New Member Intro...

I would categorize myself as the kind of guy who has averse reactions to things shoved into him, it may work for you, but it just doesn’t get me going.

Your comment just clearly stated that you have tried having things shoved into you and found out it doesn’t get you going any faster… Just remember to put that in your list of attempted power adding modifications.

New member here. I’ve recently bought a 2007 RS4 - that I’m in love with. I also have a 2010 VW GTI and recently sold my 2004 BMW M3.

I’m looking forward to some technical discussions as I prefer to DIY everything I possibly can. I’ve done a regular maintenance on the car (fluids & filters & plugs). After that I have a few projects planned: I just ordered all the parts for a walnut shell blaster / carbon cleaning kit - I don’t think it has previously been cleaned. I’m also planning to remove the downpipes and make “piggies”. after that I plan to refinish my stock wheels - the previous owner curbed them… trying to decide if I want to do the “titanium” mods - trim & wheels.

I’m a little worried about removal of the valve cover process, but I’m reading as many threads i can find on the subject - but I have yet to find a good DIY on the downpipe removal process - or is it just like the S4?

no mods to the car at this point - it’s stock except the window tint, de-flapped exhaust, and hard wired radar detector.

http://www.voidopolis.com/images/rs4/WP_20140621_20_49_09_Pro.jpg

Welcome!

Welcome. You’ve found the right site. The guys here are the guys who actually know and have done it all. So you’re going to get the best direction and advice here. If you’ve got questions on how do to something and you don’t see a DIY posted in the tech section. You’d do well to just ask and most of the members can walk you through it.

Good starting work. Might want to look into a carbon clean as well.

Welcome! You’ve arrived at the correct place, the DP removal on the RS is actually a little easier than the S.

I believe he is, he referenced a media blaster for the carbon removal.

Car looks very nice. Welcome to AR.

looking forward to you producing a carbon clean media blast DIY!

Car looks great. Love daytona. Daytona Ti looks pretty damn scrumptuous too. Can’t go wrong.

Why are you going to remove the valve covers again? Did you mean the intake manifold to access cleaning the intake valves? Or the actual valve covers (red in the pic)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/JKGTI/Cars/RS4.jpg

oops yea… Didn’t mean value covers - just the intake manifold. I do plan to take pictures of the process.
I’m planning to work off two DIY threads:

This for removal of the cover:
http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=439.0
(there is also a good guide, from APR I think, for the install of their supercharger)

and this for the walnut shell process:
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=104824&sid=ab81b2a0b7db8de4f5edf2443d686f81

the 335 guys are media blast experts if you are looking for anymore tips/tricks. They must have some threads.

member 2000S4 did his RS4 with walnut shells a couple years ago using the shop-vac/blaster method and said it cut the time pretty much in half. For most people the manifold off/on is the hard part. Just tedious because there’s so many little steps and lots of awkward bolts etc. After doing it a few times, 2000S4 said he can have it off in 30-45 minutes.

Hello All,

New member here. I’ve been on Audizine for a while, so not new to the Audi crowd (same username). I’ve seen a few of you over there. Came from the B8 S4 world and now have a '14 RS5. I’ve been lurking on this site for a while but have now jumped in. Glad to be here!

Dave

Welcome aboard! Pics are obviously a must for the RS5. :wink:

Willkomen!

From 3,0t to V8, say it isn’t so!

We have another member here who did just that as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! I’ll post up some pics for sure. And yes, happy to make the switch from the 3.0 to the V8. Depending on the crowd I’ve either been applauded or been accused of blasphemy :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted a chance to own a high revving V8 while they’re still in production. It hasn’t disappointed ;D

Welcome and YES!

LOL you won’t find any of that nonsense on here!

Insanely great looks
V8 soundtrack
8400 rpm
Forged rods and pistons

Who, the fuck, would complain about that? I will be shocked if we don’t see an rs5 in the 11s naturally aspirated.

Tune, full exhaust, lw parts…done. There’s one on my street. I will try to get him to come to the strip in October.