Mec's Intro Thread

It sure wouldn’t hurt,too bad its a push button

I use those for my motorcycle key chain lol

Get a sticky note on your steering wheel

damn why not drive down to sea level somewhere.

8500 feet is depressing

Seriously. Best of luck but even with a good run that DA sucks. Don’t expect sub 14s I don’t know how much hp your making but in that DA you would need a ton to get into the 13s.

13’s would be fantastic! As long as I can match or beat Jake’s stock turbo time.

Spoke too early, expected DA keeps climbing!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5593/14888792712_9fb5da789d_o.png

Well for the past week or so my exhaust has been getting louder, and louder, and louder. This morning it was unbearable. I knew I had an exhaust leak. Drove back to Denver. Put the car on ramps. All the plumbing looks good. Turned the car on felt around for heat, sure enough it was the manifold…

This manifold has been a headache. Since day 1, I should have just sent it back. I received it and the tack welds were garbage, the studs were the wrong size and wobbling everywhere, I sent it back to RAI at a nice cost of $70, to be warrantied. He sent it back assuring me it was ok. I installed it, The manifold sat on the frame rail and made the entire car vibrate horridly. Sent it back, another $70…I receive the manifold, nothing fixed, RAI’s owner claims my motor mounts are at fault. I try three different sets of motor mounts, RS4, 034, stock, nothing makes the manifold fit. I take the manifold to a local manifold design shop and have them truncate the manifold to clear the frame rail and I run like that for a year. Later on I start working on the car that was used to model everything RAI built for the b7 chassis. Well hello, I find a 2" stack of shims below the drivers motor mount, elevating the entire passengers side of the engine just enough to clear the frame rail…Strange the owner of RAI never mentioned shimming 2" to the motor mount…Shady work…very shady work. Well I had my manifold ceramic coated, I moved on, and its now just past the two year mark, and sure enough, there is the cause of my exhaust leak.

Over the past few months my manifold studs have been breaking. First it was the rear motor side, then the front motor side, and as you can see in the picture, the one that must have broken last night (because its not covered in soot yet), is the front airbox side. So basically my turbo was held on by one stud…

Sometimes I wonder how “fabricators” can sleep at night knowing they put people in these terrible situations with their shoddy fabrication… I’m going to attempt to find a machine shop tomorrow to see if they can drill these out and replace them…I’m assuming they will most likely have to re-tap the threads and go with bigger studs.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3895/14915291970_87074c5fe0_o.jpg

This kind of thing really pisses me off. You spend hard earned money and you still jump through hoops to make something work that should already work.

We all for years have warned guys about China headers that crack and rust in less then a year and talk about terrible fitment but your buying from a company that is established and should know better. I dint follow the 2.0t stuff real close but they had one guy Clint that tried pushing there products. I’m guessing RAI isn’t a strong name In The 2.0t game anymore.

RAI is gone, they sold Eurodyne maestro to everyone, sold a few turbo kits, tons of downpipes and watermeth and then they have disappeared, a year later everyone finds out that their products are breaking…

Worst part is I took a look at my turbo, looks like some of that metal gasket might have gone through it, the fins are a bit chipped…the housing has two cracks in it…might be time to upgrade…man what a bummer tonight…

Don’t lie to these people that car clearly doesn’t run.

Much photoshop, many lies, wow

I was very critical of RAI. They tried to make a blower kit for the 4.2 S4 and just railroaded this one guy. It was a mess the customer was sending me lots of pms it was just so painful watching how incompetent they were. It looked like they were making a push for the 2.0t market but it sounds like that flopped.

what the fuck? is that screen name for real? Can’t be…

You were right to be critical. Man you should see the quality of their work…its the work fab work i’ve seen by far. Here’s the thing my buddies car is how they got their start in the 2.0t, they put a gtx2867r on his b7, made 420whp, and kicked back and watched the orders come in. Sold tons of eurodyne, downpipes, catch cans. 6 months later, downpipe reviews show that they are hitting the subframe, or the tranny or don’t like up, no one has any clue how to run eurodyne, so you’ve got a ton of guys that need support, and RAI can’t handle it. Right now now one in the b7 section on audizine buys from them, they burned their reputation real nicely.

Truth…I hate this car this week. Haven’t even driven it since Monday, just hearing it makes me upset. Theres 3 things left on that car that need to go.

That RAI manifold…I was gonna fix it…i think its time to trash it, its a POS
That Exhaust…too much rattling and rice, time for some fast intentions exhaust and a JHM downpipe Y.
And Maestro. I either need to find someone that knows maestro or I need to scrap it and get a real tune.

The one and only…straight out of audizoo!

Lol she’s real

I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about… I’m just here to catfish since I can’t on AZ anymore

Ahh, I didn’t notice you were back on the hunt!

What the f is catfishing and why can’t you do it in AZ im sure they miss you.

Its kind of an inside joke now, but its where you pretended to be someone your not to trick them. Kind of like trolling!

But there was a instance on AZ not too long ago where there was a “girl” that mec was flirting with on AZ and it turned out to be a dude. So when B7girl came on the boards everyone was skeptical at first lol. Mec was curious none the less though ;D