New 1/4 mile record by APR! BOOOOOMMMMM!

Then my hypothesis is correct, there is an understanding :slight_smile:

not sure, didn’t lose much MPH relative to the .2+ I lost- 60’ times were dead consistent but it went pear shaped from the 330 on- Slips are included if you guys have any thoughts. Also included a cool pic the track photog got of the car at launch.

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/360298344.jpg

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/431061935.jpg

You’re soon going to need a wheelie bar

Awesome pic of the car!

what gas was that on? 11.2 (almost) bone stock is insane. You just have light wheels right?

First time I ran was straight 93 and went 11.23 & 11.28 with a 123.46 trap as the highest of the day. This time I went about E24 with 2.5 gallons of E85 but that didn’t make any difference I don’t believe (just under a full tank of fuel this time too which meant about 18 gal). Wheels are 20x10 and weigh about 24 lb each -I’m running stock size 275/35 Michelin PSS with my regular street air pressure of 42psi. No other stock car there those days was even close, well closest was a C7 Z06 that ran 11.67 @124.40. I’d like to run stock but on 100 or 104 just to see if I can get 11.1X or 11.0X.

Holy weight transfer, Batman! :o

Where are you going for those dragstrip runs?

The time on the sheet doesn’t match what time of day it looks like in the picture. Also do they do a T&T on Mondays because that would be awesome since I have that day off? It is like 3 and a half hours one way to Atco and I go there since they have T&Ts on Tuesday nights.

That’s Mason Dixon in Hagerstown MD ( it’s actually on Rt 40 between Frederick and Hagerstown but closer to the later). They only run Saturday and Sunday with occasional Friday nights. It’s a little hometown type track in the hours they operate but the prep is usually very good for TnT and it’s probably less than 2 hours from FfX.

Here is a weird one- made my quickest yet slowest stock pass - last one before stage one goes on this week.
check out the 1/8th mph, crazy! but then it died on the big end.

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/464881301.jpg

Heat soak? Or the ecu was protecting for some other reason? I still cannot believe how fast these are stock. I know stage one is 10.6 but geez this low stock is great!

This just destroys f10 m5s right :wink:

I didn’t log but I assume it pulled timing/boost because if all else was the same I should have turned 125+ trap and likely would have had my 11.1 or 11.0 pass I’ve been pushing for. I haven’t come up against any F10’s but stock for stock I doubt many would see anything other than my tail lights ;D

it didn’t die, it was just a bad time from the clocks at the 1/8th.

If it ‘died’ on the big end, you wouldn’t have run 11.20. Your 1/8th was on pace for 11.2 and that’s what you ran. So all of your ETs line up right on the money.

If your 1/8 MPH was legit, you were on pace to trap 127 mph, and to trap 127 mph you’d have run 10.8 ET, and have been 6.9 at the 1/8 and 4.5 at the 330. But you weren’t.

The only data point that is off is the 1/8th MPH so rather than be upset about what could have been, just realise that it never was, it was just the clocks acting squirrely on you.

got it- not upset, just hopeful- already have the fastest stock RS7 time I can find anyhow but was hoping to get just a touch better.

upset is the wrong word lol, sorry. Rather than trying to figure out what went wrong , I would ignore it, as it is the only outlier on that timeslip. Everything else lined up.

no worries- I appreciate the input, so it’s likely the speed sensor was wacky and I probably had my usual 97.5 to 122.5. Car is a blast just stock but the temptation to move on is too great, getting APR stage one this week and will get back at it as soon as I can- hope you guys don’t mind me posting here, figured we don’t see a lot of activity in the RS side so I’d rather post where I’ll get feedback.
Thanks,

yeah, it’s weird but once in a while something fools the track. It’s often a trap speed monitor although it can be an ET monitor too. There was a B6 S4 guy who had a 4.5 second 330 foot time once in his low 12 second car. Nobody noticed it but I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of times from various cars and there are reasonably consistent ratios that your 330 , 1/8 , 1000 foot ET translate into with the 1/4 mile ET. Same goes for MPH. So when a piece of data doesn’t match, it is pretty obvious what happened.

4.50 would translate into a 10.9x (I think?) I’m finding that on the B8 3.0t, the calculation from the 1/8th mile seems to be 1.56 range and not the normal 1.55 range. I wonder if that’s standard for AWD cars vs. two wheel drive cars?

Here are my slips from my last track outing:

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/medium/4_slips_04072017.JPG

[quote=“sakimano,post:57,topic:9408”]
Just like the 1.46 60ft time… Timing equipment issue not reality…

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/756386-1-46-60ft-GIAC-Dual-Pulley?highlight=1.4+60ft

yeah, the time wasn’t able to be replicated again, so I would say the timing gear wasn’t correct.