too lol

Agreed, carbon was just made by rs4 owners as an excuse for when us s4 owners started beating up on them lol.

I have 24k miles on my gti and I have no plans for carbon cleaning. It’s a waste really. Especially on a 4 cyl, what do I lose, maybe 5 whp? Id keep my 500 bucks and do some small clean mods with it.

naah, it’s an excuse for mediocre driving really. That’s what I’ve settled on. It’s a legit concern, but not enough to blame deserve the blame that was borne out of your bad driving/your shitty mods on.

true, guess arthur pe had a point lol

LMAO!

lol well his point was that it caused 0 power loss

others say it’s 40-50 whp as ‘normal’

It’s definitely neither of those…but rather is somewhere in between.

I should log my ‘engine torque’ metric in turbo mode and nothing else by engine speed. Then chart it like my ghetto hp/torque curve from time I logged my car. Give me a better look at the shape of the curve.

NY07RS4…wanna do the same? Log engine torque, engine speed. Nothing else…and do it in turbo mode. Do it from 2000-8000 in 3rd on a flat road.

Would be cool to log 4th gear so we don’t have the torque limiter but tough to top out 4th gear without ended up in the newspaper.