MDUBZ Intro and B6 S4 Build Thread

Looks like fun :slight_smile:

Should definitely be some good wrenching. How are you enjoying your car? I haven’t seen you post in a while.

did the guys at jhm give u an idea of what the car is capable of at the drag strip.

it’s not capable of anything crazy if it is running a low boost tune/pulley

how long is that going to be for? Maybe I missed it.

We will see what stage 2 is capable of this coming week at the JHM dragstrip rental day. They’ve been running the inhouse JHM stage 2 car a couple of times over the last couple of months and it’s frigging impressive.

Nothing definite, but I’ve heard rumors my setup now will get me about the same time as Marcus’ car right now :wink:. Their drag event is this Wednesday, I wouldn’t be surprised if he brought his car but that’s just speculation on my point. I wasn’t told that.

In about 2 months I’ll get the smaller pulley and yes the potential time with the new pulley is ridiculous.

Take this with a grain of salt as it doesn’t really mean shit but at one point during the ride home I pulled over to try out the TRC app 60 foot timer.

1. I was at about 5,500 feet
  2. there was clearly frost on the street and a little dirt/gravel
  3. I didn’t launch but rather pulled away kind of spiritedly because of all the parts in the trunk
  4. I left the traction control on lol

Even after all that I was able to pull a 1.9 60 foot according to the app. Who knows how accurate it really is though. I was gonna try the 1/4 mile timer on this flat stretch of road but decided it was too risky because there was a hill at the end of it. Luckily I decided not to because that was literally the first speed trap I came across. I still rolled through it at 60 mph and it was 40 there but got lucky even with no front plate, knock on wood. By the way, I’ve been doing that for years and years now and have never been pulled over for no front plate.

Here’s a neat comparison. iPhone 5s next to the brake pad.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/17/7413eb47fe4a15af77f8556cf73256b2.jpg

Interesting, I guess the OEM fueling is capable of some pretty high horsepower figures.

Btw, JHM rear BBK? You mean the extension bracket and larger rotor I assume?

Yeah exactly. Technically not a true BBK but should definitely be better especially with the weight savings.

They put bigger injectors in my car after the motor was broken and in the rpm limitation was removed.

[quote]Should definitely be some good wrenching. How are you enjoying your car? I haven’t seen you post in a while.
[/quote]
I have been and just picked my car up last week, again. They had mentioned another Stage 2 car was getting shipped out any day… didn’t realize it was yours.

I am going to try and make it out to the JHM drag meet this Wednesday, work load permitting. I haven’t drag raced anything in over a decade or more and would be nice to meet some other Audi peeps.

Right now my car (and I imagine yours) is running just over 6 psi and the goal with stage 2 is ~11 iirc. Should be another 80-100 hp and maybe break into the 10’s. Your car should be more capable of that than mine as it is a bit lighter (sedan vs. avant) and you have headers. Everything else looks about the same though except I have an LSD in the rear.

Regarding Stage 3, as there is none yet, obviously, but from what I understand is that a larger diameter exhaust and more fueling upgrades will probably be needed.

I have been and just picked my car up last week, again. They had mentioned another Stage 2 car was getting shipped out any day… didn’t realize it was yours.

I am going to try and make it out to the JHM drag meet this Wednesday, work load permitting. I haven’t drag raced anything in over a decade or more and would be nice to meet some other Audi peeps.

Right now my car (and I imagine yours) is running just over 6 psi and the goal with stage 2 is ~11 iirc. Should be another 80-100 hp and maybe break into the 10’s. Your car should be more capable of that than mine as it is a bit lighter (sedan vs. avant) and you have headers. Everything else looks about the same though except I have an LSD in the rear.

Regarding Stage 3, as there is none yet, obviously, but from what I understand is that a larger diameter exhaust and more fueling upgrades will probably be needed.
[/quote]
Ah yes, the injectors were upgraded, forgot about that lol. Oh damn, I didn’t realize you only picked it up a week ago. I remember it being back there but shit. I forgot to ask about the psi values actually but I did ask about moving to a 2.75" exhaust and was told there is nothing yet but you never know. I’m thinking 10’s for stage 2 is definitely doable :wink:

I did just pick it up a week ago but I only dropped it off the week before. Had an 02 sensor issue and a couple other small issues that needed addressing.

Gotcha, so not that bad. I take it you live in California or at least kind of close, hopefully? I know you’re enjoying all the extra power so driving back and forth is at least fun.

He lives in the bay area if I remember correctly.

I am wondering about the exhaust too.

Went to go do emissions today and guess what, too low to avoid the header to catback flanges scraping. They lowered it onto the rollers and there was maybe a quarter inch of clearance and once the car was rolling it would most likely hit from bouncing. I’ve got until Friday before the temp plate expires so now I need to decide what I want to do.

1. show up to the emissions place with a jack and stands and raise the front an inch in the parking lot for the test and lower after. Probably will take me 30 minutes each way.

Or

1. spend a late night or 2 installing the Ohlins coil overs this week after work. The Ohlins rear height can be adjusted extremely easily with a bolt accessed from the bottom of the control arms whereas the H&R kit requires the subframe to be lowered for there to be enough room to pull the perches out and then eye them before tightening it up and hope both sides are the same height. Install will probably be about 5-6 hours but then I can adjust height easily enough that I can do it in the garage before heading to the emissions place.

Awd need to do roller test in CO? Not even Cali makes you do that.

I think New York does in places too. There was a software update for the V8 B8 S5s because they couldn’t hold 2500 rpms for a short period of time while being emissions tested.

we don’t do any rollers at all anymore here. sucks for all those small guys that went and bought dynos to do etests and now doesn’t matter. my 95 plow truck still gets a sniffer but anything new u basically pass as long as u don’t have a cel.

Huh? How can a car not hold a specific RPM? Weird…