New 1/4 mile record by APR! BOOOOOMMMMM!

Unfortunately, it looks like they aren’t opening until Sat. April 8th! Sigh! Supposed to be great conditions Sat. as well…

I didn’t know you were local to me? I’ll be there next Sat. for sure. Jeff the owner of HS tuning should be there as well along with a few cars he’s put the UC on recently… He has a few cars but I know he’s trying to get his B5 to the track soon which he’s hoping for good numbers out of… I raced him on the highway leaving Norwalk once and he got me pretty good so it’s a fast car no doubt…

he’s not…he’s just crazy

Loe just got in the 10’s. Wow!

Yep! Saw that last night on facepage… Great job and I’m very happy for him… Amazing how far the platform has come especially since we’re basically still working with bolt-ons…

Are you heading out today ?

yep…

So quick with boltons! Good luck prime!

Nice, Good luck Rob, I bet you’re psyched to see what she’ll do!

Sigh! Mother fucker… Just called and closed do to being too wet from the snow we got yesterday… Unreal the DA was going to be perfect for around here and under 500! So freaking pissed…

Damnnn, snow at least temps will still be down! When does it open back up?

Next Sat. Wed’s don’t start until May… Actually, supposed to be 70 Sunday! lol Got to love Cleveland in the spring… I’ll be there next weekend… Was hoping to focus on the Porsche next weekend but looks like I’ll be running the S4 or both… Cobb has made some changes I want to test, hoping to go sub 11.5x in that pig… lol

*piglette lol it’s materially lighter than the p!g

Sorry Ron, B is right new to the N and I didn’t proofread. What trap does the Porsche turn? I made a slightly better new best stock RS7 pass today @ 11.212 at 122.81. I also learned you cannot hot lap them like a B8, ZF trans does not like that at all- next three passes were garbage since I didn’t let it cool sufficiently. Good luck next week, excited to see the results for both rigs!

[quote=“cobrario,post:33,topic:9408”]
It’s all good man, no worries… The best I’ve gotten out of the Porsche was 11.71 at 114.75 with a 1.59 60ft time… The tune is very conservative IMO… Cobb chops the throttle after the launch which is killing me I think they’ve reduced that but it’s to protect the tranny as this thing makes a lot of tq… The Cobb AP device is awesome as it logs 27 fields with incredible sample rates, logging every field in around 1 hundreth of a second… It makes vagcom look like the joke it is… lol Yeah, next week I guess just bummed as yesterday was a near perfect day with the sun out, cold, decent bp, and low humidity… Oh well… I did take the car for a spin and did a couple launches, it feels much stronger in 1,2,3 which is where you can see APR picked up a bunch of et over my best pass so I’m optimistic…

We will have to continue to the “battle” (apparently we are always compared to each other Ron LOL) once I get the Macan Turbo.

Thanks guys! I’m pretty stoked, but just think of what others will end up doing since there are people like Matt with cams/heads/ported blower/meth and now going UC, and then Ron’s UC +his ability to outlaunch everyone which APR ran 11.012 in less than favorable conditions. My time will soon/quickly be surpassed, but I’m just simply happy that the stock blower finally cross the 11 sec marker. This should be for an interesting 2017 year, hopefully more items can be added to continue the bolt-on theme; its remarkable how much the car can do with soooo little, definitely that quattro + dsg helps utilize everything.

only thing I wish I could have done is surpass that 125mph marker, maybe this fall if I pick up some lightweight wheels/tires (these bridgestone RE71’rs weigh 2-3lbs more than PSS or PS4’s unfortunately).

[quote=“primetime,post:34,topic:9408”]

Yeah, does Cobb have an arrangement with existing tuners is that why they haven’t come to the Audi camp full force? Their tuning and Cobb AP have typically always been head of the curve, they is a pretty advanced AP back when I had my Subaru in like 2005 :wink:

Also interesting to note that you cannot hotlap the rs7 like the b8, id figure maybe a tcu tune might help or was it the engine that was hearsoak it was actually trying to protect going into a safer mode?

That little dag and powerplant is something else, I guesss there is a point of diminishing returns but dayum for what is still considered bolt-on this thing is getting seriously quick. I would assume the real gearheads might think twice about trading up for a new one just yet if they haven’t added any boltons.

Curious what the next chapter holds , I’m sure the TT 6 cyl will be a force to reckon with just love the Supercharger whine and tq response! If the car was a little bigger it would be fun to pick up as a little pocket rocket!

Keep pushing the envelope guys! Good stuff.

Indeed… At the end of the day I’m just glad the car keeps improving and you’ve got things sorted out… I think it’ll be close as we’ve discussed just need the fucking track to open so I can get a number… Given APR’s numbers and how my drive yesterday felt I think we’ve both improved dramatically in the lower gears and I know I can out 60ft the APR cars times so… we’ll see don’t want to be accused of being a bench racer :wink: Yeah, I have the head start on the Macan but I’m guessing you’ll catch up quickly… lol Not a lot of drag racers on the Macan forum hopefully we can change that…

Honestly, not sure… I know Eric at APR is buds with Mitch at Cobb… I love everything about the AP, gauges, change tunes easily, logging, codes, etc. It’s a very nice package that works well and is easy to use… Just glad I went with them over GIAC, not that GIAC would be bad as I’m sure it’s good but given how much tunes evolve I would hate having to pull the ecu and send it… Cobb puts a file out, you download it to the AP, and load it to the truck and off you go… lol

I saw the #'s for the GIAC Macan file, doesn’t seem as good as the COBB, and then add in the accessport and its a no brainer (as much as I like GIAC for the 3.0t platform).