My 2013 Audi TT-RS Build Thread…

Yup

S-tronic > R-tronic, however a clickety - clack gated manual would be quite cool.

Just don’t be as slow as this bloke

Watch “AUDI R8 6 speed manual metal shifter gate sound” on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5OEVKB6rk8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ha. Great video but I wish I had a video of the first time that I drove a manual R8. Because I totally missed third and punched the ac controls. The best part was that the customer was in the car.

hahaha thats awesome

I lold at this at work. My colleague is looking at buying one but wants a video of you punching the ac buttons first

Prime you never fail to bring the heat. Always fun to watch you take the smart approch to each car and mod

Chris, Thanks I appreciate it…

If it were me than I would rather a manual R8 V10 over a R-tronic but the new S-tronic should blow both of them away.

Also it is so much cheaper to go faster in a TT-RS over a RS5.

Yup

S-tronic > R-tronic, however a clickety - clack gated manual would be quite cool.

Just don’t be as slow as this bloke

Watch “AUDI R8 6 speed manual metal shifter gate sound” on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5OEVKB6rk8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ha. Great video but I wish I had a video of the first time that I drove a manual R8. Because I totally missed third and punched the ac controls. The best part was that the customer was in the car.

hahaha thats awesome

I lold at this at work. My colleague is looking at buying one but wants a video of you punching the ac buttons first

Prime you never fail to bring the heat. Always fun to watch you take the smart approch to each car and mod

Chris, Thanks I appreciate it…

Prime if you have would love to see some pics of the domestics in your stable… There is a domestic forum somewhere on here lol. Or are you on svt performance or similar

Agreed…come dirty up the domestic section

bango/Euro, I’ll post some over the weekend… May have to scan some as I don’t have digitals of my older GT that I had… I posted some of my 99GT I had on another thread… No domestics currently at the house! LOL My brother still has a 97 Cobra, 01 Cobra, and a 71 GTO Judge… I’ll see if I can get some pics of those as well… Also, yes I am on svt and Corral but don’t post much at all… On svt I’ll troll the pics and vids and kill section but that’s about it…

Prime if you have would love to see some pics of the domestics in your stable… There is a domestic forum somewhere on here lol. Or are you on svt performance or similar

Agreed…come dirty up the domestic section

bango/Euro, I’ll post some over the weekend… May have to scan some as I don’t have digitals of my older GT that I had… I posted some of my 99GT I had on another thread… No domestics currently at the house! LOL My brother still has a 97 Cobra, 01 Cobra, and a 71 GTO Judge… I’ll see if I can get some pics of those as well… Also, yes I am on svt and Corral but don’t post much at all… On svt I’ll troll the pics and vids and kill section but that’s about it…

So I had planned to hit the strip last night in the S4 to have a semi grudge race with a good buddy/co-workers friend… Unfortunately, he had something come up so he couldn’t make it… I wasn’t going to go as the DA wasn’t like it has been the last two nights and figured I would spend the time with my son… Well he was being a brat and I decided I would go at the last minute but would take the TTRS… As I was getting ready to leave I realized I needed gas… I had about 1/8 tank of Shell 93. Was going to get some more pump but decided to try 2 gallons of Shell URT mixed with the 1/8 tank which brought me up to around 1/4 tank or a little more…

Car: 2013 Audi TT-RS - 6-speed, 1,200ish miles, 1/4 tank of gas, full weight, 38psi up front 34psi out back

Mods: APR 93 tune, 1/8 tank of Shell 93 and 2ish gallons of Shell URT

Conditions: 61F, 64% humidity, 29.96BP or a DA of 1,758. This is about 600 foot difference to the worse than last time when I went 12.12 in 1,134DA…

Made 2 passes… Wasn’t sure how I would do with the worse DA but better fuel… Track was a little slicker because last time I went was a Sat. with a big event so there was much much better prep. Last night was basically a ton of street cars not a lot of big power cars…

First pass ended up being the best one…
1.7208 60ft time
5.0452 330ft time
7.7576 1/8 ET
90.47 1/8 MPH
10.0760 1000ft time
12.0239 1/4 ET
117.09 1/4 MPH

I spun a little on the launch do mostly IMO to the track prep… Unfortunately, I didn’t tape the runs so I can’t see my exact launch RPM but it was between 4K-4.5K I think I hit my shifts nearly perfectly… I always look at my passes and test them with the 1.55 rule, so with that it was a very good pass since 7.7576 * 1.55 = 12.02428. IMO the closer the actual time is to the projected time the cleaner pass… At least that is what I have seen on my S4 passes… So only picked up a tenth in ET with the fuel but got a nice bump in MPH of over 1.5 mph in trap speed…

Overall, I continue to be pretty impressed with this car… My only worry is the clutch as I am working it hard on the launch… It hasn’t shown any ill effects yet but I think as I push it more and harder it will become the weak point… I am fairly confident that I could eek out an 11.9x pass on straight pump in a near zero DA… I may try to do that or I may switch to the 100 tune and try that… I am pretty sure I could come close to my S4 times with this car and just the 100 tune and equal conditions! Pretty impressive IMO… Again, sorry no vid this time… I’ll get the slip up shortly… Oh the other pass was a 12.07 at 116.53…