New JHM Transmission Tune- Thoughts?

Hi. I have the ECU tune, the 2.75 catback, the spacers all installed by Dynarev in Illinois. I want to get the TCU tune but Dynarev still doesn’t have the TCU cable. Please update me when they this is available so I can get the TCU tune forthwith!

Any updates on the cables? :eyes:

Just received notice that my cable has shipped!

This is great to hear. I would think the other cables should be going out over the next week or so as well.

Let us know your thoughts.

Great to hear! Hopefully mine is coming soon.

Mine shipped 2 days ago. Should have it tomorrow but now the car is down so I can’t install it right away.

I just received my cable, if I can get some time over the weekend, I’ll post some feedback

Any idea what they didn’t adjust the stall point in the torque converter to give us some form of launch control? Kind of like how the first generation r35’s had. Figured I’d see if you knew so I wouldn’t have to bother them.

I don’t think you can do any kind of adjustment to the torque converter stall through a tune. Its a mechanical device and changing the stall speed would require a new converter entirely.

Yes the stall of the converter is mostly mechanical. I know on my car JHM was able to pull out about 600 more rpm delay on the brake TQ for my transmission tune.

As I understand it they let the TQ converter lock up allow a slight slip allotment. But too much more and as Mr.toooo pointed out its mechanical and it stalls at a mechanical point. So if you try to push it too far your going to burn up the converter and the clutches.

Update, my tcu is officially tuned and all I can say is this is probably the best performance mod I have bought. Shifts are a ton faster, smoother and power isn’t held back

Damn really making me excited for this. When did your cable arrive? I still haven’t received any shipping information :frowning_face:

I got mine Wednesday. I also had 2 day shipping and had ordered it the week after their big tune sale. Wasn’t too happy when I paid for 2 day shipping and found out they were back ordered. Are you located in the USA?

I’m really curious how the transmission holds back power. Is it communicating with the ECU telling it “hey back off a little”? Or does it set some rules before things get going telling the ECU I can only handle X amount of power?

I believe the latter. I’m not too familiar with the technology side of this car but from what I understand the TCU has a certain set of parameters that it knows to not go over. So while you may lay 100% into the throttle off the line the transmission will still only allowed “maybe 75%” of that power. The ECU and TCU though both have settings in them to hold back power. I assume this was done by Audi to keep the luxury feel. Stupid idea if you ask me. Thank god JHM look out for us because if they didn’t I can honestly say I probably wouldn’t have kept this car for very long. Call me childish but having a v10 and getting dragged down the highway by a 17 year old kid in an sti with 200 dollars in bolt ons was extremely annoying lol

Makes sense. Wonder if those parameters change depending on the gear you’re in. I could see it limiting first gear the most.

Yep, USA. I ordered after the sale so I’ll probably be one of the last ones to receive it. My fault for not jumping on the sale.

Got mine yesterday, no time to update yet. Working on a tranny flush and JMH exhaust intstalll! :sunglasses:

Any updates or reviews on this tcu tune??

1 Like

I’ll be getting an update out in the next day or two. Major improvement all around on drivability and performance.