New JHM Transmission Tune- Thoughts?

Anyone do the JHM transmission flash yet?
Feedback?
I did the ECU flash and was pleased with the result, not perfect, but did unleash the beast!
Does it help with the lag in the 2-1 downshift while rolling slowly?
Thanks!
Merry Christmas!

Cable just came in today, going to either do the tune tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. I’ll probably post an update here once it’s all said and done.

Do you use the same cable as the ECU tune?

The JHM trans program imo is a big big improvement. Especially if you already have three JHM ecu rune. As thes transmission is the next in line to block power. So the JHM transmission tune unlocks that.

Jhm is building the transmission program from the ground up. To support flashing at home. Before they would read off each transmission file. I assume due to how many updates were offered for carbon issues and power issues that there are probably a few transmission files they don’t have but it will be nice to see the mighty 5.2 finally unlocked

For now as I understand it. The transmission tune has its own cable. You can’t use the old cable

Yes unfortunately you have to buy a whole new cable

Any update on the tune? I was interested in it, now that there is a sale, I’m very interested. The factory trans setup is not the greatest for sure, be nice to tighten up the shifts

I am going to go for it. The new cable arrived last week.

I am just now in the process of sorting out a few key measuring blocks so I can use VCDS to try and quantify the measurable differences between the stock and JHM TCM tunes.

I’d love to hear some specifics on what’s they change in the tune. Maybe even see some performance numbers.
I wish I could find some info about the ECU tune to know specifics on what they changed to get the extra power. I know I’ve read the ecu tune helps the engine operate safer but what is safer about it? I wish they listed those details on their description.

I think I’m finally going to splurge on both JHM tunes this year. 2019 was finally a trouble-free year of V10 operation, so I think its finally time.

Looking forward to hearing your analysis.

There was a few good reviews on the site. They all say the same thing that I’ve seen with my car

Here is what had been said and I saw. And from what I remember what JHM had said

The TCU holds back power from the motor the same way the ecu is detuned for the motor. The Tq restrictions are lifted from the tcu

Then since the transmission is a big hydraulic pump the transmission pressure is increased. The clamp load for the clutches is increased. Pump speed increased shifts made faster. Little to no clutch slip. The clutch slip kills the clutches and the fluid

So more power faster shifts longer transmission life plus all of the other things they did that I can’t think of right now

Ordered yesterday, ( thanks JHM for the no interest financing) I’m hoping to have the cable for the weekend. Any idea how much time needed ? Is it like the ECU tune where it takes a bit of time to adapt, or will I feel changes immediately?

Ordering today as well. Getting the JHM exhaust as well!

I’ve been going back and forth with JHM for a little over two weeks now. On my second power connect cable and the new flash tool is still telling me “Looking for flashing cable.” Hopefully everyone else that purchased it has more luck than I did. The v10 guys at JHM have been working around the clock to help me out though so hopefully I’ll have an update soon.

Hopefully they get things sorted soon, I’m sure they will.
Looking forward to hear your feedback on the flash.

So great news, we just got everything sorted and I just wrapped up the tune. Best way to put it is that I’m still trying to process this is the same car. I’d never thought I’d see this car chirp tires through first and second but it does. The shifting now reminds me of the SMG transmission in the e46 m3. Short and sweet, if you don’t get this tune you’re missing out on a HUGE experience and breakthrough for our platform.

Can the Transmission Tune be applied if one does not have the JHM ECU tune? I’d love to firm up my shifts first that’d be great. I’m just waiting on doing an ECU tune until I have all the supporting mods I want first.

@V10S6PA

Great review. Maybe we should start a new thread with the JHM TCU tune results. It’s good to see another good review. It makes such a big difference you only know it once you have felt it. I tell people how much it effected my car for the better but you only know what I mean when you actually have it done.

You can use the TCU tune as a standalone. And it will make a difference. Obviously for the full effect you would want to have the JHM tune for the ECU. But IMO for those that have the ECU tune they see the difference the TCU is the same thing.

Is there any way we could see a video of acceleration after the tune?