New JHM Transmission Tune- Thoughts?

If it’s anything like the JHM TCU tune for the RS5, then it’ll completely change the car. That’s saying something for a car that already has a quick transmission (dual clutch). Considering the issues we know exist with the ZF in the S6, then I would say the JHM TCU tune is a BANG for your buck. We all know this is the weakest link in the S6, so it’s nice to see that it’s at least getting some love in terms of performance.

I recall Michael telling me about how it truly reshapes the car in every way possible when the TCU tune was still in beta. I’m excited to hear you guys reviews, and perhaps if someone is close to Houston then they can let me experience it too. It’s still so fascinating to see how far along this platform has come.

Keep in mind the dash is digital. So you won’t be able to see very much from just that. Also the biggest response will be the feel of responsiveness of the transmission via the physical in car feel .

Any options for the C6 A6 3.0T?

@Ynnekdude

Email JHM they have a A6 3.0T development car. Yes they have something for your car. I’m sure you can find out more of the information your looking for.
V10@jhmotorsports.com

Great to hear. Thank you, sir.

I was hoping at this point to post about my experience with the TCU tune, but I’m still waiting for the power connect cable to show up. Anyone else been able to get it done?

The cables are on back order with no ETA. Been waiting for mine too.

Still waiting as well.

In the same boat as you guys. Eagerly awaiting the cable.

Whent hey say not available for a 2005.5 B7 - how does one know if you have this model?
I am in Australia, and my car is “2006” but I believe the date of manufacture is August 2005

I want to clarify that this is for the C6/4F model A6/S6. I hope this helps! I know the models may be different in NZ.

oh my bad - im sorry, i read this then got caught up in my own thing!

Your talking about the 2006 S4. Correct

Sorry for the delays on the cables guys. We sold WAY more than we expected over the holiday sales. We have a large order coming in any day now so we can get these cables shipped out. We appreciate your patience!

Yeah thats right - I have a B7 S4, its a ‘2006’ model, but the plate in the car shows manufactured august 2005…maybe the question is better directed to JHM themselves, they’re probably in the best position to answer.
The car has the 6speed tiptronic (which is a ZF 6HP19) I presume its the same as whats in the S6 tiptronic…

[edit] thats incorrect, the S6 has a 6HP26A, and the A6 has the 6HP19A…

I’m assuming there is a difference between the ECU and TCU tuning cable?

@andy_nz

I have the same transmission as you I have an S4. Email the JHM guys give them your TCU id code. You have to email the V10@JHMOTORSPORTS.com

But yes they would know best

We are getting everything consolidated for the C6 so that both ECU and TCU are same cable and Tuning Suite

So I currently have an ECU tubing Cable from the tune I got about 2 years ago . It won’t work to tune the TCU? Is there any physical differences in the cables?

It will not work with the TCU tune. You need to get the new cable to perform TCU tunes (it also does ECU tunes) as it’s upgraded hardware.